Is the Universe a Computer? New Evidence Emerges.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostWed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 pm » by SamueltheLion

i had some thoughts on the subject: i talked to a physicist a while ago about the infinite graininess and the difficulty of locating sub-sub-sub-atomic particles (lower than quarks?) ( whatever they are, you know... those things which they can't quite find!) and so on, and the vast emptiness of space, and the loneliness that goes along with it, and the observations on the nature of reality...

Well, sometime ago, i was walking along a windy path, and i saw the leaves of last autumn, which had been slowly ground to dust over the course of the winter, yet some parts remained which were being blown about, and i thought to myself: hey wait a second; infinite graininess! Maybe, what remains of the passion and intensity of past civilizations, is turned to pulp with time, yet something always remains, the seed of life is passed on, things grow, and seemingly out of nowhere to boot.

and maybe, if they ever stopped growing, time would cease to exist, because it would be an unnecessary mechanism; given that there would be nothing conscious, nothing living, wishing to observe any part of itself, in duality of mind; in separation, or opposite nature, contrary and or contradictory to itself.

but could that ever happen? can life ever be totally wiped out? i don't believe so, it always finds away...

sometimes i am depressed about how small things are, or how big they are, and how small i am, but then i realize: It's really all just about the relationships; whatever level of existence you operate on, it's about the relationships you have at that level, not about the size of the body you are inhabiting. After all, what if we are but the cells of some giant wild animal, and we THINK we are big? where's the real difference? for me this is like the ultimate "don't-take-yourself-too-seriously" mind-fuck-trip; we are to the planets what cells are to us, and maybe planets are to some galactic god-zilla b-movie creature, what we are to them!

after all, what is the size of a sperm and an egg, compared to that of the full grown life-form?
or what is the size of the seed of a tree, compared to that of a hundred year old oak?

then, now, begin to think: what is the size of the origin and source of consciousness, compared to all that it creates?

how big are your hands, compared to all the things they have ever worked on, guys and girls? (unintended sexual innuendo, disregard)

a thousand points of light, kind of stuff.

understand the basics, and you will understand the "complicated" also.

Imo, it's late and i should end my rambling on a coherent note to end the dissonance, I will just say one last thing: (...stalling, stalling... oh shit i forgot again, oh wait here it comes...)

what if passion is the only truth there ever was, is, and will be?

what if we are the ones who created the rules of the universe, so we could enjoy our playground here?

what if the intensity of our desire, causes the atoms to smash together and create life, so that we can cause and resolve this cosmic drama?

what if there truly is no end to the mystery, because we made this puzzle one level too hard for our brains to solve, and we secretly desire to never be able to solve it, because if we ever did, that would be the end of this beautiful game, guys and girls what if? (:

<3

i love you all

i'll see you when it's less (or more) complicated

indubitably

:hugging:
Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostThu Apr 05, 2012 12:10 am » by Teloc

what man can think of is possible..

all things have to go through ze mind first..

if someone thinks the universe is a computer.. well, go ahead pal.. may tron be with u!!

but..

a computer does nought by himself..

he needs to be programmed..

:mrgreen:
Er ist nicht hier, er ist auferstanden.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Apr 05, 2012 12:18 am » by SamueltheLion

teloc wrote:what man can think of is possible..

all things have to go through ze mind first..

if someone thinks the universe is a computer.. well, go ahead pal.. may tron be with u!!

but..

a computer does nought by himself..

he needs to be programmed..

:mrgreen:

yeah man, definitely, hence me saying some pages back: it is sloppy to even phrase the question in such a way: is the universe a computer? no.

is it contained in a computer? maybe, but how would we find out.

anyway, loving the new signature.

the spirit of destruction, undestroyed, eh? (:

me likey

:hugging:
Your faith will make you whole

Previous