Israel to pay UN compensation of US $10m

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm » by Dank1

HMMM........
looks like its gonna get worse in the states but who the the hell am i?
i dont make the rules, i cant even barely find my feet
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 pm » by Proto

Israel is bound by the agreement to use 75 per cent of the aid to buy military hardware made in the US: in the crisis-racked US economy, those military factories are critical to many towns.

For the first time the US is also providing $US500 million to the Palestinian Authority, including $US100 million to train security forces, under the strict proviso that the authority's leadership recognises Israel.

The lion's share of political and strategic aid to Iraq and Afghanistan comes from separate funds and from the defence budget. Between 2003 and last year $US49 billion was poured into Iraq through the Iraq Relief and Reconstruction Fund and the defence budget. The Afghanistan program over the same period consisted of $US11 billion in traditional foreign aid and another $US15 billion in defence funds.

Under the Obama Administration, this year's aid budget has been increased by 10 per cent to nearly $US50 billion to support his counter-terrorism strategy.

Assistance to Pakistan was recently tripled, with an additional $US1.5 billion a year for the next five years.

The author of the bill, Senator John Kerry, said it would ''build a relationship with the people [of Pakistan] to show that what we want is a relationship that meets their interests and needs''.

But officials at the US embassy in Islamabad have alleged that Pakistan has diverted elsewhere 70 per cent of the $US9 billion in military assistance paid since 2001.

The Obama Administration is finding that other expensive fronts are emerging in the fight against terrorism, the latest being Yemen. In the 2010 fiscal year US development and security assistance to Yemen is expected to rise 56 per cent to $US63 million.

But this does not include so-called 1206 Pentagon counter-terrorism funds. Last year Yemen received $US67 million of those, up from just $US5 million.

After the events of the past week or so, countries like Yemen are highly likely to receive significantly more this year.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 pm » by Proto

it's so typical of you to isolate israel and ignore the rest of the list ,
75 % of the aid israel getting is getting absorbed right back into the American economy .

that is not the issue with the :
600 mil to the Palestinian Authority .
Between 2003 and last year $US49 billion was poured into Iraq
Afghanistan 26bil
Pakistan 1.5bil x5 years
Under the Obama Administration, this year's aid budget has been increased by 10 per cent to nearly $US50 billion to support his counter-terrorism strategy.

so either one of this aids can be used to build roads, schools, hospitals etc , but you
pick on the 2 bil israel is getting when 75 % of it injected right back into the American economy?

Initiate

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 pm » by Kilaspy

Looks like some can ignore the law when it does not fit their plans

The Symington Amendment
The Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 was amended by the Symington Amendment(Section 669 of the FAA) in 1976. It banned U.S. FROM GIVING economic, OR military assistance, AND export credits to countries that deliver or receive,acquire or transfer nuclear enrichment technology when they do not comply with IAEA regulations and inspections.]

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm » by Proto

The President of the United States has used his authority to ease sanctions on India, Pakistan, and to deter the implementation of sanctions against Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symington_Amendment

beside , U.S and France broke the IAEA regulations in the first place by helping israel
getting it's nuclear program running .

Writer

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 pm » by snotballs

proto wrote: Israel is bound by the agreement to use 75 per cent of the aid to buy military hardware made in the US: in the crisis-racked US economy, those military factories are critical to many towns.

Wow, we still MAKE things here? I thought everything came from China!!!
The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.

Initiate

PostFri Jan 08, 2010 1:31 am » by Snutz

So your logic is if we broke international sanctions before, we can just keep on doing it. I mean, that completely makes since seeing as Israel has been ignoring U.N. sanctions requiring them to leave Palestine and halt their expansion of their territory for a couple decades now.

I'm not takin' sides on either of em, we shouldn't be giving aid to any countries, especially when we have people in the homeland who need the aid.

Let sovereign nations take care of themselves, FUCK interventionism!

As for the arms Israel has to buy from us with that money, alot of our military technologies are now produced in China if my memory serves me. If this is the case, then we send money to Israel, funded by taxpayers, then get a little kickback so we can buy our own weapons from yet another country, we basically just play middleman .... at the taxpayers expense!

The taxpayers have the real power, and if the majority doesn't want this aid leaving the country, then by all means it shouldn't!

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 am » by Proto

snutz wrote:So your logic is if we broke international sanctions before, we can just keep on doing it.

no ,my logic is that that paper not worth the ink on it because all the major powers
all ready broke it in various ways .

snutz wrote:As for the arms Israel has to buy from us with that money, alot of our military technologies are now produced in China if my memory serves me. If this is the case, then we send money to Israel, funded by taxpayers, then get a little kickback so we can buy our own weapons from yet another country, we basically just play middleman .... at the taxpayers expense!

lots of components produced in china but u.s is still a major producer,
Major arms industry corporations in the United States :
AAI Corporation
BAE Systems Inc.
Boeing
Bushmaster Firearms International
Colt's Manufacturing Company
General Atomics
General Electric (primarily through GEAE)
General Dynamics
Honeywell
Lockheed-Martin
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Raytheon Corporation
THOR Global Defense Group
United Technologies (primarily through Pratt and Whitney, Smith and Wesson Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_arms ... _by_nation

The United States is the overall top supplier of weapons. The United States is also the top supplier of weapons to the developing world, accounting for around 36% of worldwide weapons sales, followed by Russia, United Kingdom, Germany and China.[6][7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_indus ... _by_nation

snutz wrote:Let sovereign nations take care of themselves, FUCK interventionism!
The taxpayers have the real power, and if the majority doesn't want this aid leaving the country, then by all means it shouldn't!

that's cool , i don't think my opinion relevant on this ,this is a matter for u.s citizens
to discuss internally among themselves imo , if the u.s gov will stop aid fund to israel
i personally would be ok with that .

Writer

PostFri Jan 08, 2010 4:53 am » by Olmert

"Israel will pay US $10m in compensation for damage caused to United Nations buildings in Gaza during the assault a year ago, officials have said."

then let hamas pay compensation to israel for damage caused by rockets.
and i mean all 8 years of sending rockets.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 am » by Lowsix

olmert wrote:
"Israel will pay US $10m in compensation for damage caused to United Nations buildings in Gaza during the assault a year ago, officials have said."

then let hamas pay compensation to israel for damage caused by rockets.
and i mean all 8 years of sending rockets.

Ok, here is twenty dollars for that bucket of burned sand in the Negev.

Now what will you give me in return for all Sniper victims under the age of 18?

(i only used the sniper deaths as an example, since they CANT be 'accidental' collateral damages like the carpet bombing and phosphorous dumps..)

Sniper kills are acts of concentrated intent...perpetrated on children.
Visual confirmation guaranteed.

They gotta be worth at LEAST as much as Negev Sand right?

(ok, well not according to majority of leaders Isreal has had for the last fifty years..
but to the rest of the world at least.)
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Next