Iraq insurgents 'hack into video feeds from US drones'

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 17, 2009 8:13 pm » by bugmenot

Iraq insurgents 'hack into live video feeds from US drones' :lol: :peep: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 419147.stm

US DRONE

Upload to Disclose.tv

Insurgents in Iraq have hacked into live video feeds from unmanned American drone aircraft, US media reports say.

Shia fighters are said to have used off-the-shelf software programs such as SkyGrabber to capture the footage.

The hacking was possible because the remotely flown planes have an unprotected communications link.

Obtaining such video feeds could provide insurgents with information about sites the military might be planning to target.

The breach of the Pentagon surveillance system's security is said to have come to light when footage shot by a Predator drone was found on the laptop of an apprehended Iraqi insurgent.

A senior Pentagon official is quoted as saying that although militants were able to view the video, there was no evidence that they were able to jam electronic signals from the aircraft or take control of them.

The unnamed official said the US defence department had addressed the issue by working to encrypt all video feeds provided by drones in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Predator drones can fly for several hours, remotely controlled by pilots thousands of miles away. The aircraft can carry out surveillance and attack targets with on-board missiles.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said the US military continually evaluated the technologies it used and quickly corrected any potential problems it discovered.

"There's potential vulnerabilities in all of our systems," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 419147.stm :lol: :peep:

Initiate

PostThu Dec 17, 2009 8:43 pm » by Govtslave

You have got to be kidding me. :bang; I wonder how many billions of dollars we paid for that......and how many more billions it will cost to fix it :think:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 18, 2009 1:14 am » by Aragajag

I can see the boys back at base going "drone is not responding to attack commands, orrifcer bring it back home then and we can check it out" "sir not responding to any commands now, shit sir weapons are hot and pointed at this location'
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostFri Dec 18, 2009 1:18 am » by Savwafair2012

Come on these pathetic dessert fuck's couldn't do that shit with out a major player helping them.
Go on i give you one guess> :mrgreen:
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 18, 2009 1:45 am » by Proto

savwafair2012 wrote:Come on these pathetic dessert fuck's couldn't do that shit with out a major player helping them.
Go on i give you one guess> :mrgreen:

i actually think that this kind of attitude:" what those cave dwellers know"
is exactly what caused this vulnerability in the first place ,imo that's a mistake, people are people,some are just as smart or just as dumb as any of us.
never underestimate your enemy .

i wonder what will happen if one day they will learn to disrupt GPS communication ,
that would be a disaster to any modern army ,as far as i know most of the modern weapon systems these days relay on it .

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 8:50 pm » by -Marduk-

Iranian troops have entered southern Iraqi territory and taken control of an oil well, reports say.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8420774.stm
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 pm » by -Marduk-

concrete wrote:Yes. They have.

Uncanny that both Iran and Iraq are both saying that it didnt happen.

Look it up.
Really!

Did only lil press in the western world
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-