Is Sharia law coming to Egypt?

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 pm » by Mochon

I wonder how will egyptians react is this turns out to be true.... :peep:

CAIRO (AP) — Egypt's powerful Muslim Brotherhood says Islamic Shariah law must be the basis of Egypt's new constitution, and legislation must be based on Islamic penal code.
The Brotherhood said in a statement Wednesday that a country ruled by Shariah would not become a theocracy. President Mohammed Morsi comes from the Brotherhood.
The statement appeared to be an attempt to clarify the group's position toward the country's most contentious issue — the extent of Islamic influence in governance and legislation.
The 100-member Islamist-led panel tasked with drafting the new document has been facing heavy criticism, mostly from liberals who fear Islamization of Egypt through its work.
The constitution would be a key definer of Egypt's government and society after last year's ouster of longtime President Hosni Mubarak.

Source

http://news.yahoo.com/egypts-brotherhoo ... 07574.html

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:20 pm » by Flecktarn

yes,, some already take the law in to there own dopey religious hands in egypt
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:26 pm » by Mochon

i guess with an islamic party ruling the country this was due to happen...i wonder what the civilian reaction will be...or if there will be another revolution in egypt....

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

If that happens tourism in Egypt will be over...

More than 12.8 million tourists visited Egypt in 2008, providing revenues of nearly $11 billion. The sector employs about 12 percent of Egypt's workforce.

Heard it dropped by 30% since 2011..

cheers Fleck, hope you are doing good.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 pm » by Flecktarn

after being there recently they are all Muslim brotherhood and destroy Israel ,so its a case of what takes there fancy first ,either way its bad for Egypt that counts on tourists for its economy, thanks zeg ,,doing good now my friend :flop: :flop: :flop: :flop:
ImageImage

Initiate

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:34 pm » by Termite

No. It is not going to happen in Egypt. I lived there for 1.5 years after I left the United States for the first time. The population there is very modern and progressive, mostly young, very free, very much like us from the west. They will never allow sharia. Only the most pios and devout women wear a hijab there. It is a truly free country.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:34 pm » by *WillEase*

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:45 pm » by Termite

I promise, it will not happen. The population will overthrow any government that tries to enforce "iran style" sharia. They are mostly like us. They like to go out and have fun, smoke their weed/hash, wear what they want and listen to any music they want...I just returned from Cairo 6 weeks ago to come back here to the Turkey/Syria border. I thought the same things about the middle east being born and raised in North carolina....but I assure you.....the people of Egypt know freedom in a way that we Americans have not known for decades. This is why I came back here to support the FSA. I did not want to live inside the American bubble which is fed primarily by the media which produces articles like that. I thought I get free media and global reports there, but, once I left for the first time I saw the truth. American opinion is controlled just as much as Iranian opinion through filtered and targeted media. Try searching Google through a proxy site based offshore....the news and media is completely different.... not because it is free'er in America but because it is censored in a very similar way that cartoon network is censored for children.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 pm » by Termite

In january 2006, I got tired of listening to americans bitch and moan about the rest of the world without actually knowing any of it. The American "bubble" is the largest and most sheltered anywhere. So...I bought a one way ticket to Egypt to see for myself. Over a period of years I lived in each country for a minimum of 6 months and met only locals and lived in their neighborhoods. I am currently in Turkey near the Syrian border. The very first violent incident I encountered in my travels was as follows. I watched 4 american soldiers at a checkpoint taking turns shooting Iraqui women in a distant mango orchard just for fun...after they killed a few...I had to leave. I tried to report it several times and was turned away several times. I was taken to a refrigerated warehouse by men who REALLY hated me for being american and I was shown a 4 foot deep 1.5 acre pile of blue green dead women and children from a single american bombardment. I was asked "Did these people knock down your buildings in New York"? This has happened several times. In my nearly 7 years of travelling in these regions of north Africa and the middle east and parts of asia, Not a percentage, but, EVERY town and villiage, 100% of them have stories and sites of AMERICAN led destruction and murder, many of them SEVERAL times all within the past 20 years. Every explosion and shooting I have witnessed (except in lybia and syria during the uprisings) EVERY one that I have witnessed in every country has been done by americans. I am a white southern american and I am deeply ashamed of the actions of my country....if even 1% of these things were happening in america caused by ANY country, european, latin, asian, hell, even canada, then when YOU saw a film that continued to degrade and dehumanize you, the YOU TOO would want nothing less than total destruction of anything involved in it. Thw Muslims are NOT evil and neither are christians. To think that any of them is barbaric or evil is to be unaware and uneducated in this regard. A true christian is peace loving in EXACTLY the same way that a true muslim is peace loving. If the tables were turned, it would be christians freaking out and fighting and destroying shit. This is life and this is the truth. I am here now and I am seeing it FIRST HAND. I can even show you pictures within the last 3 weeks that demonstrate what I am saying. I got tired of being ignorant, and decided to go and see the real world for myself. No country has killed as many people in the past 40 years than MY country, America. Not even CLOSE! I am level headed and open minded but I am NOT living in the western "bubble". If anyone would like to join me on these adventures I would gladly meet you at the airport anywhere over here, give you a place to stay for free, make sure you eat, and show you the truth. Seriously....live FOR REAL....come join me....you'll never regret it.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 pm » by *WillEase*

Hope you're right Termite...time WILL tell.
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Next