Is Overpopulation our greatest threat.

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 2:51 am » by Darrylmckay

I have heard many people talking recenty about swine flu and various other things being conspiracies to lower the worlds population, I really believe that overpopulation is the greatet threat we face at the moment.

The GM food debate continues, but really isnt the introduction of GM foods and intensive feed lot farming a response to our ever increasing populations demand for food.
Now I dont agree with GM foods and I certainly detest intensive feed lot animal farms.
The genetic modification to crops and the feeding of animals with drugs poses a serious threat to us.
However what other choice is there, given the increasing demands for food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

With the worlds poulation expected to reach 9 billion in the next 25 years, are we heading for a global meltdown.
This small planet cannot sustain this amount of people.

The current debates surrounding climate change, GM foods, the loss of the natural enviorment, the energy crisis all come back to one thing. Too many people.

ENERGY.
The enviromentalists will have us believe that the worlds energy problems can be solved by using bio fuels.
However where are these fuels going to come from.
The current situation in Paraguay exposes the bio fuel production as a farce that will eventually lead to the loss of all the remaining natural habitats in south america.

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=39972

Using sugar cane to make ethanol poses a greater risk to the amazon rainforrest than logging ever could.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4715332.stm

The same thing can be said of corn.

http://healthandenergy.com/ethanol.htm

What happens to food production when all our crops,corn,soya and sugar is directed towards ethanol production. Not only that but when farmlands are converted from producing wheat and other food products to produce ehtanol crops, our food supplies diminish again.

We live in an unsustainable world, the crunch is coming and I believe its already too late to avoid it.

I hate to make a Si Fi movie analogy but I think Soylent Green provides a very accurate picture of our future.
Over populated and hungry.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08Gs77rRalA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08Gs77rRalA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 am » by TheDuck

Free energy would pretty much sort the problem out...
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 am » by Lowsix

Ok,and to address the NWO problem..and implications.
Since they are implicated as being the 'Evil Demon' From above...not having humanities interest at heart...

You are now President of the EU, and somehow miraculously the President of the UN.

A world Class panel of indisoutalbe scientists come to you with a problem.
They have mathmatically proven that the world cannot be sustained at the pace we are consuming resources and pollution.

We will enter into an Apocalyptic NIGHTMARE BY 2020 if a solution is not implemented. War, Famine, Pestilence, And Food shortages and water shortages..

What is YOUR solution?
And are you evil for implementing it?
How do you decide who lives and dies?
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 3:33 am » by Darrylmckay

LowSix wrote:What is YOUR solution?

Im not really sure we need a solution from above, maybe nature and our genetic experiments will take care of it.
I really believe that a global pandemic will come and kill billions, wheather this is caused by a natural disease mutating or a disaese created out of our own intesive farming techniques is impossible to say. But it will come.

As I have said before, we will get no warning, the first time you notice it will be when half your neighbours are dead when you wake up.

By the way, swine flu aint it.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 3:52 am » by TheDuck

LowSix wrote:Ok,and to address the NWO problem..and implications.
Since they are implicated as being the 'Evil Demon' From above...not having humanities interest at heart...

You are now President of the EU, and somehow miraculously the President of the UN.

A world Class panel of indisoutalbe scientists come to you with a problem.
They have mathmatically proven that the world cannot be sustained at the pace we are consuming resources and pollution.

We will enter into an Apocalyptic NIGHTMARE BY 2020 if a solution is not implemented. War, Famine, Pestilence, And Food shortages and water shortages..

What is YOUR solution?

They would be evil as they know full well wars and famines etc.. would be limited if there wasn't such a 'scurry' for resource's, they know it is mathematically proven there is enough space worldwide to give each person an allotted piece of land, they could live with 'free energy' grow there own food tend to their own livestock and there would still be plenty of land left over, people could still work in other industry's as the old ways got sort of phased out to make way for new ways. Things would evolve we may even go into space as our funds could go to useful things instead of BS wars, disease's could be actually cured, with things such as rife work etc.. grow food even in the dessert get water in the desert, with 'free energy', even live in the Arctic and have warmth and even grow food etc....it would be a great place, wishful thinking though, but you have to want it or it will definitely never happen no matter how improbable unless people long for the idea it cannot and will not ever come to fruition.
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 am » by Darrylmckay

theduck wrote:They would be evil as they know full well wars and famines etc.. would be limited if there wasn't such a 'scurry' for resource's, they know it is mathematically proven there is enough space worldwide to give each person an allotted piece of land, they could live with 'free energy' grow there own food tend to their own livestock and there would still be plenty of land left over, people could still work in other industry's as the old ways got sort of phased out to make way for new ways. Things would evolve we may even go into space as our funds could go to useful things instead of BS wars, disease's could be actually cured, with things such as rife work etc.. grow food even in the dessert get water in the desert, with 'free energy', even live in the Arctic and have warmth and even grow food etc....it would be a great place, wishful thinking though, but you have to want it or it will definitely never happen no matter how improbable unless people long for the idea it cannot and will not ever come to fruition.

Nice sentiments Duck, but I still believe, barring a disaster that wipes out half the people on the planet, we are pretty much fucked.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 4:11 am » by Lowsix

lol DO you know what the population would be if we didnt have all the wars over the centuries that killed off so many people?

We'd be nearing 16 BILLION...
Hows that for the Winning Effects of Peace and Love..??
hahahaa
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 am » by Newearthman

It's not over population, it's a result of poor management and poor leadership! :top:

Initiate

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 4:21 am » by Strider

I think that the real problem is the lack of education and the lack of birth control. This can be imposed by poverty (can't afford them) or by interpretations of religion that lack a sensible world view. When the "Go forth and multiply" pronouncement was made, the world was a very different place...

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 4:25 am » by Lowsix

None of you weenies are answering hte question.

wussies.

Next