Iran jails U.S. journalist to 8 years

Master Conspirator

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 12:32 am » by Cornbread714

spock wrote:I can totally understand the reason for the jokes. People are always happy to cut Christians and Jews to the core, but when someone says ANYTHING about Islam - the biggest threat to civilization, they are considered intolerant racists.

I think the court ruling in Iran shows the real story. Anyone that thinks Iranian and Islamic religious law is tolerant and just has their head in the sand.

I don't mind anybody being anti-anything, just please be original and thoughtful.
I love non-politically correct humor, but there is a line for me, not a line concerning bad taste or which religion or culture is concerned, it's more about conscious awareness of what's being said.
When it feels like a comment from the heart, like your post, Spock, I give it a little more credence, even when I don't agree (don't get me wrong, I, personally, would rather not live under Sharia law).
When it's just pasting in a bunch of tasteless jokes, I call it ignorance, which is the breeding ground of racism, and other ugly phenomena...
Just sayin' :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 12:41 am » by bugmenot

dont critise islam that freindly peaceful religion. people might get offended. if you want intolerent just look to the muslims.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 am » by Towelie

I dont realy care what anyone thinks of me for this, but i found them quite funny, and i didnt think they were any more rascist than any other joke, hell most of the jokes i know are sexist, racist or something ist, id never heard/read em before an found em amusing - aslong as things like it dont become the norm here i dont realy see a problem.

PS. Id love to hear any Englishman jokes anyones got.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 am » by Cornbread714

bugmenot wrote:dont critise islam that freindly peaceful religion. people might get offended. if you want intolerent just look to the muslims.

Now, THAT'S funny :sunny:

I guess I just don't like the dead Muslim baby jokes. There's been too many dead Muslim babies lately that weren't the Muslim's fault.
I don't hear too many jokes around here about dead baby Christians or dead baby Jews, you know what I'm sayin? :?:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 12:52 am » by Spock

cornbread714 wrote:I don't mind anybody being anti-anything, just please be original and thoughtful.
I love non-politically correct humor, but there is a line for me, not a line concerning bad taste or which religion or culture is concerned, it's more about conscious awareness of what's being said...

I understand totally - my post wasn't directed at you personally at all, it was directed point blank - BULLSEYE - at zaff4444. who said...

zaff4444 wrote:Well done,just goes to show theres racists members on this site,guess the mods approve.

I laughed at the jokes - cause I've never heard them. Hell, I even emailed them to my friends.

And I want to say that as far as racist members on this site - "YES ZAFF4444" WE APPROVE OF YOU!

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 19, 2009 12:55 am » by Spock

cornbread714 wrote:I guess I just don't like the dead Muslim baby jokes. There's been too many dead Muslim babies lately that weren't the Muslim's fault.
I don't hear too many jokes around here about dead baby Christians or dead baby Jews, you know what I'm sayin? :?:

Yes, you're right on that, I can feel the heart strings. There should never be any dead babies - "DO YOU HEAR THAT NANCY PELOSI AND PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!!"

Previous