In 1492, the natives discovered they were Indians...

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 6:31 am » by Iamthatiam

CaptainRutland wrote:Such depth can exist in a singular paragraph of well chosen words, presented simple and plain, questions asked and statements made. Yet, behind and contained in such, are more questions deserving answers which would encompass centuries of books, libraries of films and halls of records.

By the very nature of asking, the said paragraph calls and demands explanation, the words have power, clear and seen, there is ‘iron’ contained in this mournful asking, simple and said with sadness or guilt, but words said well and measured fully.

A simple paragraph that recorded the demise of a people, the ending of life ways, the dreadful imposition of dogma, and the violent fatalities of the unconverted. Adam was driven from his ‘Eden’ by flaming sword and with knees bent, watched as his spirits of faith and life dissolved, but they only hid.

Resurrected by future generations, Phoenix’s from the ashes of misguided or greedy or ignorant men.

Such is the power of words. For good or bad.

"I'm a writer obsessed with remembering, with remembering the past of America above all and above all that of Latin America, intimate land condemned to amnesia."

Eduardo Hughes Galeano.

I'm glad you enjoyed, Cap!

Yes, the Words can be 'imbued' by such a power, which goes beyond what is formatted. Subtlety bearing discharges of intention animating its most tenuous link with this objective reality! Beyond the mechanics of what is written, there is a Universe not yet fully mastered by this contemporary civilization...
:flop:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 8:30 pm » by Jet17

I am your quote specifically stated those things.

and your reply danced around that question like Muhhamed Ali doing the rope a dope on Joe Frasier.

your JOB, seems multi faceted. almost like you are a macguyver of your country, upon whom they call to fix all.

what was your job title again?
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 pm » by kentrb

Iamthatiam wrote:"In 1492, the natives discovered they were indians, discovered they lived in America, discovered they were naked, discovered that the Sin existed, discovered they owed allegiance to a King and Kingdom from another world and a God from another sky, and that this God had invented the guilty and the dress, and had sent to be burnt alive who worships the Sun the Moon the Earth and the Rain that wets it." --- Eduardo Galeano

Thought of sharing with you!

thanks for that iam :cheers: ive never heard of that guy before ,but would love have to a coffee and chat with him.he sounds like he has it figured
in these parts it was around 1763 or something like that.it was just like eduardo stated though.
the kings and missionaries showed up at the same time,give or take 50 years
there is the dotted i's and crossed t's version,which is to say,the version we know and are taught.
when this version was being taught to the natives,the teacher was military might and a conquring mentality.it was administered by kings and organized religion.
i cant say i blame anyone for how it was,or who is right or wrong.
i can say that i play a role for how it is,as we all do.
ive been studying up the local natives here for quite awhile.even had me a couple indian kids,lol
half indian,half swedish.both would say they are canadian.here is where they were born
so in todays world,that makes perfect sense.
if you asked me what nationality i am,i would say a jewish indian.i am adopted into my kids clan,and i think jew means man.

nation
The word nation came to English from the Old French word nacion, which in turn originates from the Latin word natio (nātĭō) literally meaning "that which has been born"
funny how the meaning of written word changes over time,but so it is

the indian language is a complicated language.academia has been trying to turn it to a written form numerous times,but it always becomes to complicated.
the indians didnt dot the i's or cross the t's
thier language was an oral language.
imo,oral language is closer to speaking in spirit than written language
it was passed from generation to generation.not taught ,but passed.
they didnt use books.
you can teach a child about harmony and respect from a book,but expirience is more truthful and real.
hands on works way better for teaching

jet was asking why they prefer english as a language over thier own
well,say you have a kid.
one day,someone comes and points a gun and says,im taking your kid.
they take your kid and send him or her to a place that is unreachable for you to follow.
you never see your kid again
they were sent somewhere that spoke a different language.then they were dressed in thier "new" cultures clothes and punished anytime they spoke there own language.
two generations later,there language is mostly gone
now they speak english and are taught the same history as you and i.
now they are you and i for the most part.minus thier culture and language.
now native culture is taught in university.

i was talking to a fellow on a reserve a couple years ago.i was looking at the totem poles and this fellow comes up and starts chatting.he points to his family totem and gives me a real quick story of what it represented.
i, at the time was looking into some of the local native oral stories.
a one horned goat at that time.alfred,that was his name,didnt know to much about it.
he was more interested in telling me about the church across the street and how old it was.
well anyways,i asked how he pronounce the name of his village.as he was teaching me,i made a comment that it sounded like a raven.he laughed and said that,that was where his language came from.
the anunciation.
funny stuff,lol
about a year later,i was reading up on noah and og and when noah sends out the raven to look for land and the raven doesnt come back
i remembered what alfred said about his language.
i thought,thats why it didnt come back,lol
the one horned goat to me sounds like a unicorn
it comes down a mountain to punish man for disrespecting nature
there is a story of a water grizzly that rises from a lake,below the unicorn mountain,to punish man for disrespecting nature.

that is the jist of a few of the oral stories ive heard.
sorry for going off the op

thor said that it comes down to survival of the fittest
imo that not true
its only bigger guns and armies and an organized conquring mentality.
i would say the indians were and are more fit and are still surviving with a culture change.
they adapted as we have
we all just wanna be owners of the land now
we wanna be landlords and not many give two shits about our great great grandchildren and thier children
its like saying ,its our nature
we have our nature defined by our ego's
we have our nature defiined by laying down our ego's
either way our nature is defined by our choices
society seems to think our ego's are in charge,but really we our in charge
we just let our ego's run things ,rather than common sense

imo,the indians lived by laying there egos'down
society imposed there ego and now things are the way they are

i think its all good.we can fix things
:hugging:

