Is the middle class disappearing?

Writer

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 7:24 am » by Dpgardne

I don’t know if you guys have heard this, but apparently the middle class are disappearing. I’ve heard it on the news, from politicians, college professors, all over. This is weird to me, because I’ve been all over, and every person I’ve talked to in my entire life has always told me “I’m middle class.” Everybody in America thinks they’re middle class. You could ask anyone from Bill Gates to a homeless guy, and they’d tell you, “o yeah, we’re middle class.” You can’t go wrong with middle class. Middle class is a safe thing to say. You tell people you’re rich, and they think you’re greedy, you tell them you’re poor, and they think you can’t get any..

READ FULL ARTICLE @

http://ithp.org/articles/middleclass.html

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 7:46 am » by X-mog

I think we're seeing a total recall of the class structure. That's great news,but I saw it comin' years ago...
Why should wealthy people get away with undermining us? They never have, but at least this way, they don't have to go to hell to find out now. The signs are in your face. Don't be a dumbski.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 am » by 7hidden7agenda7

thanks to unions, the lower class have mostly been raised to the living standards and expectations of the middleclass. The "upperclass", however, want all that money. so will try to convince everyone that they are, or soon will be, lowerclass. mainly by doing everything in their power to make everyone lowerclass, while claiming the opposite.
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 am » by domdabears

7hidden7agenda7 wrote:thanks to unions, the lower class have mostly been raised to the living standards and expectations of the middleclass. The "upperclass", however, want all that money. so will try to convince everyone that they are, or soon will be, lowerclass. mainly by doing everything in their power to make everyone lowerclass, while claiming the opposite.

:headscratch:
Not everyone can get in the union or get their pay.
Actually, most aren't.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 1:47 pm » by Nuada

The middle classes are currently cleaning my toilet. The tide has turned. The 21st century Pharoes have the slaves demanding work.
“ What is your aim in philosophy? – To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle. ”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic . . . . Survival is the ability to swim in strange currents." - Frank Herbert

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 4:23 pm » by Evildweeb

Disappearing?

DISAPPEARING??????

They're F@#$%ING GONE MATE.

Middle class, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Ok, I'm much better now.

Anyhoo, the US middle class was targeted for termination decades ago, where the hell you been?

What the Bush Sr Gulf war era didn't eradicate, the tech bubble burst in the late 90's, early 2000 completely finished off.

There were however a few survivors clinging by their bloody fingernails to their bloated mortgages, but then we seen what happened to them recently.

No my friend, they are all long gone.
Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 4:38 pm » by Ademu

evildweeb wrote:Disappearing?

DISAPPEARING??????

They're F@#$%ING GONE MATE.

Middle class, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Ok, I'm much better now.

Anyhoo, the US middle class was targeted for termination decades ago, where the hell you been?

What the Bush Sr Gulf war era didn't eradicate, the tech bubble burst in the late 90's, early 2000 completely finished off.

There were however a few survivors clinging by their bloody fingernails to their bloated mortgages, but then we seen what happened to them recently.

No my friend, they are all long gone.

Awesome post Dweeb, hit the nail on the head :cheers: