J J Abrams is Directing STARWARS Episode 7!!!!

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 am » by Troll2rocks

Yes, the same guy who is putting final touches to his STAR TREK sequel, INTO DARKNESS.

WAIT..... WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! STAR TREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... oohhhhh you are in for it in geekdom Abrams.

Obviously this has caused a great deal of outrage between the Trekkies and the StarWars nuts, who are as I type, trolling the ever loving s*** out of each over.

J J Abrams gave a blunt media denial a few months back when he stressed he had no plans on taking on the franchise.

Something which is further enraging the STARWARS fans, is the brand new logo reveal...

Why on earth would that cause outrage, looks fine right... ? well...

If you look closely you will notice those lense flares. Something JJ Abrams covered the reboot of Star Trek in, and pretty much everything cinematic he has done, and it annoys the s*** out of people.

Look....

Now look at the STARWARS logo again...

J J Abrams and Walt Disney are trolling the s*** out of everyone! :flop:

One thing I can guarantee you, that once episode 7 is in the can, Abrams is going to lense flare the s*** out of the lightsabre fights.

Actually I doubt you will be able to see the screen for flares.

This being said, the STAR TREK reboot was really good, and from the 15 or so minutes I have seen of the sequel INTO DARKNESS. It looks to be on par.

Fingers crossed this is the dawn of a great new trilogy.

Just reign in those flares Abrams.

PS, Your mystery box will not work on STARWARS fans, they will know every single frame of your film before it even opens, as is the custom with STARWARS uber geeks.

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Writer

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 2:04 am » by Gignac

Im glad im not the only one who thinks his use of lens flare is absurd. I love the show Fringe, but he uses them as scene transitions for christ sakes. Just my opinion, i think star wars is played out. The first 3 were good for their time. the prequels sucked. the clone wars cartoon is better than all the movies. The movie industry wont take chances anymore, thats why the best stuff comes from small, artist driven studios. I would like to see a big budget Dune redux. but that's just me.

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 2:05 am » by -Marduk-

Jar Jar INTO DARKNESS

It's as if millions of fanboys suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced...

:o

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 2:50 am » by Constabul

Oh yeah starwars fans feeel that lens flare burn we star trek fans had to endure as a franchise died..

Tho really, i hope disney does right, lucas only did the prequels because his ex took most of his money, and blind faith of fans filled that hole in his wallet in return for shit with the name starwars scribbled in a turd.

not only once but three times...

Star Trek reboot was painful, I'm hoping the next one will redeem .. but all hope of the original series and Tng are gone.
I would have liked to see levar burton as gordi be the next movie or series. is a great actor and vary intelligent.. could have potential.

Blah blah...
anyway.. yeah it will sting in the morning

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 am » by Jet17

I can't wait, JJ is definitely on the top of directors.

His show LOST was my favorite show of all time besides Dexter.

Every director has their thing, Michael Bay with explosions, Michael Moore with lying, Stephen Spielberg making inaccurate movies, John Carpenter obsessed with making generic beat sampler soundtracks.

JJ is a Genius.
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 am » by Jet17

When did Marduk become Galvatron?
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 3:01 am » by Constabul

Been awhile, he had a, From a caterpillar to a butterfly type of transformation. (directed by Michael Bay)

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 am » by *WillEase*

I thought his Star Trek remake was awesome, flares and all. As for Star Wars...we'll see. Any trailers yet?

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 am » by Troll2rocks

Jet17 wrote:I can't wait, JJ is definitely on the top of directors.

His show LOST was my favorite show of all time besides Dexter.

Every director has their thing, Michael Bay with explosions, Michael Moore with lying, Stephen Spielberg making inaccurate movies, John Carpenter obsessed with making generic beat sampler soundtracks.

JJ is a Genius.

Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 am » by Noentry

I really liked the Star Trek remake.
It was for me a great film.
The Star Trek franchise needed a new angle and I think they achieved it with this new layout.
All the characters have had their past changed and it makes for an fresh start for The whole Star Trek universe.
Kirk is setup to be even more reckless then before.
Spock will have a greater affinity for Earth and humans, interested to see where the Uhura love interest will go.
The only thing I thought they got wrong was Scotty.
The rest was brill.

I just hope he does the Star Wars franchise justice.
Considering the success of the previous Star Wars films, if he screws it up, his career will be over.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Next