IMPORTANT:Facebook App provides access to camera/microphone.

Writer

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 2:24 am » by MickyMouse

Way back when when you got your shiny new Android device and installed the Facebook app and agreed to 'whatever that says' and clicked ok?

Well as of Jan 18, on Android devices the facebook app now has full access to your microphone and camera, which the app can use at any time without your permission now apparently.

In fact the app on Google Play says:

HARDWARE CONTROLS
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.

So if you enjoy walking around your house in the nude, or like talking about interesting topics, just be aware that whoever at FB or any of the companies they provide 'services' to could very well be watching and listening! But remember... you 'agreed' to it :P

Source: ATS (and verified by me).

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread919249/pg1

Apologies if this is a repost.

Anyone else concerned about this????

Writer

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 am » by MickyMouse

Possibly important to note that I only have iDevices (yeh yeh.. i know) but I have checked this on a friend's phone who has auto update on and she received the update with this facility automatically on Jan 18.

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 am » by monster zer0

MickyMouse wrote:Way back when when you got your shiny new Android device and installed the Facebook app and agreed to 'whatever that says' and clicked ok?

Well as of Jan 18, on Android devices the facebook app now has full access to your microphone and camera, which the app can use at any time without your permission now apparently.

In fact the app on Google Play says:

HARDWARE CONTROLS
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS
Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.

So if you enjoy walking around your house in the nude, or like talking about interesting topics, just be aware that whoever at FB or any of the companies they provide 'services' to could very well be watching and listening! But remember... you 'agreed' to it :P

Source: ATS (and verified by me).

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread919249/pg1

Apologies if this is a repost.

Anyone else concerned about this????

You need to read some of the other agreements of other Apps.

And what about the ones that dont ask?

this android and IOS crap is new, but within ten tears it's gonna be so virus full.... then what happens to your info? Simply because you want to play "angry birds" someone gets access to your bank account?

It's not coming, it's already here.

IMO, too many people are throwing away their rights to their personal info as if were nothing. I feel for the younger generations, teens and young fools in their twenties. How many just don't care or worse, simply "trust" someone else with their personal info?

If you worry about your privacy, dont use facebook and dont use google. Thats a start.

if worried about someone taking pics with your own device, put electrical tape over the camera.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 am » by Malogg

Get an ole pair of headphones and cut the jackplug off and stick that in your mic plug whenever you want to maintain a private conversation.

Stick a RIZLA over your cam ahaha now you can be sure no fecker can listen into you and they aint gonna see a thing.

:cheers:
Every clown has a name eh what is yours?...

Writer

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 4:37 am » by MickyMouse

My hope is that some plastics dude out there is reading this now and goes and starts making 'privacy cases'.

My biggest concern about all of this is that whilst we havent had 'privacy' for a long time now, we seem to be entering a phase where privacy has no value anymore and you have to 'opt in' to privacy, instead of 'opting out'. Nobody ever reads the agreements they make and i think that this is now being actively preyed upon.

I mean, your FB wall is one thing, but a mobile HD video and audio bug carried by hundreds of millions of people? Now that was once the realm of movies but now coming soon to a Phone Near You!!

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 am » by Mep630

just so you know, your mobile phone is a tracking and listening device for the NSA. Pretty soon stuff like your dish washer and your xbox are going to be able to spy on you, if they are not already....

always cover cam lenses when not in use.

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 am » by mediasorcery

its built into a lot of sortware now too, you caint git away from it so easy, demonic mind virus.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 am » by mykingdomforthetruth

the bit that worrys me is 'without consent'
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm » by Tjahzi

good post.

i think even if you deleted the facebook app, they'd still be able to get your info.

Smartphones were probably designed for intel perposes in the first place..

Initiate

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm » by Ishumble

Big brother :peep: