indiana 4.2 eq

Initiate

PostThu Dec 30, 2010 7:49 pm » by Seemychess

CNN) -- Debra Sholty was just opening up her business Thursday morning in Kokomo, Indiana, when a 3.8-magnitude earthquake rumbled through the north-central part of the state.

"It was like a huge explosion under your feet," said Sholty, the owner of Hobson Cleaners.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the quake struck just before 8 a.m. ET and was three miles deep. The USGS initially reported that the quake had registered a 4.2 magnitude, but later revised the estimate. Its epicenter was located about 15 miles east-southeast of Kokomo, and 50 miles north of Indianapolis.

No damage was immediately reported in Indianapolis, though some residents closer to the epicenter were surprised by the quake's intensity.

There was "a very loud boom," Sholty said. "We really felt it. ... It was like something hit the building from underneath. I actually felt an upward lift."

Laura Smith, who works at nearby Windmill Grill, told CNN she initially thought a truck had hit her building while trying to make a delivery.

"The whole building just shook," she said. "You could feel your body shaking."

"It was amazing," she added. "Personally, I thought it was exciting."

Jerry Fiscus, owner of Kokomo's Hair Care East salon, said the quake shook his building "pretty well," though nothing fell off the shelves.

"It was like a really big thunder strike," said Missy Dulmes, who was at home making breakfast at the time. "You could hear the silverware shake in the drawer and the table moved."

Dulmes said she was initially concerned that a water pipe had broken.

Few people contacted by CNN, however, reported being frightened by the incident, which is more commonly associated with west coast cities like Los Angeles than heartland towns like Kokomo.

"I'm over 50," Sholty said with a chuckle. "Nothing really frightens me anymore."

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 30, 2010 7:53 pm » by Zer0

Earthquakes all over the world where there usually hasnt been any...
And no damage to be reported...

What are those clowns doing?
Who are they trying to send the message to?
And what is the message?

There is also the possibility that it was merely a HAARP test.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 30, 2010 7:59 pm » by 99socks

This proves it. God hates people in Indiana.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 30, 2010 8:03 pm » by Zer0

99socks wrote:This proves it. God hates people in Indiana.

And black people. :flop:
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 30, 2010 8:21 pm » by Will69ease

As if a 4.2 was a big deal.

Initiate

PostThu Dec 30, 2010 8:55 pm » by 420rider

I live in fort wayne about 40 or 50 miles away from kokomo and I felt the earthquake a little. I remember about 5 or 6 years ago there was a earthquake in kokomo about 9 o'clock in the morning in spetember I think. That one got me out of bed real fast. so what did I do after that? Yep wake and bake