It is Time To Grow Up

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 09, 2011 11:42 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

nyarelathodep wrote:Its a matter of where you choose to cast your perspective/focus. The great majority live thier experience as if through the eyes of those around them, and make thier choices accordingly. Most of the time, this leads to stifling ones inner voice, and almost always leads to dissapointment/unhappiness. When one can gather in ones focus and begin living life through thier own eyes, and pay heed to thier own voice, it becomes much easier to understand what it is you love and want, and then obtain it. On the outside/external is where delusions such as fear and envy exist...once the perception becomes internalized, these concepts fade away. Its very liberating to know you dont give concern to what others think about you. The guy thats out there reading poetry alound in the streets, or dancing through the mall to no apparent music, or acting in some other socially "deviant" way has the tendancy to make "normal" observers very uncomfortable. Why? Because deep down within themselves, when all the pretension/excuses are stripped away, they know they dont have the courage to follow thier own inspiration for fear of what some stranger will think. Imitation truly is suicide. As Oscar Wilde once said "Most people are other people. Thier thoughts are other peoples opinions, thier lives a mimicry, thier passions...a quotation".

exactly :flop: but is it really the courage or brainwash?

Initiate

PostWed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 pm » by Nyarelathodep

freeyourmindnow wrote:
nyarelathodep wrote:Its a matter of where you choose to cast your perspective/focus. The great majority live thier experience as if through the eyes of those around them, and make thier choices accordingly. Most of the time, this leads to stifling ones inner voice, and almost always leads to dissapointment/unhappiness. When one can gather in ones focus and begin living life through thier own eyes, and pay heed to thier own voice, it becomes much easier to understand what it is you love and want, and then obtain it. On the outside/external is where delusions such as fear and envy exist...once the perception becomes internalized, these concepts fade away. Its very liberating to know you dont give concern to what others think about you. The guy thats out there reading poetry alound in the streets, or dancing through the mall to no apparent music, or acting in some other socially "deviant" way has the tendancy to make "normal" observers very uncomfortable. Why? Because deep down within themselves, when all the pretension/excuses are stripped away, they know they dont have the courage to follow thier own inspiration for fear of what some stranger will think. Imitation truly is suicide. As Oscar Wilde once said "Most people are other people. Thier thoughts are other peoples opinions, thier lives a mimicry, thier passions...a quotation".

exactly :flop: but is it really the courage or brainwash?

You know what I am saying...and whom I am talking about, my friend. Those that follow their hearts.
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 09, 2011 11:52 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

mikemess wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:Too many people seem to hold on too long to either the days of their youth or people of their youth. Growing up doesn't mean growing old or getting boring. i want to take steps for truly getting the most out of life! and how about you?

If you're still living for the week end... it's time to grow up. At some point you have to either do what you love or love what you do. Work should be quest for greatness and a sizable bounty, not a day to day grind. Dig deep and ask yourself, "What could I do to make loads of money, have a blast and make a difference. Millions of people around the world are doing it (believe it or not), so why not you? What's so special about you that you don't deserve that?

If you're friends still gossip and play power games... it's time to grow up. Life is too short to hang around people who suck energy and steal time. Move on with your life and find some friends that will kick you in the butt to succeed and celebrate every little victory in your life and theirs. The power of association real and it's truly amazing. If you hang around "energy suck" people you will be one of two things: an "energy suck" person or a person who never has energy. That's no way to live.

If you're still putting on a show... it's time to grow up. Drop the pretense and get over yourself. If you can't be yourself than who are you trying to be? The single most attractive quality of any human being is the ability to be comfortable in your own skin. Be who you are! If the people around you can't accept you for who you are, find people who will. It's seems scary at first but once you do it, you'll be liberated and the real you will come out even more. People will enjoy you and new friends will flock to you. You'll never go back to the "who" you were trying to be before.

If you're still trying to please everybody... it's time to grow up. Look, people are usually impossible to please. If you constantly feel the need to make other people happy and conflict free, you likely have a self value issue. It's not your job to make everyone else's life easier; it's your job to make life better, for you and for them. When you make your life better, you have the power to make the lives of others better. Until then, you're just masking your need to be needed and enabling others to use you. Harsh words, but truly freeing when you embrace them.

i think it is time for me to grow :?

Hey thanks for posting that! That's exactly what I needed to hear at this particular moment in my life. I just quit my job that I had for 9 years working for a woman who had a dream...she created the place I was working at and I was basically living in her world that she created.
I'm an artist and never had time to focus on my art. If I got to work late, I could be fired. I used to get up 9:00 to 7:00 for her shit and come home tired with no energy to do my shit. Why not sacrifice being poor for a short time and get up 9:00 to 7:00 and do my art just like I was doing for her ( she's just another human being..no higher or lower than me ).

So that's exactly what I'm doing!

Good post! People need to hear this! :flop:

i know exactly how you are feeling mate, i wish you the best and also for everybody here on DTV :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 am » by Freeyourmindnow

boondox681 wrote:i do none of these things.but i will proudly say that i am 42 going on 12.
FUCK THAT!
:flop:

i wish i could say that too boondox, but not yet. i am working on it :flop: :cheers:

Previous