A Giant alien worm spotted on Mars

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 6:01 am » by Frutty

marduk2012 wrote:Ze....shadow...of the "tornado"...looks not quite right imo...it doesnt fit.

(or does it due ze sun´s angle?)

:)

Though the shadow don't pair up with the white smudge, it's an incredible twister anyway. Remember it's NASA that is vouching that never before seen high definition photograph of an alien tornado in another planet.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/MRO/n ... 20307.html

:ohno:
ImageImageImageImage
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 6:03 am » by Iwanci

Will you are opening up a can of worms with that one mate

:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 6:21 am » by Frutty

:flop:
ImageImageImageImage
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Initiate

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 am » by Truthisaweap0n

Though the shadow don't pair up with the white smudge

that is because the angle of the sun is low, so the long shadow is the shorter curve of the white twister. You can tell how high up it is going by the distortion of the shadow and the fade at the end of the shadow that matches the diffused 'cloud' towards the top.

Initiate

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 6:39 am » by Truthisaweap0n

hmmm. after closer inspection, it does look off, becuase the shadows of the rockes dont match. perhaps what we are thinking is the shadow is actually the disturbed soil path of the tornado.

Initiate

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 am » by Deuem

marduk2012 wrote:Ze....shadow...of the "tornado"...looks not quite right imo...it doesnt fit.

Might I suggest another angle on this. Lets say for discussion the photo is real. What I see is a lot different than a shadow. I see the black area on the surface as the path of destruction left in the soil. If it is a twister, then the surface soil has been upset and blown away leaving the darker lower layer exposed to viewing. We can not see the shadow because of the angle or the opaqueness of the twister. If Mars is like the Moon then the very top layer of dust/soil has been exposed to a tremendous amount of cosmic energy over millions of years and has changed color. Underneath it should be darker.........

Food for thought.
Deuem :cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 9:15 am » by Jet17

!Thanks Will!

That worm photo is still tops!
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Super Moderator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 11:48 am » by Spock

If this isn't a fake, it looks most like a plume of smoke to me. Possibly a volcanic vent letting off a bit of steam.

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 pm » by Smokeydog

eldorado wrote:Weird how the white trail differs from the shadowy groove behind it......cant figure it out?

same :S unless theres 2
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 12:26 pm » by Will69ease

deuem wrote:

Might I suggest another angle on this. Lets say for discussion the photo is real. What I see is a lot different than a shadow. I see the black area on the surface as the path of destruction left in the soil. If it is a twister, then the surface soil has been upset and blown away leaving the darker lower layer exposed to viewing. We can not see the shadow because of the angle or the opaqueness of the twister. If Mars is like the Moon then the very top layer of dust/soil has been exposed to a tremendous amount of cosmic energy over millions of years and has changed color. Underneath it should be darker.........

Food for thought.
Deuem :cheers:

Finally, a logical conclusion!
By the way, did you notice our pal opened a whole new thread about this exact same picture? I'm so annoyed I just couldn't respond on it.
incredible-twister-captured-by-nasa-on-the-surface-of-mars-t69143.html
Perhaps a moderator would join the two threads...hint hint

PreviousNext