Is the internet the ultimate tool for democracy

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 12:41 am » by Toxic32

I like to think that we are a collective brain with each part of the collective contributing an individuality that is equally important as the next. The internet has given us instant access to knowledge, that would normally take years to research. The internet will become the ultimate tool of democracy as long as we don't allow it to become controlled and corrupted. Collective thinking and contributing to a process that will effect a change for the greater good of us all. Whilst allowing for individual growth of wealth within the parameters of the greater good. But recognising an individuals contributions and weighting that to the overall health and existence of us all. (Is emptying bins more or less important than being able to replace a hip or fly a plane?)

Imagine a process where the whole world can take part in a debate and where the whole world can vote on change. A debate who's rules exclude religion as a premise for disagreement where the greater good will be allowed and encouraged to have a voice. A place where the wealthy have the vote as the poor.....Just saying..

I'm not going into the details of how this would work but the overall concept of the world we are living on and how we live off it....
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 am » by OtheklzeR

Toxic32 wrote:I like to think that we are a collective brain with each part of the collective contributing an individuality that is equally important as the next. The internet has given us instant access to knowledge, that would normally take years to research. The internet will become the ultimate tool of democracy as long as we don't allow it to become controlled and corrupted. Collective thinking and contributing to a process that will effect a change for the greater good of us all. Whilst allowing for individual growth of wealth within the parameters of the greater good. But recognising an individuals contributions and weighting that to the overall health and existence of us all. (Is emptying bins more or less important than being able to replace a hip or fly a plane?)

Imagine a process where the whole world can take part in a debate and where the whole world can vote on change. A debate who's rules exclude religion as a premise for disagreement where the greater good will be allowed and encouraged to have a voice. A place where the wealthy have the vote as the poor.....Just saying..

I'm not going into the details of how this would work but the overall concept of the world we are living on and how we live off it....

I seen some where on disclose that democracy = mob rule
I believe we need a democratic voice, but I think we are
too much animals to rule our kingdom , we blather perversions
as civil rights and deny others to form indipendant thought

sorry about the spelling I just got home from work and have a lazy brain

internet is as much good as it is bad,it a tool and
A tool in the hands of lazy mechanics is expensive to follow up on
we need good mechanics to run the world because it needs to be fixed
alot, and most people are too lazy to do anything.

Im a wait on god guy, I dont think humans can do it alone

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 am » by Toxic32

DTV is not representative of the world and I don't think they gang up on people..But never the less my idea of a collective, is that every body will have the same option to vote and debate. My glass is half full but it sounds like yours is half empty...I have confidence in the human race. if not the machine in which we are the oil that allows it to work and we can bring it to a stop.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 1:20 am » by compassion

There is no real democracy anyway. Even in the UK you vote for one set of elite or another, but it makes little difference to the outcome. They are all still together, claiming expenses and drinking together in westminster. It might make a very slight difference but generally it's all the same.

Democracy is an illusion and a made up word to make the public think they have some sort of right - it means nothing really.

And when you are not happy and no matter who you vote for nothing changes - then what?? You are not even allowed to go down to the houses of parliament (that WE fucking pay for) and protest without asking them for permission first. And boris just invested in a couple of water cannons if anyone tries.

Democracy = play our game and vote for us. xx
"Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” Carl Jung

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 1:31 am » by Toxic32

All you are doing is pointing out how democracy has been corrupted. At a local level we can change things and move forward. One way on a local level in the UK only is vote for, a get rid of party political representation and vote for people/individuals that have the best interests of the whole in mind and who have are not been corrupted by who contributes the most. Take control of the local level then you rule who represents us all.

Initiate

PostTue Jul 29, 2014 1:55 am » by compassion

Toxic32 wrote:All you are doing is pointing out how democracy has been corrupted. At a local level we can change things and move forward. One way on a local level in the UK only is vote for, a get rid of party political representation and vote for people/individuals that have the best interests of the whole in mind and who have are not been corrupted by who contributes the most. Take control of the local level then you rule who represents us all.

Yeah but surely that applies on all levels? I think it is very naive to think that local council aren't rife with corruption too! They piss away our money just the same. And they are still under the legislation of the elite and dependant on the cash. Kick against that and they will find way to strangle them. Look what they are doing to Scotland, using scaremongering tactics and threatening them with loss of ship building contracts. And how hard would the oil companies up there make it, if the government needed that? And Scotland could have always been better off without us! propoganda and control is the order of the day.

We are very much locked into a failing system no matter what way you look at it. It needs radical overhaul and it clearing out at the top. But people are too scared of that because we are frightened into believing it would make things worse. We are like a battered woman too frightened to leave.

So democracy is an irrelevance imo. xx
"Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” Carl Jung