Is being a single something new?

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

In a recent post with almost the same name the question on gays was raised and still is being discussed. The thread reveals a big variety of perceptions, fears and beliefs thus not being apart from the avarage opinion of a citizen in modern societies, I assume.

The ways of discussing the topic is really strongly dependent on own experiences someone has made with gay persons in his life and family. Obviously there has been a kind of risen tolerance and willingness to accept gay positions.

Nonetheless there is still a great deal in quoting biblical references. This has nothing to do whether this is wrong or valid - it tells nothing on the hermeneutics (the art of understanding) of the cited texts.

A strong argument seems the question on how you would decide if your kid is gay - would you still love your child? Would you really go the way of breaking up?

I remember the very controversal movie "Rosemary`s Baby" (I once had a thread of it, see rosemary-s-baby-the-love-of-a-mother-for-her-child-t32799.html?hilit=Rosemary%60s%20Baby). At least the message is: even having a kid from Satan a mother`s love is stronger than everything else. Isn`t that supposed to be the way love goes? What is wrong with this?

I don`t know whether you ever heard of a branch of Buddhism. In there love and empathy is considered the most important thing in such way as it is said: if you can not go to heaven, I will go neither, if I can be redeemed and not you, I will not be redeemed and will wait for you...

I will not ask now, what is more important - a scripture quote or a living life with blood, bones and a face? I know of difficulties people have with divine spriptures and the art of implementing them in daily life. And I know of difficulties in reading old texts in synchronic and diachrononic ways (please read here http://www.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/ ... 008_BE.pdf).

I want to go a step further and ask: Why is there only and constantly a reference to the alternative gay and hetero? Fact is, almost nobody is referring to the status of being a single person.

So what is "normal"? If you don`t like to say "gay, you probably say hetero or hetero marriage. And what is with singles? Is such status "normal"? Fact is also a not underestimated number of many single households having a big influence in our modern societies. The absence of fathers and single parents instead is a big thing, together with low birth rates for instance in the leading European countries it is threatening the future of surviving. But have a look for yourself here:

http://www.unmarried.org/statistics.html

Is being a single something new? Probably yes to a certain extend. There are different reasons single persons in former times had hard times: social nets, low life age ( 200 years ago the avarage age was not more than 40!), hierarchy of society, to name something...
Read here on ancient Rome and Greece:

http://www.datehookup.com/content-the-l ... d-rome.htm

I think, we must consider all aspects of a life more carefully and with low prejudice. If we condemn gays, so why not singles too? And if it comes to religion: isn`t love the biggest thing ever (1 Cor 13)?

I ask for gentle consideration...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 3:25 pm » by Malogg

Alone is good for me as I have wasted the best part of my life with relationships

35 and free no cowbag has a leash around my neck.

Was thinking of Ex's that have tried to tie me down in life when I wrote this.

I love to live my life more now that I am free.
Last edited by Malogg on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image :flop:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 3:26 pm » by Zer0

Refer to this thread for answers:
is-being-gay-something-new-t54486.html
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 3:29 pm » by Rebellfoxx

otoel you forgot to quote some mundane scriptures tsk!
The Man who regards his own life and those of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate, but almost disqualified from Life...A.E

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 3:34 pm » by Zer0

rebellfoxx wrote:otoel you forgot to quote some mundane scriptures tsk!

Woops sorry I just woke up so my game is kinda weak...

Ill give you some scriptures:

1 Corinthians 7:1-40
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. ...

Matthew 19:4-6
He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Praise the Lord.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 pm » by Rebellfoxx

Jesus was my past life fuk bud HAHAHAHA
The Man who regards his own life and those of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate, but almost disqualified from Life...A.E

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 3:44 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Here an example - Germany Population 2050 (watch the birth tree at the beginning):

http://www.destatis.de/jetspeed/portal/ ... y=file.pdf
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 4:06 pm » by Spock

The best way to think of how Christians should consider gays, is the way Jesus interacted with lepers. To say that gay is normal is not true. To say it is natural to some, may be right, insomuch as autism, diabetes and other abnormalities are considered natural but not optimal.

Should it be demonized? No. Should there be compassion towards it? Yes.

But the flamboyant queen lifestyle is subculture that if any self respecting gay truly would like to be thought of as normal, should avoid.

Nobody wants to look at guy in a pink thong in a parade celebrating gay sex and demanding respect.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 4:07 pm » by Zer0

spock wrote:The best way to think of how Christians should consider gays, is the way Jesus interacted with lepers. To say that gay is normal is not true. To say it is natural to some, may be right, insomuch as autism, diabetes and other abnormalities are considered natural but not optimal.

Should it be demonized? No. Should there be compassion towards it? Yes.

But the flamboyant queen lifestyle is subculture that if any self respecting gay truly would like to be thought of as normal, should avoid.

Nobody wants to look at guy in a pink thong in a parade celebrating gay sex and demanding respect.

Speaking of which... its "pride day" in Toronto today... thanks for reminding me Spock, I will make sure not to go downtown today....

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 03, 2011 4:13 pm » by Spock

You and your girlfriend walk down the street, in your underwear, dry humping each other and see how long before you get thrown in a paddy wagon.

But on Pride Day - it will be overlooked. Considered okay and accepting. "Enlightened".

Next