Isreals New Forum Propaganda Division

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:05 pm » by Lowsix

Israel's Foreign Ministry is hiring students and demobilized soldiers who will work around the clock writing pro-Israeli responses on Internet websites

Israel's Foreign Ministry is hiring students and demobilized soldiers who will work around the clock writing pro-Israeli responses on Internet websites all over the world.... presenting themselves as ordinary surfers...

This is in addition to the existing Israeli volunteer internet task forces & propaganda applications like Megaphone & GIYUS - a cheif Israeli propagandist is interviewed below.. More....

Will the responders who are hired for this also present themselves as “ordinary net-surfers”?

“Our people will not say: ‘Hello, I am from the policy-explanation department of the Israeli Foreign Ministry and I want to tell you the following.’ Nor will they necessarily identify themselves as Israelis. They will speak as net-surfers and as citizens, and will write responses that will look personal but will be based on a prepared list of messages that the Foreign Ministry developed.”

“To all intents and purposes the Internet is a theatre in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and we must be active in that theatre, otherwise we will lose,” Elan Shturman, deputy director of the policy-explanation department in the Foreign Ministry, and who is directly responsible for setting up the project, says in an interview with Calcalist.

The missions: “monitoring” and “fostering discussions”

The Foreign Ministry intends to recruit youths who speak at least one foreign language and who are studying communications, political science or law, or alternatively those whose military background is in units that deal with information analysis.

Members of the new unit will work at the Ministry (“They will punch a card,” says Shturman) and enjoy the full technical support of Tahila, the government’s ISP, which is responsible for computer infrastructure and Internet services for government departments. “Their missions will be defined along the lines of the government policies that they will be required to defend on the Internet. It could be the situation in Gaza, the situation in the north or whatever is decided. We will determine which international audiences we want to reach through the Internet and the strategy we will use to reach them, and the workers will implement that on in the field. Of course they will not distribute official communiquיs; they will draft the conversations themselves. We will also activate an Internet-monitoring team – people who will follow blogs, the BBC website, the Arabic websites.”

The inspiration: covert advertising on the Internet

The Foreign Ministry admits that the inspiration comes from none other than the much-reviled field of compensated commercial talkback: employees of companies and public-relations firms who post words of praise on the Internet for those who sent them there – the company that is their employer or their client. The professional responders normally identify themselves as chance readers of the article they are responding to or as “satisfied customers” of the company they are praising.

Test-firing in the Gaza War

According to Shturman, although it is only now that the project is receiving a budget and a special department in the Foreign Ministry, in practice the Ministry has been using its own responders since the last war in Gaza, when the Ministry recruited volunteer talkbackers. “During Operation Cast Lead we appealed to Jewish communities abroad and with their help we recruited a few thousand volunteers, who were joined by Israeli volunteers. We gave them background material and policy-explanation material, and we sent them to represent the Israeli point of view on news websites and in polls on the Internet,” says Shturman. “Our target audience then was the European Left, which was not friendly towards the policy of the government. For that reason we began to get involved in discussions on blogs in England, Spain and Germany, a very hostile environment.”

“During Operation Cast Lead the Foreign Ministry wrote to me and other bloggers and asked us to make our opinions known on the international stage as well,” Carmi tells Calcalist. “They sent us pages with ‘taking points’ and a great many video clips. I focussed my energies on Facebook, and here and there I wrote responses on blogs where words like ‘Holocaust’ and ‘murder’ were used in connection with Israel’s Gaza action. I had some very hard conversations there. Several times the Foreign Ministry also recommended that we access specific blogs and get involved in the discussions that were taking place there.”

During the Gaza conflict the Israeli volunteer internet forces were in full swing. They base their operation on talking points. Here's one of a few widely distributed letters as an example:

---------------------------------
Dear friends,

We hold the [sic] military supremacy, yet fail the battle over the international media. We need to buy time for the IDF to succeed, and the least we can do is spare some (additional) minutes on the net. The ministry of foreign affairs is putting great efforts in balancing the media, but we all know it’s a battle of numbers. The more we post, blog, talkback, vote – the more likely we gain positive sentiment.

