Is Qur'an a miracle?

Writer

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 am » by Sumonht1990

Is Qur'an a Miracle? How a book can be Miracle?

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 8:44 am » by Iwanci

No, its a fantasy novel just like all other religious texts, the bible included...

Sorry written by man, to be read by man for use by man... there is no miracle in what men do, just a whole heap of 'non understanding' and wishful thinking..

Take whatever makes you happy from it, then trash the rest... just like reading a Harry Potter book really, good guys vs bad guys, good vs evil, the righteous over the unholy, etc etc.. lessons learnt can be summed up into one thing.. be a good person. End of story....

:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 am » by Slith

iwanci wrote:No, its a fantasy novel just like all other religious texts, the bible included...

Sorry written by man, to be read by man for use by man... there is no miracle in what men do, just a whole heap of 'non understanding' and wishful thinking..

Take whatever makes you happy from it, then trash the rest... just like reading a Harry Potter book really, good guys vs bad guys, good vs evil, the righteous over the unholy, etc etc.. lessons learnt can be summed up into one thing.. be a good person. End of story....

Good point

Canubis wrote:
i consume more hard liquor a night then all dtv together...

yet i am so god dam smart....and own this shit in my world..

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 pm » by Svaha

iwanci wrote:No, its a fantasy novel just like all other religious texts, the bible included...

Agree, also the bible isn't even a book, it's a collection of texts that have the approval of the church.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 pm » by Haansolo

The Bible did not fall magically from the clouds. Man created it as a historical record of tumultuous times, and it has evolved through countless translations, additions, and revisions. History has never had a definitive version of the book
The roman emperor Constantine upgraded Jesus' status almost four centuries after Jesus' death, thousands of documents already existed chronicling His life as a mortal man. To rewrite the history books, Constantine knew he would need a bold stroke. From this sprang the most profound moment in Christian history. . . . Constantine commissioned and financed a new Bible, which omitted those gospels that spoke of Christ's human traits and embellished those gospels that made Him godlike. The earlier gospels were outlawed, gathered up, and burned" :sunny:
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 3:38 pm » by Flecktarn

your starting to sound like me :flop: :flop: but i agree with you 100% :cheers:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 4:04 pm » by Tuor10

The Koran was written by a man, who had no formal education. Apparently, the words were fed to him by God.

I personally believe that Mohammed was part of a sect. This sect aided him in the writing of the Koran. That said, there are some very interesting scientific passages in the Koran. I am pretty sure it states the world is round, and mentioned the cycles of the solar system.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 pm » by Stratosfear

tuor10 wrote:I personally believe that Mohammed was part of a sect. This sect aided him in the writing of the Koran. That said, there are some very interesting scientific passages in the Koran. I am pretty sure it states the world is round, and mentioned the cycles of the solar system.

Given the state of Islamic astronomy and mathematics (didn't they give us the zero, or is that just a myth?) back then it's no surprise that there are some accurate scientific passages in the Koran. They were certainly taking more scientific interest in the world and heavens than many European countries at the time. Makes you wonder what happened since then.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 7:34 pm » by Tuor10

stratosfear wrote:]

Given the state of Islamic astronomy and mathematics (didn't they give us the zero, or is that just a myth?) back then it's no surprise that there are some accurate scientific passages in the Koran. They were certainly taking more scientific interest in the world and heavens than many European countries at the time. Makes you wonder what happened since then.

I do wonder as well, mate.

When the moors conquered southern Spain, they turned infertile lands into fertile lands, by building a system of channels from local rivers into the mountains and other dry regions. Those same regions today produce some of the most succulent fruits and wines.

Like all things that start out with good intentions: they invariably become corrupted by the many flaws of man: greed, power, lust, jealousy and anger.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 17, 2012 8:04 pm » by Abdul14

according to google search, a Hindu mathematician by the name of Ramanujacharya is the guy who invented the zero
When you buy halal products, you are financing inhumaely slaughter and torture of animals

Next