Iran test launches satellite rocket

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 03, 2010 12:43 pm » by Nickelson

Iran has successfully test launched a satellite rocket, state media have reported.

Upload to Disclose.tv

The reports said the rocket was a Kavoshgar 3 satellite carrier with an "experimental capsule" that carried a rat, turtle and worms.

BBC Tehran correspondent Jon Leyne says it will raise concern about Iran's growing rocket technology and possible links to its nuclear programme.

Iranian television showed the rocket being fired from a desert launch pad.

Later, the capsule was seen detaching and spinning into orbit.

The Iranian Aerospace Organisation (IAO) said the capsule included a mini-laboratory and a video camera to enable "further studies on the biological capsule", Iran's Press TV reported.

Experiments

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was also shown unveiling another Iranian-made satellite rocket, called the Simorgh.

"It is a great job that living organisms can be sent into space, we do experiments on them and they return to Earth," he said.

"We are going to send a satellite 500km (310 miles) up. The next steps are 700 and 1,000km (435 and 620 miles). Everyone knows that reaching the 1,000km orbit allows you to reach all orbits."

The rocket launch came as Iran marked Space Technology Day as part of celebrations marking the 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

The West fears Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles to carry them, but Iran has denied this.

Earlier, President Ahmadinejad said his country was ready to send low enriched uranium abroad in exchange for higher grade nuclear fuel.

Correspondents say that such a decision would be a major shift in Tehran's position.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8494894.stm

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 03, 2010 2:06 pm » by Nickelson

Earlier, President Ahmadinejad said his country was ready to send low enriched uranium abroad in exchange for higher grade nuclear fuel.

And to whom are they willing te exchange their low enriched uranium I wonder? :headscratch:

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 03, 2010 2:13 pm » by Lowsix

nickelson wrote:

And to whom are they willing te exchange their low enriched uranium I wonder? :headscratch:

Thats a pretty telling admission.
That they are willing enough to make the international community happy by doing this to me says a little about who is doing what to accept the diplomatic route to solving the nuclear dilemma.

Russia has already volunteered to do this work for them, but instead of instant trade delivery, the processing will take 3-4 months per trade.

And damn..lol

The First Iranian astronauts, were Rats and Worms...and a turtle?

Thats damn funny..dont care who y'are...
g'bless them pygmies down in papua new guinea..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 03, 2010 3:29 pm » by Nickelson

LowSix wrote:
nickelson wrote:

Thats a pretty telling admission.
That they are willing enough to make the international community happy by doing this to me says a little about who is doing what to accept the diplomatic route to solving the nuclear dilemma.

Russia has already volunteered to do this work for them, but instead of instant trade delivery, the processing will take 3-4 months per trade.

And damn..lol

The First Iranian astronauts, were Rats and Worms...and a turtle?

Thats damn funny..dont care who y'are...
g'bless them pygmies down in papua new guinea..

And why would that take 3 - 4 months, because of regulations I am guessing?

When Iran is willing to exchange their uranium for nuclear fuel tells me rats ass (shot into space :lol: ) That doesn't mean they are willing to solve the nuclear issue. They're just admitting.

That turtle definitely will come back as Ninja Turtle from space, JIHAA!