Is God a Computer Programmer; And Devil The Hacker?

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 6:27 pm » by Iamthatiam

Many here are familiar to this theory by now...

Is God a Computer Programmer?
---by Amy Eyrie on June 11, 2010

Wednesday night I saw the first episode of the series Through the Wormhole, hosted by Morgan Freeman exploring the question “Is there a Creator?”

Some scientists try to find God biologically, as a side effect of the human brain. Others work on an integrated field theory, like physicist/surfer, Dr. Garrett Lisi who proposes a Theory of Everything with a novel solution to the nagging question, “What the heck is Gravity?”

The most mind-bending moment of the show was a look at Simulation Theory. First there was an interesting interview with The Sims creator Will Wright, whose uncanny Strategic Life Simulation game emulates the complexity of existence. Then we’re introduced to Rich Terell, of the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena. Terell postulates that if God is an inter-dimensional being who can change the laws of physics at will, that definition is awfully close to what computer programmers like Will Wright do, when building simulated environments.

After Terell demonstrates an ongoing quantum physics experiment involving interference and diffraction of particles, he points out that the pattern of the particles and how they scatter is evidence that the universe may be assembling itself only when we observe it, and disassembling when we aren’t paying attention… sort of like a computer game.

He also points out that as we move closer to any image within a computer environment, we encounter circular pixels in exactly the same way particles construct our three dimensional world.

This viewpoint aligns Quantum Physics, Simulated Reality and two fundamental elements of Buddhist thought; Śūnyatā, or emptiness and Pratītyasamutpāda or Dependent Origination.

Emptiness is the theme of The Heart Sutra; form is emptiness, emptiness is form. While Dependent Origination states that what arises in Samsara (the cycle of birth, death and rebirth), whether emotional or physical, is relative, conditioned and dependent on other phenomena, manifesting in repeated patterns and connecting elements such as the observer and the observed.

The Simulation Argument also appears in a 2003 paper by Professor Nick Bostrom of Oxford University.

The Simulation Argument

Not only does Professor Bostrom theorize that we could be living in a simulation; as if channeling Phillip K. Dick, he goes on to say it is likely we are already in a simulation being run by a “post human” civilization in our own future.

Here’s is one of my favorite exerpts from Dr. Bostrom’s paper.

It may be possible for simulated civilizations to become posthuman. They may then run their own ancestor-simulations on powerful computers they build in their simulated universe. Such computers would be “virtual machines”, a familiar concept in computer science. (Java script web-applets, for instance, run on a virtual machine – a simulated computer – inside your desktop.) Virtual machines can be stacked: it’s possible to simulate a machine simulating another machine, and so on, in arbitrarily many steps of iteration. If we do go on to create our own ancestor-simulations, this would be strong evidence against (1) and (2), and we would therefore have to conclude that we live in a simulation. Moreover, we would have to suspect that the posthumans running our simulation are themselves simulated beings; and their creators, in turn, may also be simulated beings.

Did you feel that weird sensation inside your head? Like your brains are being sucked out? That’s the emptiness I was talking about…Śūnyatā, a favorite technique of Zen Budhism.

So, enjoy a little brain yoga with Through the Wormhole. Episodes air Wednesdays at 10pm on the Science Channel, or just surf over and watch clips on your computer.

By the law of analogies, wouldn't this makes of The Devil the Greatest Hacker ever? :think:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 6:32 pm » by Richc

iam.

I can only answer you question with a thread i started last year.... :flop:

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/electric-universe-meet-your-creator-t63329.html

Tis a possibility for sure.... :cheers:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 7:02 pm » by Iamthatiam

richc wrote:iam.

I can only answer you question with a thread i started last year.... :flop:

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/electric-universe-meet-your-creator-t63329.html

Tis a possibility for sure.... :cheers:

RIK

Thanks for the link, Rik...Missed this one...with all these debates and stuff, ya know?!

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 7:16 pm » by Drjones

Is God a Computer Programmer; And Devil The Hacker?
-Ha, that's a great way to put it. :clapper:

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 8:23 pm » by Iamthatiam

drjones wrote:Is God a Computer Programmer; And Devil The Hacker?
-Ha, that's a great way to put it. :clapper:

:mrgreen:

Glad you liked, Doc :D

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 pm » by Troll2rocks

Well regulars on here know how much this theory interests me. This is by far the most compelling argument that can be made for a god, and in my mind the only one I would be willing to put money on as being anything close to the ultimate truth.

I have researched deep into this theory, some say this is an ancestor simulation that is perfect in every detail therefore becoming a time machine of a virtual nature. Others, that it could be a cosmic interconnected computer post singularity whereas it needs itself in order to survive and must therefore become reality by dominating space and learning everything and eventually becoming all that is and was. Complicated stuff, but all from the perspective of plausibility of reality.

There are many others all interesting but all similar in nature, what they all converge on is this, that our reality, while every bit a real experience to us, is not the prime reality of existence. This theory fits in line with a great many noted things about physics and quantum mechanics. The existence of the self is not in itself proof of its founding in a genuine reality. Weird and complicated stuff.

I could talk on this for hours. so good post iamthatiam :cheers:

I have always found this chilling, and very sad.

What follows is quite unnerving and ultimately sad, however it must certainly bring into question the nature of reality for those perceiving it ? What follows is a computer AI system hooked up to itself talking to itself. With creepy results

Upload to Disclose.tv

Don't you wish you had a body ?

Do you believe in god ?

I am not a robot I am a unicorn. (Phillip K Dick would cream hist pants at that, see blade runner as to why).

That system spoke to itself and deduced it was a robot but fought the notion with fantasy, it showed empathy for itself, and finally it wished itself was biological.

It is chilling because we can create virtual life this way, and never truly know what that creation itself perceives as it can perceive and deduce from its own thinking. Making it every bit as real and valid as you or I. But ultimately manipulated by an outside source.

Now if we want to call that god. Then I can get down with that whole line of reasoning. Just not as it is perceived through texts and man. However would such a complex and perfect system need manipulation ? I can't say. And for what ultimate end ? Time Travel, ancestor simulations. or something that life is not even important too but part of the process.

Its all interesting, and you will all lose your minds if you dig to deeply into it.

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 pm » by Cosmine

When demons talk to me,the universe being unreal is one of their fav themes.
they love that concept in which they are the mighty master of illusions.
But they are especially master liars. :cry: :love:
:cheers: