Is the Universe a Computer? New Evidence Emerges.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 7:36 pm » by SamueltheLion

no, the universe is not a computer...

...is it contained in a computer? that's another question.

how would we ever know if we were contained inside a simulation?
we couldn't could we? it would be like a big joke, and we could never hear the punch-line, only be suspicious of the ending.

we wouldn't know until we were outside of it, but what if we cannot exist on the outside?
or if there is none? but merely ascending levels of complexity as you become more knowledgeable about the source code.

it's important how things are phrased, as they reveal the habits of thought some people have acquired, and a certain mental sloppiness, a lack of acuity, a lack of clearness of thought.

NEXT!
Your faith will make you whole

Super Moderator

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 7:56 pm » by Troll2rocks

samuelthemule wrote:no, the universe is not a computer...

...is it contained in a computer? that's another question.

how would we ever know if we were contained inside a simulation?
we couldn't could we? it would be like a big joke, and we could never hear the punch-line, only be suspicious of the ending.

we wouldn't know until we were outside of it, but what if we cannot exist on the outside?
or if there is none? but merely ascending levels of complexity as you become more knowledgeable about the source code.

it's important how things are phrased, as they reveal the habits of thought some people have acquired, and a certain mental sloppiness, a lack of acuity, a lack of clearness of thought.

NEXT!

You speak as if you have clarity on the subject. I myself think there is something to this, and all evidence at the biggest and smallest scales is now indicating a possible validity in regards to this theory, and as for saying it could not be proven, well that is just a theory is it not. How do we know, we find things out in relation to other things in science by testing and proving various and seemingly unrelated parts, which turn out to have connection.

It is no more mental sloppiness to believe in this theory, as say scriptures, is it not ?

At least this theory has indicators to back it up, and certainly does make sense of a hell of a lot more in terms of reality than anything else that has come before it.

If I were a betting man, my bet would be firmly planted on this theory or others similar

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Recently I`m thinking about possible connections of science and art styles.

For instance expressionism style (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expressionism) coming up from people defenitely not belonging to the so called proletaries.

They were dreamers and people easily suffered from boredom. This shall not be meant judgemental. But I see a connection.

Modern physics came up at exactly the same time of expressionism. Time for new approaches.

The dreamer Einstein invented an expressionist kind of physics - far from everyday experience and imagination. Planck discovered the quantum effect.

While Jung discovered subconscous patterns and figures in dreams and visions, expressionism worked with exact the same material. But they were not interested in getting linked to Jung`s insights. There was no need for psychological considerations. Thus expressionism became a distinct branch in modern art. And it became famous.

Same with modern physics. It became famous and distinct. It is in fact expressionism in science.

Almost nobody wondered about the fact, that only a handfull people worldwide really understand both the math and physical implications. Thus quantum physics became the absolute climax of human mind. And it´s disciples all over the world try to adopt such thoughts everywhere. Even not math trained esterics love to use quantum physical insights.

It seems, as if I am free from it - no, I don`t. But I can not avoid criticizing the shit. Again - there is only a handfull of people worldwide, who understand it completely. The rest is sheeple.

Now the computer thing. I have read lots of stuff about that. And I am not sure I feel comfortable affirming it. For there is a thing, which I always have in mind. What, if there is no real outside universe? What, if all the unicverse case is in fact an intern mind thing?

This is indeed an old question. And, according my conviction (and I`m not the center of the universe) the question has not really answered yet. Again: It is not impossible assuming the universe being an internal mind product.

This makes the computer thing more enlightening. Not the universe is a big computer, but our perceiving mind is a conscious super computer being part of All-that-is-conscience.

I just wanted to mention...

Thank you for the always interesting read...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 8:21 pm » by Nilm33

Does this scientific revelation imply the idea of an imperfect creator? Image

Actually I think its more like this...

Only the Devil himself could land so many A list roles and SUCK so bad at it.

Initiate

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 pm » by Shendao

I am a firm believer in the theories proposed in the original post. I believe that we are lost inside a program and for me that is the important part.