I was asked by the ministry of foreign affairs to arrange a network of volunteers, who are willing to contribute to this effort. If you’re up to it you will receive a daily messages & media package as well as targets. If you wish to participate, please respond to this email. If you respond to the email saying you would like to help, you receive another email from them going over the different ‘talking points’ Israel’s Ministry of Information wants to get into the news, blogs, etc. Some of these include—:

- Hamas hides in civilian infrastructure such as mosques and homes and effectively uses the people of Gaza as human shields
- Hamas still has the capability and desire of carrying out ‘terror attacks’ on Israelis living in southern Israel
- Hamas is receiving these weapons through tunnels from Egypt and with the support of Iran
- Israel has no intention of reassuming control of the Gaza Strip
- Israel does not want the Palestinian people to suffer—it is the fault of Hamas that civilians have died in the conflict
- Israel has delivered Humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip
- There is no humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip
- Only 12% of casualties were “uninvolved civilians” (compared to the UN’s report that it was closer to 50%)
- Israel exhausted all diplomatic approaches before invading
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:19 pm » by Cornbread714

slushpup wrote:Is there a link??

I was wondering the same thing.

*EDIT*
here's a link:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9df_1257880152
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:38 pm » by Lowsix

cornbread714 wrote:
slushpup wrote:Is there a link??

I was wondering the same thing.

*EDIT*
here's a link:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9df_1257880152

lol damn, somebody's right on that shit.
(it didnt have a link from there to the orig. im still looking for the source)

Nice..lol
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:44 pm » by Proto

this is not new i wonder why it pop ups just now , remember seeing it
at least 3 times in the past few months .
those bastards should pay me :P

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 pm » by Pindz

LowSix wrote:Israel's Foreign Ministry is hiring students and demobilized soldiers who will work around the clock writing pro-Israeli responses on Internet websites

Good Post !

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:48 pm » by Cornbread714

proto wrote:this is not new i wonder why it pop ups just now , remember seeing it

lol :D

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:53 pm » by Spock

proto wrote:this is not new i wonder why it pop ups just now , remember seeing it

No doubt. Sign me up for the paycheck too!

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:56 pm » by Proto

LowSix wrote:- Hamas hides in civilian infrastructure such as mosques and homes and effectively uses the people of Gaza as human shields
- Hamas still has the capability and desire of carrying out ‘terror attacks’ on Israelis living in southern Israel
- Hamas is receiving these weapons through tunnels from Egypt and with the support of Iran
- Israel does not want the Palestinian people to suffer—it is the fault of Hamas that civilians have died in the conflict
- Only 12% of casualties were “uninvolved civilians” (compared to the UN’s report that it was closer to 50%)

btw , all the above is true , you present it as propaganda but it's more like countering
the anti israeli propaganda .
i don't see anything wrong with presenting facts .

spock wrote:No doubt. Sign me up for the paycheck too!

lol , I'll let my commanding officer know you are interested :lol:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 11:59 pm » by Cornbread714

proto wrote:
LowSix wrote:- Hamas hides in civilian infrastructure such as mosques and homes and effectively uses the people of Gaza as human shields

btw , all the above is true , you present it as propaganda but it's more like countering
the anti israeli propaganda .
i don't see anything wrong with presenting facts .

Proto, I've respected your posts, but can you honestly say there is no humanitarian crisis in the Gaza strip?

Master Conspirator

PostWed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 am » by Lowsix

oh yeah, i should put this in.
I respect them too.

Your counters have all been well formed,
informed and levelheaded..

I dont agree with everything you say,
but neither am i a COMPLETE Palestinian apologist.

But im a huge fan of examining the "First Cause",
and no matter how its spun, no matter who attacked how in 1967,
there are some disproportionate measures being taken against
a people who are acting in the EXACT same manner any human would act under..

And the isrealis want us to forget that..and instead,
perceive them all well armed, maniacal, propaganda savvy,
well organized, legitimate battlefield combatants..

Instead of battle weary, oppressed,
abused beyond fucking belief population,
with hundreds and thousands of stories of grief rained down on them b the isrealis.

No amount of spin on the planet can negate what i've see with my own eyes..
Sorry, just aint happening.

BUT..i would say that i understand the NEED to counter at times...
Yes much of what you say is true as well..
Yes they (and the Arab world have contributed GREATLY)
yes they use propaganda, yes theyve used human shileds at times,
yes theyve launched from schools.

Im not a denialist, im a realist..
and Isreal bears the burden on this one..

Next