James Holmes' Attorneys Not Allowed to See Him

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 pm

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 1:03 am » by Middleman


Opalserpent wrote:They took our guns away and Australian crime went up heaps.

Bullshit about the crime thing...and I am a gun owner (just a .22 for plinking bunnies, but still).

We never had a big gun culture to begin with, and you can still buy a long gun or shotgun, just not semi autos or pumps. Farmers and professional pig hunters can still get an SKS or other serious weapons if they can demonstrate a need. People still shoot pistols at gun clubs and ranges, but their gun doesn't go home with them. Idiot security guards are still walking around with .357s and 9mms on their hips.

If someone came out with evidence tomorrow that Bryant was a mind control victim, I would not be at all surprised, but that doesn't mean we should start pulling lies out of Charlton Heston's cold, dead anus, does it?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 1:13 am » by Opalserpent


Middleman wrote:
Opalserpent wrote:They took our guns away and Australian crime went up heaps.

Bullshit about the crime thing...and I am a gun owner (just a .22 for plinking bunnies, but still).

We never had a big gun culture to begin with, and you can still buy a long gun or shotgun, just not semi autos or pumps. Farmers and professional pig hunters can still get an SKS or other serious weapons if they can demonstrate a need. People still shoot pistols at gun clubs and ranges, but their gun doesn't go home with them. Idiot security guards are still walking around with .357s and 9mms on their hips.

If someone came out with evidence tomorrow that Bryant was a mind control victim, I would not be at all surprised, but that doesn't mean we should start pulling lies out of Charlton Heston's cold, dead anus, does it?




Really, please provide some evidence that crime did not infact go up?

I have a mate now who loves guns and has them hidden away.

When I was living in sydney I was in redfern in a lodge and shady crims would offer us the chance to buy
a gun for 2000 or keychain gun for 800 cash. They weren't hard to get either neither was chop chop and everything else.
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 pm

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 1:22 am » by Middleman


Normally I'd say "you made the claim, you provide the evidence", but here you go. There's no big rise, and no connection to the gun thing.

http://www.aic.gov.au/en/statistics/vio ... ctims.aspx

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 1:24 am » by Opalserpent


I feel sorry for people that are quick to argue with me with no evidence, good luck.


http://www.gunsandcrime.org/auresult.html

Looking at the graph of the Australian assault rates from 1991 through 2004, it appears that something bad was at work in Australia until near the end of that period. The assault rate increased every year at a high rate. (And, in fact, for many years preceding.) Note, too, that the rates do not vary much from the basic trend. This means that the data are not affected by chance as much as it is by underlying causes. The relationship seen is a reliable one.

It is true, as claimed by gun possession advocates, that the assault rate has increased a lot since the ban/buyback.


LOL


Both robbery and armed robbery went up a bit in '96, then increased at a higher rate during the buyback period in '97, then again at a lower rate in '98. The rate increase for '96 would have been larger if it were not artificially depressed as a result of robberies being extraordinarily low for the 2/3 year immediately after the Port Arthur massacre. The robbery rates dropped a bit in '99 and 2000, but stayed higher than '97 or preceding years all the way up to '04. The rate for overall robbery had been increasing steadily from '91 through '95, although not as fast as afterward, while the rate of armed robbery was nearly constant during this period



Oh, so taking the guns did nothing to slow criminal robberies? well then, I must be wrong and full of crap like the poster
who dared to say that I was wrong. LOLLOOLOLOLOLOL



SUMMARY: The rates for both robbery and armed robbery rose faster for a couple of years after '96 than they had before, then stayed higher for several years. The burglary rate appears to have been affected only in '96, although this could easily have been a chance effect. The fall-offs for all three after '01 were too late to be attributed to the '96 gun changes. The chart looks a bit like a short-term increase in robbery may have occurred after '96 until about '04. Maybe criminals were emboldened for a few years by the thought that potential victims would not be able to defend themselves.


SUMMARY: The homicide rates provide no support for a proposition that the ban/buyback has helped. However, they also do not indicate that the ban/buyback caused anything, good or bad.



So basically it made no difference to take our guns away.

We are both right I suppose, Taking our guns away had no significant impact except to remove our personal right to bare arms.
Though as I said above it's easy to get guns for money in cities. All banning guns has done is create a black market for criminals
to enjoy.

