Important Information for Playstation 3 Registered Users

Initiate

PostWed Apr 27, 2011 8:54 pm » by Acee22

cosmonaut wrote:Image

niceone

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 27, 2011 10:27 pm » by Ufosarus

yuya63 wrote:Hey Troll, Thanks for all the info on this. I found it all very informative. And to the assholes that are just here to argue, go fuck yourselfs. With all that is happening in OUR world these days, playing games online is a great way to forget all the crap and relax.

well said :flop: .....But u should,ve bought an Xbox :lol:
no really its a lot better :wink:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:07 pm » by Mrmcnuggets

There's been money circulating in my area w the v over the presidents face and on the back in quotes "you have to admit, there is something terribly wrong with this country". I say go red team, frag out. :shooting: :hell:
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:13 pm » by Pavmas

thats why i do not use my bank or cc for psn, i use a prepaid card.

It must be worrying if you have used your bank details and the fact that Sony took over a week to release this is a disgrace.
your bank will refund if it has been tampered with but they will go after Sony for not releasing this info ASAP.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:20 pm » by Mrmcnuggets

I'm not turning it in lol just let it keep circulating, give the people the idea to watch v for vandetta, and when the time comes we shall all give them a 5th if November that'll always be remembered.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:29 pm » by Mochon

Well this took a while to get into the forum....its been a week and sony still claims they r working on security issues before they go online again...but i call it bs...what i heard from other people, is that the entire network of sony is lost for good. anyway i hope not but still its important to change passwords and rmeove details like troll said....now cyber warfare isnt my specialty but i belive sony messed up with the wrong people...even though they had every right to do so...copyright laws huh? why didnt apple do something like this when their system was "jailbroken"?? mhhh....anyway i hope i doesnt take long and sony users arent ripped off....

Initiate

PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 pm » by Pavmas

2 machines in my house less than a year old, If they do not get it up soon I will be wantinhog a refund as the machine is not fit for the purpose it was bought for.

Initiate

PostThu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 am » by Cosmonaut

And were off! The first lawsuit filed against Sony is in, thanks to Kristopher Johns, 36, of Birmingham, Ala., in the U.S

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20057 ... z1KlJQRRhN

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20057921-260.html

http://www.scribd.com/doc/54070618/John ... aint-FINAL

Did you not look at the complaint? If not, take a look at page 20:

2) Restitution and disgorgement of all amounts obtained by Defendant as a result of its misconduct, together with interest there on from the date of payment, to the victims of such violations.

3) Actual damages for injuries suffered by Plaintiff and the Class.

4) Compensatory money damages according to proof.

5) Statutory damages according to proof.

6) An order requiring Defendant to immediately cease its wrongful conduct as set forth above; enjoining Defendant from continuing to falsely market and advertise, conceal material information and conduct business via the unlawful and unfair business acts and practices complained of herein; ordering Defendant to engage in a corrective notice campaign; and requiring Defendant to refund to Plaintiff and all members of the Class the funds paid to Defendant for the defective PlayStations and PSN services; ordering Defendant to pay for credit card monitoring for Plaintiff and all members of the Class.

7) Punitive damages.

8) Attorneys’ fees and costs.

9) For statutory prejudgment interest.

10) For such other relief as this Court may deem just and proper.

Any valid complaint needs to specify what it seeks for damages; that part usually comes at the end.

In a nutshell - Disgorgement (e.g. stripping Sony of money it gained as a result of this action), compensation for any costs incurred as a result of the breach, (e.g. credit monitoring, fighting identify theft), any damages provided under the statutes Sony allegedly violated, punitive damages, interest, attorney's fees, refunding costs for "defective" Playstations and PSN services, paying for credit monitoring, and anything else the court would be amenable to tacking on.

I think USA courts will throw this out because of ATT Mobility v. Concepcion. No more class action lawsuits to avoid arbitration clauses.
http://www.latimes.com/business/sc-dc-0 ... 9412.story

If its not a class action, just this guy wins. If it is a class action, then PSN users will get some token compensation and the lawyers will win big. I'm no lawyer but European courts take a severely dim view on lax data protection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action_lawsuit

My cc details and yours, fellow psn wingnuts, were freely accessible on the psn dev network, and it took hackers to bring that to light.

In related news: Lawyers in this industry all popped enormous boners together...even the females.

Initiate

PostThu Apr 28, 2011 1:57 am » by Pavmas

in the uk you can get a refund on any item that does not fit the purpose it was sold for

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 pm » by Mochon

well i just got an email from sony..apparentlly many users in my area were affected---bummer....anyway ive canceled the cc just in case....but i wonder did any of u guys received one too?
I called the sony center in my area and they said they arent still sure whos info was stolen and whos wasnt..(wtf) so they r emailing almost every user if not all of them to enhance their "security" and ask them to keep an eye on their cc transactions....anyway i dont think these guys were after $$...i just think they wanted to give sony a lesson.What they did tell me is that the network should be up and running this week. so theres an update for u guys straight from the sony service center.

PreviousNext