Is Trayvon Martin Our ‘Bubba Effect?’

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:11 pm » by domdabears

And so is everyone else.

Some fuckin guy got shot and killed.

Who gives a fuck? None of you knew him.

To me, everyone is wasting their energy and time on this one.

My best friends 3 year old cousin was beat to death and put face down in the bathtub. I don't see anyone here or the news making a giant story over it.
Why? Because you didn't know him. It would only be a big deal to the people who knew him. Like me.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:16 pm » by Rydher

Sorry to hear that Dom, but this thread isn't supposed to be about the shooting itself. It's about the effects that arise from it.

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:22 pm » by domdabears

rydher wrote:Sorry to hear that Dom, but this thread isn't supposed to be about the shooting itself. It's about the effects that arise from it.

Yeah, well my point is there shouldn't be any effect unless you knew the guy.

For some ODD reason everyone is letting this effect them. For no reason what so ever.

This does not effect you. It has no effect on your personal life.

That is the reality.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:26 pm » by domdabears

And everyone is letting the media make a race war.

It's fucked up.

If everyone would just stop reading, and stop watching, and stop talking about this story, IT WOULD ALL GO AWAY.

The killing of this man has nothing to do with anyone but the victim's friends and family, and the shooter's friends and family.

This story is none of anyone's business.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 pm » by Rydher

I think you're right and wrong. There is a VERY small minority of people out there letting this effect them. It just seems like the country is up in arms about it because it's on every news station, every magazine cover at the grocery check out stand, and all over the internet. The truth is, most are you like you Dom. It's sad, life sucks sometimes, shit happens, etc but other than that - people aren't frothing at the mouth demanding anyone's head.

Seriously, the people that are Americans here. How many people are actually talking about this other than in passing or because it's on the news. I don't know a single person that's wanting to march on the streets for either 'side'. Sure there are people wanting to do it, but like I said. It's a very small minority, it just seems much larger because of the wall to wall coverage. As intended.

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm » by domdabears

rydher wrote:I think you're wrong. I think there is a VERY small minority of people out there letting this effect them.

Well good.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 pm » by domdabears

I use yahoo as my home page (I fuckin HATE yahoo). My email is yahoo. Anyways,

All they do is show stories about this.

Right now the number 2 trending is George Zimmerman. So it seems more than you think are still trying to keep in touch with this.

They're trying to start a race war. The stupid public is letting them.

And the fuckin funny thing is, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF EM!!!!
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 pm » by Spock

That is what all this is about. Not the actual shooting, the way the black community is saying its white on black, while ignoring the facts, and the media ignoring the facts and lying about the facts. And that is where the Bubba Effect comes into it. People that are disenfranchised are pissed.

That is what all this is about that you said you weren't understanding.

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:47 pm » by Rydher

domdabears wrote:Right now the number 2 trending is George Zimmerman. So it seems more than you think are still trying to keep in touch with this.

I have no doubts there are people checking the story out and clicking links and such. I was talking about it in terms that you seemed to be. As it in actually effecting people and people getting heavily into it other than just checking out a story that's all over the news.

Spock is right though. This has never been about the actual shooting. It's been about stirring the pot and trying to spread discontent, as well as the image of it, through out the country.

Super Moderator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 pm » by Spock

For instance, look at this headline....

Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

PreviousNext