Is it ok to let a five year old play outside after 7:30

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm » by Noentry

Murder arrest over missing April

The man held for the past three days over the disappearance of five-year-old April Jones has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19843337

Upload to Disclose.tv

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:02 pm » by Poooooot

I wouldn't let my son play outside unattended until he was about eight years old(ish), but it's not fair to blame the parents for something like this. Maybe they live in a super-safe area. You don't really know the details. But this story is so incredibly sad. It breaks my heart. :(
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:39 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Poooooot wrote:I wouldn't let my son play outside unattended until he was about eight years old(ish), but it's not fair to blame the parents for something like this. Maybe they live in a super-safe area. You don't really know the details. But this story is so incredibly sad. It breaks my heart. :(

What is a supersafe area, an area where kids are safe until something happens? :think:

It is incredibly sad.....I cannot agree more

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 pm » by Poooooot

Fatdogmendoza wrote:
Poooooot wrote:I wouldn't let my son play outside unattended until he was about eight years old(ish), but it's not fair to blame the parents for something like this. Maybe they live in a super-safe area. You don't really know the details. But this story is so incredibly sad. It breaks my heart. :(

What is a supersafe area, an area where kids are safe until something happens? :think:

It is incredibly sad.....I cannot agree more

Well, true. I was thinking something like a gated community (which I guess isn't all that safe, RIP Trayvon), but you're right.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 pm » by Spock

Reminds me of an instance that happened around 16 years ago.

I was washing dishes one evening and through the window above the sink I had a great view of our street. This particular time I noticed a little toddler, no more than 2 years old, toddling all happy down the street, arms swinging in the air and NO ADULT SUPERVISION!

My heart sank and I distinctly remember thinking to myself; "what kind of idiot would let their baby run down the road unattended like that???!!!"

It was at that moment that I noticed and said to myself; "Wait a damn second, THAT'S MY BABY!"

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm » by Poooooot

Spock wrote:Reminds me of an instance that happened around 16 years ago.

I was washing dishes one evening and through the window above the sink I had a great view of our street. This particular time I noticed a little toddler, no more than 2 years old, toddling all happy down the street, arms swinging in the air and NO ADULT SUPERVISION!

My heart sank and I distinctly remember thinking to myself; "what kind of idiot would let their baby run down the road unattended like that???!!!"

It was at that moment that I noticed and said to myself; "Wait a damn second, THAT'S MY BABY!"

Oh shit. lol. Not sure if you're joking or not, but that made me laugh.

One time I left our toddler in the living room for THIRTY SECONDS so I could go pee, and I came back in the room and lil dude was on the front porch. I about lost my damn mind. That screen door is locked 24/7 now. haha
Matthew 7

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm » by Spock

No - that's a true story. I had not put the chain latch on the front door, and he made a break for it.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm » by Cornbread714

Spock wrote:Reminds me of an instance that happened around 16 years ago.

Ah, the good old vodka days, eh Spock? :alien51:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm » by Poooooot

Spock wrote:No - that's a true story. I had not put the chain latch on the front door, and he made a break for it.

Little ones are like little Houdinis! Don't worry, Spock. I feel your pain. But your story is much more entertaining than mine. :lol:
Matthew 7

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:59 pm » by Malogg

Noentry wrote:Murder arrest over missing April

The man held for the past three days over the disappearance of five-year-old April Jones has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19843337

Upload to Disclose.tv

No but I tell ya something stinks about this , Aprils parents were at parents evening and whoever took April may well have known this pre hand .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... 4317921001

http://news.sky.com/story/992056/april- ... cond-night

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19809379

HAHA Image

Next