Is This Child Dead Enough for You?

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 am » by Iwanci

Hey Dag how about posting something that actually contributes some value to a discussion or argument instead of sitting on the side lines and randomnly picking your arse and throwing your shite on people like the big ape you obviously are? just saying.....

:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 am » by Iwanci

So as to assist those amongst us who 'fail to think' when reading posts... when I say that 'not a peep' is heard of when 'men' are killed in conflict, what I meant (Dag you reading this? I will try to explain it for you, please be patient).... what I meant is that we (especially here in Australia) rarely of ever hear of 'men' being killed.. male casualties are usually reported as 'casualties' or 'solidiers died' or 'civilians were killed' or things along that line.. we seldom if ever hear 'men' were killed.. when it comes to women or children being killed, this is quite a different storie.. we never hear of women being 'civilians' or 'female soldiers' etc just women. And whilst I have no issue with this, I do find the imbalance in reproting quite disturbing, the simple fact that I feel many of us have been desensitized to 'male' casualties and this desensitization often means that we expect men to die in conflict and as a result we are not as equally outraged when they do in fact die. As a result of this, males are often seen as 'expendable' or the 'cost' of conflict... whilst we adopt this stance and do not show outrage, we will forever be prone to conflict. Where as (Dag you still with me brother?) when a woman or child is killed we are all outraged (as we should be) and the powers that be (embarrassed and ashamed of this) devote more of their efforts on strategies to either minimise these casualties or avoid the conflict at least in certain areas.

It is NOT ok for 'people' to die regardless of gender or age...

OK.. hope that settles it... Dag you cool with this explanation.. want to try insulting me again mate for having an opinion?

:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Previous