Informational Guests and etiquette

Conspirator

PostSun May 29, 2011 4:36 pm » by Shaggietrip

This ties with the James Horak visit.

I must say that I found errors on both sides . Even though James bailed out I believe it was the right thing to do at that time. It prevented things from getting to ugly. Having guests here is a great idea but we must remember one thing. The guests that are on here will be guests elsewhere. They will talk with others in there field and or at other forums. Leaving a bad taste in ones mouth may only cause them to say bad things about there experience. Which may lead to others not wanting to come here and take questions.
I believe that even though you may want to chew someones ass or say snide comments you should try not to. Believe me I know how passionate some here are and things will happen anyway. There should be some form of etiquette when dealing with "informational guests" [note: I did not use "special guest" for some may not agree with that]. Maybe there should be some sort of etiquette rules for bothsides in such threads. I know I may get shit for that saying it is censorship. But for Dtv to get guests and have them return, there must be something to keep such threads tolerable to both sides .

Thoughts from all on this will be great for Dtv mods to chew on for future discussions.

:cheers:
ImageImage[img]

Remember when a Harp was a good thing.

Super Moderator

PostSun May 29, 2011 4:37 pm » by Spock

Exactly Shaggie! :flop:

I can't believe it has to be spelled out for people.

Super Moderator

PostSun May 29, 2011 4:45 pm » by TheDuck

Just try not to swear or be too obnoxious would be a good start, I'm looking at you Spock :D

J/K J/K

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator

PostSun May 29, 2011 5:15 pm » by The57ironman

.......we're all " informational guests " here.....

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Conspirator

PostSun May 29, 2011 5:22 pm » by Giusdude

the57ironman wrote:.......we're all " informational guests " here.....

Well said brother.
But apparently, some are more "informed" than others....
as long as there's one idiot around wlling to believe bullshit, there will be a bullshitter

Initiate

PostSun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm » by Marburgkiss

its a group effort right?

site owners: should prepare everyone. Give some info, links.

presenter: should be greatful for the chance to share what they think to a captive crowd.

captive crowd: with notice and noing what is up before the event have no excuse to complaiin
forgive my spelling. I had a head injury.

Conspirator

PostSun May 29, 2011 6:14 pm » by Shaggietrip

giusdude wrote:

Well said brother.

I struggled with what word to use. Say what you will.

And ummm. Yes some are more informed than others. From one subject to the next. I am not saying everything that comes out of ones mouth no matter how informed or learned is factual. Hence debates and QandA's. For those whom may not have all the answers such as yourself.

ImageImage[img]

Conspirator

PostSun May 29, 2011 7:18 pm » by Giusdude

shaggietrip wrote:
giusdude wrote:

Well said brother.

I struggled with what word to use. Say what you will.

And ummm. Yes some are more informed than others. From one subject to the next. I am not saying everything that comes out of ones mouth no matter how informed or learned is factual. Hence debates and QandA's. For those whom may not have all the answers such as yourself.

i have absolutely no claim about having all the answers, my brother.
in this case, i don't even have all the questions because this "situation" is, IMO, so far fetched and unprovable that it does not involve me as deeply as others.
i am not debating mr. Horak knowledge. he has obviously spent a considerable amount of time on the subject. he has a very specific theory on said subject.
me, on the other hand, know nothing about it because i prefer to base my opinions on something more than pixelated pictures from millions of miles away.
he might be right, he might be wrong.
not the point.
saying "i'm out, let me know if any of you is smart enough to stimulate my intellect and i'll consider giving an answer" is rude.
royal guest or not.
marduk, you know i have tons of respect for you bro.
but mr. horak has insulted us all with this kind of exclamation.
as long as there's one idiot around wlling to believe bullshit, there will be a bullshitter

Conspirator

PostSun May 29, 2011 7:39 pm » by Shaggietrip

saying "i'm out, let me know if any of you is smart enough to stimulate my intellect and i'll consider giving an answer" is rude.

I do agree. That is one of the few statements [both sides] that did not need to be said IMO. Thank you for explaining your opinion a bit more.

We all throw sh$t out there now and then that we could have worded better. I do try to remember that opinions will vary and is better to voice mine through words that do not demean or threaten others. But sh%t does happen.

ImageImage[img]

Super Moderator

PostSun May 29, 2011 7:54 pm » by The57ironman

as much as i try to remain passion-filled.....i am also a lighthearted nutjob like a lot of us.....
i assure you ....i meant no disrespect to anyone with that statement.....
i do believe , we're all connected , my brothers and sisters....

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Next