Israel & US joint missile test in Mediterranean sparks Syria

Writer

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 12:29 pm » by Dutchies

11:13am UK, Tuesday 03 September 2013

A missile early warning system identifies two launches heading towards Syria - although no signs of explosions have been reported.

Russian radar has detected two ballistic "objects" fired towards the eastern Mediterranean from the central part of the sea, the country's defence ministry has reportedly said.

Interfax news agency quoted a ministry spokesman as saying the launch was detected at 10.16 am Moscow time (7.16am UK time) by an early warning radar station at Armavir, near the Black Sea, which is designed to detect missiles from Europe and Iran.

The Russian Embassy in Syria said there were no signs of a missile attack or explosions in the capital, Damascus.

Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu had informed President Vladimir Putin of the launch, according to Interfax.

"The trajectory of these objects goes from the central part of the Mediterranean Sea toward the eastern part of the Mediterranean coast," Interfax quoted the spokesman as saying.

Russia opposes any outside military intervention in the Syrian civil war and a ministry official had earlier criticised the United States for deploying warships in the Mediterranean close to Syria.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said they were not aware of any missile launch in the eastern Mediterranean.

"We are not aware, at this time, of such an event having occurred," she said.

Sky News' Foreign Affairs Editor Tim Marshall said: "There is very little information available, but the most likely explanation would be that the US is test firing some of its ship defence systems."

It came as Foreign Secretary William Hague prepared to answer questions on Syria in Parliament, from 11.30am.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1136479/russi ... iterranean

Writer

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 12:48 pm » by Dutchies

A few more details on the Israeli/US missile test, via Reuters.

Israel said it carried out a test of a missile, used as a target in a US funded anti-missile system, in the Mediterranean on Tuesday.

The Israeli Defence Ministry said the test was conducted at 9:15 a.m. (0615 GMT), about the same time that Russia's state-run RIA news agency reported that Russian radar had detected the launch of two ballistic "objects" in the Mediterranean.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/middle ... ugees-live

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 1:15 pm » by Slith

Games people play

Master Conspirator

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 4:16 pm » by *WillEase*

:roll: Talk about some crappy timing!

Upload to Disclose.tv

Published on Sep 3, 2013

Russia's early warning radars detected the launch of two ballistic rockets in the eastern Mediterranean Sea, Russia's Defense Ministry stated. Israel later claimed responsibility for firing the target test rockets - READ MORE http://on.rt.com/q000to

Note: I would have added this to the original thread about Syria, but the original thread title doesn't
reflect updates. I asked for a name change of it to "Syrian Update" to avoid multiple related topics threads,
but so far that hasn't been done.
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 4:29 pm » by -Marduk-

threads merged.
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-