israel and palistine, the holy land, why not try this.

Writer

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 11:33 am » by Harrylime

just a thought, why do they call israel and palistine the holyland, when both sides have been claiming it as theres and killing for it, why not stop the killing give everone human rights , and equality then agree to share the land they all walk on, a new country could emerge bigger, stronger, happier, integrate, real freedom, real hope no fear, not bits for two countries scattered here and there. the country the holyland, the republic of israel and palistine, you are free to worship your god, free to elect representertives of your choosing, respect one and another live together in peace and without fear, all the hatred ended, just an idea.....

Initiate

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 12:51 pm » by Avimoas

religion its the problem nothing more.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 2:21 pm » by Ogmios

harrylime wrote:just a thought, why do they call israel and palistine the holyland, when both sides have been claiming it as theres and killing for it, why not stop the killing give everone human rights , and equality then agree to share the land they all walk on, a new country could emerge bigger, stronger, happier, integrate, real freedom, real hope no fear, not bits for two countries scattered here and there. the country the holyland, the republic of israel and palistine, you are free to worship your god, free to elect representertives of your choosing, respect one and another live together in peace and without fear, all the hatred ended, just an idea.....

It's a very utopian ideal, but, as Oscar Wilde once said: "....show me a map without utopia on it and I'll show you a map that's not worth looking at."
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm » by Lowsix

Something i realized recently, despite having studied the problem for nearly twenty years..

They can never get along for a deeper symbolic reason than the practical day to day politics.

One is a pagan sun religion, and the other is a pagan moon religion.

And more surface related, each contains in their origin mythology, the patriarchal tribal clauses that do not allow for the other to exist. Too bad that seom sundried goofballs lost the plot and are like the old blind men separately describing the same god.

There is only one, after all.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Writer

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm » by Curiousmind

LowSix wrote:There is only one, after all.

:think:
Highlander!!!!!!
I've never really understood (as I always thought it was a deeply held inherited feeling)
Why people can't just say "okay, so long as you respect our beliefs & don't mock them we will show you the same back"
I don't think it's impossible for there to be peace, Maybe they just need a new outlook instead of holding on to ideas & thoughts of others that are becoming archaic

Master Conspirator

PostWed Apr 08, 2009 9:25 pm » by Lowsix

I didnt mean there is only one,
as in "MINE is the only one"..

I just mean that there is one source.
We all come from the same source..
We are all worshiping the same thing under different names..

And all the religions have done their best to interpret it.

Their religions happened to have interpreted it in diametric opposition to each other..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostThu Apr 09, 2009 9:38 am » by Mugenroshi8

From the things I've read, Six hit it spot on with the "solar" and "lunar" interpretations between the politico/religious groups in question.

From a different angle, the religious beliefs within their conscious minds is only part of the problem driving the actions. Another follows a popular saying amongst those I served with in the region, "kill a so-called terrorist and you recruit their entire family to the cause." How many hundreds of years have these groups been killing one another for one reason or another? How few of those living in the area can claim to be personally untouched by the day-to-day animosity between the cultural groups? Likely, not many.

I heard an interesting case that the actual Israeli people are barely even genetically related to the founders of Judaism (or the Jewish People referred to in religious texts - who were in fact tied in with the Egyptian Pharaohs elite caste), and that the Israeli people and the Palestinian people are fairly close relatives. "Duh," ya I know, but they were saying that the actual "Jewish People" (for the most part) migrated to Europe and were currently in Germany, Switzerland, and similar regions. Any thoughts on that?

Initiate

PostSat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm » by Pateriot

mugenroshi8 wrote:From the things I've read, Six hit it spot on with the "solar" and "lunar" interpretations between the politico/religious groups in question.

From a different angle, the religious beliefs within their conscious minds is only part of the problem driving the actions. Another follows a popular saying amongst those I served with in the region, "kill a so-called terrorist and you recruit their entire family to the cause." How many hundreds of years have these groups been killing one another for one reason or another? How few of those living in the area can claim to be personally untouched by the day-to-day animosity between the cultural groups? Likely, not many.

I heard an interesting case that the actual Israeli people are barely even genetically related to the founders of Judaism (or the Jewish People referred to in religious texts - who were in fact tied in with the Egyptian Pharaohs elite caste), and that the Israeli people and the Palestinian people are fairly close relatives. "Duh," ya I know, but they were saying that the actual "Jewish People" (for the most part) migrated to Europe and were currently in Germany, Switzerland, and similar regions. Any thoughts on that?

Abraham lived about 1,800 BC. Assuming that the average child is born when their parents are 25, than there are 4 generations per century. Four 4 times the 38 centuries that have passed since Abraham to the present = 152 generations since Abraham. As each person has exactly two biological parents, then the formula to find out how many potentially different ancestors we could have alive at the time of Abraham (assuming there were no duplicates) would be 2, with an exponent of 152. If you enter this formula into a scientific calculator you will find the answer to be an amazing (roughly) 5.71 followed by 45 zeros. This is the number of potentially different direct ancestors alive at the time of Abraham. If you are patient and have the time this can be verified by multiplying 1 (yourself) times two (the number of parents you have), 152 times.

What does this mean? It means several things. Some of these are: 1) We are all almost certainly a direct descendent of Abraham (and everyone else alive at the time whose line has not died out). 2) All of us are more closely related to each other than we could have dreamed 3) All of the Jews living in Israel are much more closely related to all of the Palestinians that surround them than they are Abraham

Oh ya, the stuff about Jews migrating to what now is Europe and than forgetting their heritage while "fake" Israelis (Jews) have sustained their identitiy for thousands of years is complete and utter bunk! Even if we stretched credability to the breaking point and said that this was true, who cares? If they can hold onto an identity for thousands of years, than they certainly deserve it far more than I... or you do!
Last edited by Pateriot on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 12, 2010 5:13 pm » by Telos61

"there can be only one"

Upload to Disclose.tv

"I TOLD MY YOGI ONCE HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR TEACHING ME THE WISDOM OF LIFE AND HE REPLIED - IT IS I WHO SHOULD BE GRATEFUL TO YOU, IF YOU WERE NOT LOOKING AT ME I WOULD NOT EXIST"

YOGANANDA

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 12, 2010 5:52 pm » by Svaha

LowSix wrote:Something i realized recently, despite having studied the problem for nearly twenty years..

They can never get along for a deeper symbolic reason than the practical day to day politics.

One is a pagan sun religion, and the other is a pagan moon religion.

And more surface related, each contains in their origin mythology, the patriarchal tribal clauses that do not allow for the other to exist. Too bad that seom sundried goofballs lost the plot and are like the old blind men separately describing the same god.

There is only one, after all.

I didnt mean there is only one,
as in "MINE is the only one"..

I just mean that there is one source.
We all come from the same source..
We are all worshiping the same thing under different names..

And all the religions have done their best to interpret it.

Their religions happened to have interpreted it in diametric opposition to each other..

Great
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Next