intelligence and religion

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 11:29 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Hurtswhenipee wrote:
Fatdogmendoza wrote:Yeah you gotta be thick to believe in God, Yeah you gotta be thick not to believe in God...Very good question Eyezwideopen.... :flop:

Unrelated to post just want to say thanks to Fatdog for looking out for me. Your a good friend.

What did I do? :cheers:

You seemed very out of character :hugging:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Writer

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 am » by Eyezwideopen

Iwanci wrote:Intelligence is required in order to believe in religion.... (regardless of whether or not you agree in the religion or the belief, the act of believing requires intelligence).

Religion is not required for one to be intelligent.... (whether or not you agree on any definition of intelligence, you do not need to be religious to make a judgement on the level of intelligence)

So, you can intelligence without religion, but not religion without intelligence...

I gotta ask "Intelligence is required in order to believe in religion" did you really mean to say that?

does your argument hinge on semantics, such as an in ability to create such groups of people?
what group would you place your self in? if you answer, your a hypocrite. if you really believe that it is impossible to create these groups I wish you would have just said so from the beginning. because saying "you don't think these groups could be created, therefore any intelligent data collected from them would be flawed." is much easier to deal with then the babble ( I mean that in an endearing way ) that you have written.

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 am » by Evildweeb

There are some very intelligent folks in organized religion, just watch the telly....how many money grubbing evangelists there are on the set.

But as for intelligence level versus participation in an organized religion, well, we could be arguing this for another 1000 years.

Personally I am not gonna say that only a retard would go to church.

On the other hand, I also would not say that someone who can see over the bullshit will or will not go to church either.

Faith is individual - regardless of intelligence or any other statistical analysis. And as such cannot be considered in any form a constant - which negates the entire argument.

I will say though, I personally have no faith in organized religion - PERIOD.

Why not have faith in General Motors or General Dynamics - there is no difference.

And believe me, there are people who have undying faith in those organizations as well.

Did that answer the question or did it add to the confusion? LOL

Cheers

:cheers:

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 2:29 am » by Malogg

Note to . . .WW3 it s in yer head. . .The ole key called fear that locks away the freedom of yer shining soul. . .

What ya say protest? fit fkn protest aahaha? ya mean the one the gooberment covertly created to double dupe the self believed to be awakened. . .
Ya canni see the bonnie truth for the wanna be glam bending over yer ego. . .
So ya believe yer awakened to the scams they streak apon yer face. . .
There is truths and there is the truth, they aint the same. . .
Dribbling out yer mind like a bad curry out yer cake hole. . .

Religion is due respect, intelligence is to know when to shut the fck up. . .

Peace

Image :flop:

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 9:37 am » by Iwanci

media, I tells you that intelligence is in the eye of the beholder ... who is to say what constitutes 'intelligence' and above all what makes a person a genius or dumb? Is it a simple case of majority rules?

I mean, monkeys might be looking at ass whilst scratching their asses and thinking... 'boy those humans are dumb as fuck'.... and then again, aliens might be looking at us thinking.. 'those humans are too intelligent for their own good'.... or a god might looking at the monkey, the alien and the human and trying to tell them all apart...

so all a matter of perception imo... just so happens that most of us perceive it the same way... then again it may have something to do with the fact that our learning all stems from the same books...

who knows bro... as long as I can scratch my ass and chew gum at the same time... all good. :mrgreen:

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am » by Spock

Eyezwideopen wrote:I would like to pose a question to D.T.V. viewers.

Do you think that the more intelligent some one is, the less likely they will belong to an organized religion?.

my belief is that that the more intelligent you are, the more you believe in A "God" and the less you believe in any organized religion.

I don't really think this is the case, and I don't think it can easily be determined. Faith is based on personal experience, and everyone can have that.

Someone selling all out for an atheistic ultimate answer, void of the concept of a God, is just as intellectually inferior as a person of faith following an organizations assumptions as the end-all-be-all of ethics and reality.

To me, a truly enlightened person is the one that selflessly comes to the conclusion that we just "don't know". The camps of thought would either to fall on the side of faith, that there is a God, or agnosticism, that there is the possibility of a God - atheism, however, commands that there is no God

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 11:17 am » by Iwanci

Nice answer Spock... you say that to be truly enlightened one must come to the conclusion that we just don't know. By this definition the atheist has just as much intelligence or lack thereof of the faithful and the agnostic.

what do you think?
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 12:13 pm » by Spock

Iwanci wrote:Nice answer Spock... you say that to be truly enlightened one must come to the conclusion that we just don't know. By this definition the atheist has just as much intelligence or lack thereof of the faithful and the agnostic.

what do you think?

I don't think so. You notice I didn't include any sort of fundamentalism as an 'enlightened' position. Atheism is so much the antistasis of religious dogma, that it is a religious dogma in and of itself, with humanism replacing the God persona. Regardless of how cleverly the atheist themselves attempt to define their position, to everyone else, it's apparent they have an emotional bond to their 'god'.

A person can have faith in a God, not understanding the full spectrum of the mind of that god, as well as a person not having faith in a god, but not discounting the possibility of a god. These people have come to the conclusion that there are things we just can't answer. Where the atheist and fundamentalist both believe they have the ultimate answer.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 6:12 am » by Zer0

People who go to Universities are considered intelligent and usually drop religion, as they are indoctrinated to believe intelligence means regurgitating so called facts, when there is no truth. I met some of the smartst people, whom have never been in a Univesirty once. Religion opens up the imagination, it allows you to use your right brain more, and you need a balance of both the fact seeking left brain, and the imagination using rigth.

NAMASTE
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Previous