I think that we, as a different life form, took part (and take part) in an experiment or 'game' in this created 'universe'. Further, I believe we have forgotten this information, that we have lost the sense of who we truly are.

Think on this for a moment.

DTv represents the very best at what it 'does'; we see theories of everything, conspiracies by the bucket load and various concepts on the PTB that boggle the mind.

Why?

Because we are looking for an answer.

I believe that the simplest answers are often the best, so try this one.

The secret that has been guarded generation after generation is one single thing. It is that this is an illusion.

Yeh, yeh, heard it done it been it and :bullshit: BUT......

It would explain why -
Politicians don't care about the masses
Science doesn't care about the planet
Life has become cheap thru media exploitation
True genius is ignored in favour of the next media slapper

If 'they' know it's an illusion, that we don't die here then it doesn't matter how many they kill, starve, rape, subdue... it doesn't matter.

Get it?

The sheeple are actually the ones who believe that what is presented is 'real', that life has a meaning or function, that we are striving to be nice spiritual beings.

In the few posts I have made I have referenced the term spirit-being-human, the reason is as I said above. We are in an illusion by choice but trapped by addiction to the illusion. The danger of any virtual reality lies in the player believing the role is real.

True power lies in the hands of those that understand this reality is nothing but a lie, pure and simple, and you have to admit most of the great 'teachers' have said as much.

Now it's time to :peep: cos the :yell: gonna :yell: :)
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Master Conspirator

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 10:15 pm » by Cornbread714

shendao wrote:I am a firm believer in the theories proposed in the original post. I believe that we are lost inside a program and for me that is the important part.

I think that we, as a different life form, took part (and take part) in an experiment or 'game' in this created 'universe'. Further, I believe we have forgotten this information, that we have lost the sense of who we truly are.

DTv represents the very best at what it 'does'; we see theories of everything, conspiracies by the bucket load and various concepts on the PTB that boggle the mind.

Why?

The secret that has been guarded generation after generation is one single thing. It is that this is an illusion.

It would explain why -

If 'they' know it's an illusion, that we don't die here then it doesn't matter how many they kill, starve, rape, subdue... it doesn't matter.

Get it?

The sheeple are actually the ones who believe that what is presented is 'real', that life has a meaning or function, that we are striving to be nice spiritual beings.

In the few posts I have made I have referenced the term spirit-being-human, the reason is as I said above. We are in an illusion by choice but trapped by addiction to the illusion. The danger of any virtual reality lies in the player believing the role is real.

True power lies in the hands of those that understand this reality is nothing but a lie, pure and simple, and you have to admit most of the great 'teachers' have said as much.

My thoughts are similar.

I've always said that people will stop killing and enslaving each other only when we finally realize it doesn't even matter.

Then the fear is gone.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 pm » by Shendao

cornbread714 wrote:
shendao wrote:I am a firm believer in the theories proposed in the original post. I believe that we are lost inside a program and for me that is the important part.

Why?

It would explain why -

Get it?

My thoughts are similar.

I've always said that people will stop killing and enslaving each other only when we finally realize it doesn't even matter.

Then the fear is gone.

Agreed.

What would happen if 7 billion people REALLY understood that life here was an illusion?

World economies would collapse, religion would die as a segregated principle of ideals, life here would change beyond comprehension but would also become unviable. No one would want to do menial labour, or perhaps any labour, life would be meaningless without the rules of the game.
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Master Conspirator

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 pm » by Cornbread714

shendao wrote: No one would want to do menial labour, or perhaps any labour.

I have already evolved to this level of awareness. :banana:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 am » by Kolgoroth

If the universe is a computer then Humanity must be running on Windows ME.........HA!!!!!

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 12:48 am » by Nilm33

Does anyone else find it odd that this modern scientific theory coincides with the oldest occult teachings in mans history?

Just saying... the gnostics have been crying this for thousands and thousands of years...
Do you know Sophia?

PreviousNext