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 9:21 pm » by The57ironman

Fossileyesed wrote:
Iamthatiam wrote:"In 1492, the natives discovered they were indians, discovered they lived in America, discovered they were naked, discovered that the Sin existed, discovered they owed allegiance to a King and Kingdom from another world and a God from another sky, and that this God had invented the guilty and the dress, and had sent to be burnt alive who worships the Sun the Moon the Earth and the Rain that wets it." --- Eduardo Galeano

thanks for that iam :cheers: ive never heard of that guy before ,but would love have to a coffee and chat with him.he sounds like he has it figured
in these parts it was around 1763 or something like that.it was just like eduardo stated though.
there is the dotted i's and crossed t's version,which is to say,the version we know and are taught.
when this version was being taught to the natives,the teacher was military might and a conquring mentality.it was administered by kings and organized religion.
ive been studying up the local natives here for quite awhile.even had me a couple indian kids,lol
half indian,half swedish.both would say they are canadian.here is where they were born
if you asked me what nationality i am,i would say a jewish indian.i am adopted into my kids clan,and i think jew means man.

nation
The word nation came to English from the Old French word nacion, which in turn originates from the Latin word natio (nātĭō) literally meaning "that which has been born"

the indian language is a complicated language.academia has been trying to turn it to a written form numerous times,but it always becomes to complicated.
they didnt use books.
you can teach a child about harmony and respect from a book,but expirience is more truthful and real.

well,say you have a kid.
they take your kid and send him or her to a place that is unreachable for you to follow.
they were sent somewhere that spoke a different language.then they were dressed in thier "new" cultures clothes and punished anytime they spoke there own language.

i was talking to a fellow on a reserve a couple years ago.i was looking at the totem poles and this fellow comes up and starts chatting.he points to his family totem and gives me a real quick story of what it represented.
a one horned goat at that time.alfred,that was his name,didnt know to much about it.
he was more interested in telling me about the church across the street and how old it was.
well anyways,i asked how he pronounce the name of his village.as he was teaching me,i made a comment that it sounded like a raven.he laughed and said that,that was where his language came from.
the anunciation.
funny stuff,lol
about a year later,i was reading up on noah and og and when noah sends out the raven to look for land and the raven doesnt come back
there is a story of a water grizzly that rises from a lake,below the unicorn mountain,to punish man for disrespecting nature.

imo that not true
i would say the indians were and are more fit and are still surviving with a culture change.
they adapted as we have
we wanna be landlords and not many give two shits about our great great grandchildren and thier children

....beauty of a post fossil....

..........an indian jew ?....me too

:cheers:

....remember....the authorities are working hard to keep you feeling helpless...

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 pm » by kentrb

cheers 57,brother
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 7:18 am » by Iamthatiam

Fossileyesed wrote:

nation

they didnt use books.

well,say you have a kid.

the anunciation.
funny stuff,lol

imo that not true
they adapted as we have

Foss!

You enriched even more what Im after: A Broader Perception! Which I was trying to put it this way to the first kid you mentioned, but I failed to draw him away from something deeply enrooted on his understanding, limited by the self assertion of how the 'ego' of a modern white USAmerican should be, regarding this indigenous 'issue' (the second kid, tho, is just another idiot).

Im urging to see these matters exempted, and this is, imo, a good material to assist me on it...I could perfectly well be thinking like these kids, as my educational background strongly tends this way, far too connected with many of this civilization's modern endeavours, but...whats wrong in making efforts in rescuing...no, better, "remembering", the essential teachings, and ways of life?! Integrating all these to my own role inside this modern society, as subtler as it might be demanded by the situation, this still being something to improve my connections, and that of those around me, with primordial values that should never be forgotten!

A pleasure interchanging informations & perceptions with you, dear friend. As usual! :D

Thank you!

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 am » by Iamthatiam

Jet17 wrote:I am your quote specifically stated those things.

and your reply danced around that question like Muhhamed Ali doing the rope a dope on Joe Frasier.

your JOB, seems multi faceted. almost like you are a macguyver of your country, upon whom they call to fix all.

what was your job title again?

First, this was a 'house', now...a 'boxing ring'...What the heck? :mrgreen:

You can have 'this' belt, kid...and let me smoke me peace pipes with me friends, willya?!

Macgyver...LOLzz...And you thought this to be a national crysis, where you must resist being convinced otherwise, aye?

No, bud, lower your 'weapons'! The quoted title, and whole Paragraph, are simply putting things 'above' perspective, or in a 'wider' one, if you will! You are to blame in seeing this way. Think about it..this is a perfect illustration on how inverted the values were, and still being. Think about the religious implications in seeing things the way Eduardo put!? Whether liking or not, you are standing for the way your far too fervorous religion ancestors put things, writing these down to educate them own kids (your G parents)! Aren't you curious at all to see how things really went back there, or you took as granted everything said to you? It would be a shame, you settling this mental resolving this way, since you are an intelligent individual, Jet!

My job...Im a Fiscal authority, for the Public Security/Order Office!
:flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 pm » by Iamthatiam

Previous