Is it ok to let a five year old play outside after 7:30

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 pm » by 99socks

Richc wrote:Name the movie...

"you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father. " ( or Mother of course. )

RIK

Keanu Reeves in Parenthood! :cheers:

(and no, Google did not give me the answer. I had an insane crush on Joaquin Phoenix (Leaf Phoenix) when I was a kid, and had his movies on VHS. lol)
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 7:55 pm » by domdabears

My son is 5 and he's too scared to play outside by himself. He plays with his 10 year old brother when he's outside. (or me or mom).

They play in our backyard. It is completely surrounded by a privacy fence. The fence is about 6 feet tall all the way around.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm » by Poooooot

Richc wrote:
Poooooot wrote:
Richc wrote:Name the movie...

"you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father. " ( or Mother of course. )

RIK

Parenthood! :flop:

Admitt it.. Google told you the answer didn't it. :lol:

RIK

No I actually caught some of it a few months ago when hanging out at my in-law's house. :lol:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Initiate

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 pm » by Alternateworld

I live not too far from where this happened and my eldest daughter is 5 so it's given me plenty of pause for thought.

We're lucky, in that we have enough private garden for our kids to play in safety, that said they still wouldnt be out at 7.30pm, that's bedtime ffs!

I dont care how safe the area you live in is perceived to be, at 5yrs old they need supervision, espesially a child of 5 with cerebal palsy! I know the parents must be going thru hell but i can't help thinking if that was my kid i'd be mad as hell too - AT MYSELF for allowing this situation to occur in the first place!

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Bandanko wrote:I use to play outside till it got too dark to see, be that 6pm or 10pm when I was a young lad

Why was it safer in the 70's/80's than it is nowadays?

Yeh and you did not need a helmet to ride a bike. Jets left contrails NOT chemtrails! :o
ImageImage
9/11 was an inside job! Question everything.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 10:32 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Hurtswhenipee wrote:
Bandanko wrote:I use to play outside till it got too dark to see, be that 6pm or 10pm when I was a young lad

Why was it safer in the 70's/80's than it is nowadays?

Yeh and you did not need a helmet to ride a bike. Jets left contrails NOT chemtrails! :o

And teachers could be perverted sadists dishing out corporal punishment to kids backsides all in the cause of discipline...I dont mean all discipline and I dont mean all teachers...Child abuse was much easier to practice those days under the guise of many other covers. people tend to be more vigilant and aware now days..

Fucking nonces, male and female... :shooting:

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 11:58 am » by Iwanci

Yes it is ok to let your 5 year old child play outside after 7:30. What's wrong with that?

The real issues lie not in a child playing outside, rather, the supervision that is required regardless of the time of day. There have always been risks outside (and inside), these days the risks are accentuated by perverts, paedophiles and people who play out their every ill-conceived thought.. so the risks have been magnified. It follows that supervision needs to be magnified. Unfortunately, from what I have personally witnessed, some people are either ignorant (deliberately or otherwise) or blasé about their children's safety.

So when did supervision of children become non important? I hear stories of children drowning in pools, children being abducted, children being molested, children being attacked by dogs, children being run over by cars, etc, all the whilst I ask.. ‘where were the parents?’ in many cases (not all obviously) the parents are distracted or no where around the child. Sure, accidents do happen and no matter who is around sometimes things will go sour, but in the vast majority of cases the parents are oblivious until the damage is done.

Should children play outside after 7:30? Why not? The real question is where is the supervision required to limit the harm should the child come across some ill fate? Even playing inside, a 5 year old needs supervision, I have a 5 year old and I am always aware of her movements and vigilant of the harms that may manifest, always trying to think one step ahead.. too far? obsessive? You can never be to careful with children.

As for people who prey on children, who said the death penalty has been abolished? The law? No amount of words written or otherwise will ever stop a parent from seaking retribution against the vile and repulsive behaviour of predators... Hurt a child and your right to life is revoked! Law? Rights? What law?
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Previous