Israelis March in Tel Aviv to Protest War With Iran

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 4:03 am » by Harbin

Israelis March in Tel Aviv to Protest War With Iran

Anti-war protest comes amid growing Facebook campaign linking Israelis and Iranians; campaign leaders: We have nothing to do with the protest rally.

Hundreds of Israelis marched in Tel Aviv on Saturday to protest against a possible Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

The protest came amid a recent Facebook campaign linking Israeli and Iranian citizens in their opposition to war between the two nations. Campaign leaders, however, made it clear on their Facebook page that they had nothing to do with the Tel Aviv protest march.

Last week, graphic designers Ronny Edry and his wife, Michal Tamir, unknowingly began a Facebook phenomenon when they uploaded a poster depicting Edry and his daughter with the words, "Iranians, we will never bomb your country, we [heart] you."

That one image sparked a movement of sorts, with hundreds, if not thousands, of images sent from Israel, Iran, and elsewhere in the world, in support of exposing what participants consider to be the human side of the conflict between Iran and Israel.

© Hadar Cohen
Man taking part in a rally protesting an Israeli strike on Iran, Tel Aviv, March 24, 2012.
"My Israeli friends, I do not hate you; I do not want war. love, Peace," read many Iranian posters that were posted by Iranians to the new group page. Most of the Iranians, who posted messages to the Facebook group, did so with their faces partially veiled, possibly out of fear from the Iranian authorities.

Last Saturday, Edry said that Iranian group members explained that they could be arrested if recognized in the photos.

"Dear Israeli Friends and World! Iranians love peace and we hate hate!...and we don't need any Nuclear Power to show it!" one poster caption stated.

"I'm from Iran and love your idea and your efforts against war and for peace. I am really happy to get to know you and people like you, and hope to find more people like you. Here in Iran the situation is complicated and many people hate the governments and their bullshit," another anonymous Iranian wrote in a poster he published.

On Saturday, the protest against a strike on Iran - one, it should be added, that was not endorsed by the leaders of the Facebook campaign - began its march at Tel Aviv's Habima Square, making its way to the city's Meir Park.

Participants held signs with such captions as "No to War with Iran," and "Talks, not Bombs."

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/243422-Hundreds-of-Israelis-March-in-Tel-Aviv-to-Protest-War-With-Iran

:cheers:

Iranians respond to Israeli Facebook initiative: Israel, we love you too

The 'Israel loves Iran' Facebook campaign has begun to receive numerous responses from Iranians, who stared responding to the Israeli initiative that calls on people to announce their love for the Iranians by posting pictures on Facebook.

Get all the latest updats on Haaretz.com's Facebook page
Iranians love Israelis - 19032012

One of the Iranian posters on the Facebook page of the 'Israel Loves Iran' blog.
Photo by: Pushpin Mehina

Up to Saturday night, graphic artists Ronny Edry and his wife, Michal Tamir, who began the campaign, were still trying to persuade Iranians to respond to the dozens of Israelis that put up posters of themselves with the words, "Iranians, we will never bomb your country, we [heart] you."

On Sunday their labor bore fruit, as more and more posts by Iranians started popping up on their Facebook page, in response to their Israeli counterparts.

Download the new and improved Haaretz app for iPhone and Android.

“My Israeli friends, I do not hate you; I do not want war. love, Peace,” read many Iranian posters that were posted by Iranians to the new group page. Most of the Iranians, who posted messages to the Facebook group, did so with their faces partially veiled, probably out of fear from the Iranian authorities. On Saturday, Edry said that Iranian group members explained that they could be arrested if recognized in the photos.

“Dear Israeli Friends and World! Iranians love peace and we hate hate!...and we don't need any Nuclear Power to show it!” one poster caption stated.

“I’m from Iran and love your idea and your efforts against war and for peace. I am really happy to get to know you and people like you, and hope to find more people like you. Here in Iran the situation is complicated and many people hate the governments and their bullshit,” another anonymous Iranian wrote in a poster he published.

What are your thoughts on this issue? Follow Haaretz.com on Facebook and share your views

Like any other web phenomena, humoristic and cynical responses to the initiative were quick to appear. For example, a mock post by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, reading: “Iranians I love you. I truly truly love you. It’s my people I hate.” Another poster promised Swedish girls that Israel would never bomb their country.

In addition to Edry and Tamir’s initiative, a new Facebook group titled “Israelis against a War with Iran,” went up on Thursday. “The newspaper headlines tell the tale: The prime minister is trying to legitimize an Israeli attack on Iran, which is expected soon,” a post on the group’s page reads.

“Most of the Israeli public is opposed to an adventure of this sort that may have catastrophic consequences. Many experts warn of the results an attack on Iran and a declaration of war of this sort may bring. Iran is expected to respond, meaning there would be many Israeli casualties,” the group founders added citing former Mossad chief Meir Dagan’s opposition to an attack.”

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/iranians-respond-to-israeli-facebook-initiative-israel-we-love-you-too-1.419505
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 4:16 am » by Noentry

This is a great story. :sunny:

People stretching out their hands in a gesture of peace.
In reality this would work against the"ptb"'s agenda of war
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Initiate

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 5:08 am » by Abdul14

the Palywood Taqyyia Bureau‏ and their agenda of war

Upload to Disclose.tv

Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniya Reaffirms Hamas' Commitment to genocide and war
When you buy halal products, you are financing inhumaely slaughter and torture of animals

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 5:32 am » by 44z44

abdul14 wrote:the Palywood Taqyyia Bureau‏ and their agenda of war

Upload to Disclose.tv

Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniya Reaffirms Hamas' Commitment to genocide and war

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/syrian-girl-why-al-qaeda-is-al-ciada-t67889-2120.html :rtft: Hamas is israel zionist government created wildcard(tool)and has been since it was created,im not surprised that you and iamthatiam dont want to wake up!thats why i said dumb sheeple like you,dtv christian members and in america only support and believe what israel zionist government say/do is because they want the rapture :bullshit: to happen,poor sheeple's :lol: they dont give a shit what happens to jews in israel or israel, :lol: fucking wake up!you muppet's.

Upload to Disclose.tv

“Three things can not hide for long: the Moon,the Sun,and the Truth.”

― Hermann Hesse

Initiate

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 am » by Abdul14

Upload to Disclose.tv

they are all zionists tools ?

Upload to Disclose.tv

When you buy halal products, you are financing inhumaely slaughter and torture of animals

Initiate

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 6:45 am » by Abdul14