Is it even possible for an already born human to evolve?

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 am » by Cornbread714

daemonfoe wrote:Evolution doesn't work that way. The offspring are born slightly randomly mutated, then survival of the fittest takes over. The offspring that survive long enough to bear their own offspring carry on their randomly mutated genes to their children.

If humans were to evolve (over time) they would evolve to survive in their culture. Ask yourself what traits help humans survive long enough to bear offspring.

#1 Have unprotected sex and pop out as many babies as possible as soon as possible.

Humans are bound to evolve into a less intelligent race.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 am » by Pdiddy23

Well, IMO, there are two or three different types of evolution, Mental, Physical, Dimentional... and probably more. Mentally I feel an already born human can evolve Drastically in a lifetime. Physically, we would need something to happen (i.e. DNA activation) to notice a change. And as everyone said already, that is not an overnight change either. Takes time and comittment. So yeah, once we understand what our minds and bodies are capable of, we will be able to evolve at a higher rate for sure. Hope that makes sense

Initiate

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 7:20 am » by Cambay411

Imsure it can prolly happen for example if a pig on a farm escaped to the wild then within like a week it starts growin long tusks and longer/darker hair and all kinds of stuff.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am » by Daemonfoe

cambay411 wrote:Imsure it can prolly happen for example if a pig on a farm escaped to the wild then within like a week it starts growin long tusks and longer/darker hair and all kinds of stuff.

.... No. If anything even remotely close to that happened it would be due to a chemical imbalance caused from lack of nutrients or other in the pigs daily meal at the farm.

Hair color might change from diet, but I'm not a doctor, but I can say for sure tusks would not grow on the same pig that was in the farm.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 7:40 am » by Daemonfoe

cornbread714 wrote:
daemonfoe wrote:Evolution doesn't work that way. The offspring are born slightly randomly mutated, then survival of the fittest takes over. The offspring that survive long enough to bear their own offspring carry on their randomly mutated genes to their children.

If humans were to evolve (over time) they would evolve to survive in their culture. Ask yourself what traits help humans survive long enough to bear offspring.

#1 Have unprotected sex and pop out as many babies as possible as soon as possible.

Humans are bound to evolve into a less intelligent race.

Upload to Disclose.tv

exactly

Soon Sarah Palin will be president, then it's only a matter of time from there when we will get a Professional Wrestler as our next president. Maybe even Arnold Schwarzenegger. Shoot he's already a governor, why not a president?
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Initiate

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 am » by Alwaysincontrol

Its already been proven that our DNA changes with certain frequencies and is damaged from emotional traumatic events. It has also been studied and the studies continue that our DNA repairs itself when we experience the emotion known as "Grateful". If you want cites I dont have the time to do the research but I know its out there b/c I've read the article in a medical journal and listened to the interview. Yes we can evolve we can also regress the question is by how much and in what way? Spiritually, emotionally, physically.
"It is done, now my eggs need nourishment" - Anna

Previous