Is the Shroud of Turin a Templar Forgery?

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 4:06 pm » by Masterdruid

An official carbon dating on the Shroud of Turin dates it near the time of the Knights Templar’s fall from glory. Though the image looks like Jesus Christ, many think it could also be that of Jacques De Molay, the Grand Master of the Knights Templar that was tortured by the King of France and burned alive. Before the Shroud of Turin was brought out for the public to see, it was in the possession of the De Charney family, the family of the man that was burned alive next to Jacques De Molay.

Here is the full article on the Templar/Shroud of Turin connection: http://www.ancientmonks.com/mystical-or ... -of-tourin

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 4:17 pm » by Constabul

regardless of if it is a forgery, you have a multitude of believers who will believe it is real till the day they die.

When the data meshes out in their favor, carbon dating or the like, they ring it to the high heavens. When the data shows any finding as being incorrect, it becomes unreliable.

is a no win situation. sorta like telling the mental patient who believes he is Napoleon, that he is not. not an impossibility, but be ready for a fools argument.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 pm » by Legalizeheroin

Carbon dating holds zero credibility.

I have no opinion regarding the Shroud, it could've been some rag the Apostles wiped their ass with for all I care. For me, it falls into the same category as the Grail and the Spear of Longinus; mildly interesting yet impossible to prove one way or another. All I know is when the words 'carbon dating' show up, we may as well be guessing.
Dear Aliens,

GET ME OFF THIS ROCK.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 29, 2011 12:47 pm » by Cia212

legalizeheroin wrote:Carbon dating holds zero credibility.

Especially in this case. Have you seen the "New Evidence" presented a few years ago? It completely debunks the C-14 results.

They claim the original linen was rewoven with cotton to fix burn marks (the process is called "French Reweaving") - and, of course, this was the only area of the shroud tested. You can watch the series online beginning here, but the new evidence starts halfway through the 3rd part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKj56swhuVQ

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostTue Mar 29, 2011 12:50 pm » by Legalizeheroin

I don't see a link but I believe I know what you're talking about. Was this on the History channel a few years back?

EDIT: Oops, there's the link.

EDIT 2.0: Yes, I have seen this. "Look, there's a bearded face! Must be Jesus!"
Dear Aliens,

GET ME OFF THIS ROCK.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 29, 2011 12:58 pm » by Skybetcam

NO!

Thought the shroud have been proven to be a "photograph", done by da Vinci!!!???

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 29, 2011 1:24 pm » by Tuor10

The history channel made a documentary about this using some of the best scientists out there in their respective fields. They concluded that there was no-way the face on the shroud could have been faked because the image is 3-dimensional. The only logical theory was that the image of the face was left there after the body basically disappeared in an instant, leaving the imprint. A bit like how shadows of people were left on the walls of Hiroshima after the Atomic bomb was dropped.

I'm not a religious guy, but if what they claim is true, it does make you wonder.