it's been proved ! fox news makes people stupid..

Writer

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 am » by Postmodernmonk

A University of Maryland study (PDF) published earlier this month found that people in the survey who had the most exposure to Fox News were more likely to believe falsehoods and rumors about national and world affairs when compared to those who paid attention to other news outlets.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/stud ... rs-stupid/

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 12:55 am » by Illuminated

wow thats awesome (for liberals).

by chance did the dem party pay for this 'science'?

anywho sorry for the L/R bs its all a 1party oligarchy at the top :owned:

ps: no one? wtf!?
who-put-nanothermite-in-the-twin-towers-by-name-position-t38546.html
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Master Conspirator

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 1:18 am » by Boondox681

that would be 'proven',Einstein
you must be a beck fan
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 am » by Realorfake

boondox681 wrote:that would be 'proven',Einstein
you must be a beck fan

:flop:
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 1:35 am » by Spock

Still. I crave the day people that hate Fox so much, blast viewers, will tell us their source of media.

But they wish not to. Never once have I seen it.

So - here's the breakdown of the "enlightened"...

- Sorcha Faal
- al Jazeera
- Rinse.com
- MSNBC (in particular Rachel Maddow and Keith Olberman)
- Comedy Central / John Stewart
- HBO - Bill Maher
- RT (Russia Today)

Guaranteed - they will deny this, but the mantra is the exact same. So, I have to believe that if they really are NOT watching these, then there is a global secret club.

Kind of like this...
http://www.snotr.com/video/422

Initiate

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 4:08 am » by Fasteddie

as someone with half a brain and a veteran I cannot watch fox, the bias is nuts, believe it or not i ussually get my news from here. ctv(canadian),cnn, and BBC all this pundit shit is crazy I do enjoy keith olbermann tho from time to time....oh and also howard stern with the news with robin:P

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 4:13 am » by Spock

fasteddie wrote:as someone with half a brain and a veteran I cannot watch fox, the bias is nuts, believe it or not i ussually get my news from here. ctv(canadian),cnn, and BBC all this pundit shit is crazy I do enjoy keith olbermann tho from time to time....oh and also howard stern with the news with robin:P

See. I understand that, but I would also say you have bought into the massive onslaught of revisionist "feel good-ism" that world media spews today.

Sure Fox is biased - and PRAISE they are, because the world view media is the epitome of stepping into the belly of the beast and becoming the good sheep.

You can thank George Soros for much of it.

What the ultimate outcome of the media elite is - to enslave, stifle freedom, create a global commune.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 am » by Thebluecanary

I don't watch ANY news network anymore. Because none of them really "report" the news anymore, they commentate on it. I was stuck watching FOX news waiting for my old man to get out of the dentist a few weeks ago, and they reported fuck all about any of the important news that I'm sure was going on in the world...instead, two perfectly coiffed young women harangued each other for a solid hour about their differing opinions regarding some teenage girl who was kicked off the squad for refusing to cheer for the asshole who had been convicted of raping her, some other woman who said something stupid on national TV, and the fact that Charlie Sheen apparently got coked up and naked and beat up a hooker in a hotel room. (again.) The facts of those stories could have been given to me in 15 minutes, freeing up that other 45 for more news. Instead, Barbie vs Black Barbie (With occasional interjections by Guest Speaker Hispanic Barbie) drug on into a full hour of mostly unintelligible cluck-cluck-clucking over top of one another.

Watching MSNBC at my folks house the last time I was there wasn't much different. What happened to anchors who report the news and then move the fuck on? When did it become just some asshole expressing an opinion about the news over and over again? I don't need some asshole to tell me how to feel about the news. I'm perfectly capable of forming opinions on my own based just on the facts, thanks. I had that Critical Thinking class in college and I even did most of the homework. My opinion on it is that they ALL serve some agenda which involves spoon-feeding a canned opinion (Liberal, Conservative, whatever) to the viewing public so as to save the average American the trouble of examining the facts and coming to some sort of conclusion on their own. And it does seem that the overall IQ level of ALL "news" channels has dropped significantly because of this.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 17, 2010 7:00 am » by Redwoodrick

it's been proved ! fox news makes people stupid..
........"you are what you eat"
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.