Do you agree middleman?
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 1:26 am » by Opalserpent


Middleman wrote:Normally I'd say "you made the claim, you provide the evidence", but here you go. There's no big rise, and no connection to the gun thing.

http://www.aic.gov.au/en/statistics/vio ... ctims.aspx



LOL, you would believe anything the government says, llolooololololol, suppose you support the carbon tax and buying credits from overseas scammer bankers.

Peace on earth middleman, I enjoy your argument, it pleases me.

Anyway, you were mostly right, crime didn't go up significantly for long but I woudn't believe anything our
puppet labor party goverment says. They just follow the international line and sell us and our land
out to foreign interests who will eventually bankrupt us if labor is allowed to continue borrowing
money from international banks.

What do you think about the banknote scandal middleman?

Where a whistle blower had to come forward to expose the corruption and bribery of our foreign owned
plastic money printing company securancy who is owned by innovia a brittish plastics company?

We aren't even a republic.
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 1:42 am » by Opalserpent


Check this out middleman, The rba website doesn't even answer their own faq about who owns the rba.

http://www.rba.gov.au/qa/role.html#own


http://www.exposeddeception.com/index.php?topic=20.0

We think we own our country.
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 pm

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:36 am » by Middleman


Opalserpent wrote:Looking at the graph of the Australian assault rates from 1991 through 2004, it appears that something bad was at work in Australia until near the end of that period.


What happened was Afghanistan. After the invasion, the price of heroin world wide dropped, or the quality rose (same thing), as all the farmers who the Taliban had intimidated into not planting poppies in 2000-2001 could now do so with impunity. That had an effect on the number of common assaults and robberies, but it wasn't some massive jump in crime stats overall.

Opalserpent wrote:Oh, so taking the guns did nothing to slow criminal robberies?


Be serious man. You know very well that even before the gun buy back, it was extremely difficult to legally get a hand gun in Australia that you could take away from the club. The only people who got carry permits were security guards and folks like doctors in isolated regions who were targets for drug robberies, and even they were a tiny number.

Australia has never had a popular gun culture. They're simply tools to most us, not symbols (or protectors) of freedom.

Opalserpent wrote:All banning guns has done is create a black market for criminals...Do you agree middleman?


I agree that the gun buy back has not stopped professional criminals from being armed(and they almost exclusively shoot each other, not civilians) but it has had the effect of limiting the ability of spree killers like Martin Bryant or Wade Frankum to kill many people in a short period of time, which is what it was designed to do.


Regarding the RBA in general, and the bank note scandal specifically, we have the same issues with corrupt banksters and politicians as the rest of the Anglosphere. It's not like I'm some big government advocate, but I hate it when Aussies swallow and regurgitate the illogical and dishonest NRA line, as if it has any relevance to our country or gun culture.


peace, and I've also enjoyed the argument. :cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 3:45 am » by Opalserpent


Middleman wrote:
Opalserpent wrote:Looking at the graph of the Australian assault rates from 1991 through 2004, it appears that something bad was at work in Australia until near the end of that period.


What happened was Afghanistan. After the invasion, the price of heroin world wide dropped, or the quality rose (same thing), as all the farmers who the Taliban had intimidated into not planting poppies in 2000-2001 could now do so with impunity. That had an effect on the number of common assaults and robberies, but it wasn't some massive jump in crime stats overall.

Opalserpent wrote:Oh, so taking the guns did nothing to slow criminal robberies?


Be serious man. You know very well that even before the gun buy back, it was extremely difficult to legally get a hand gun in Australia that you could take away from the club. The only people who got carry permits were security guards and folks like doctors in isolated regions who were targets for drug robberies, and even they were a tiny number.

Australia has never had a popular gun culture. They're simply tools to most us, not symbols (or protectors) of freedom.

Opalserpent wrote:All banning guns has done is create a black market for criminals...Do you agree middleman?


I agree that the gun buy back has not stopped professional criminals from being armed(and they almost exclusively shoot each other, not civilians) but it has had the effect of limiting the ability of spree killers like Martin Bryant or Wade Frankum to kill many people in a short period of time, which is what it was designed to do.


Regarding the RBA in general, and the bank note scandal specifically, we have the same issues with corrupt banksters and politicians as the rest of the Anglosphere. It's not like I'm some big government advocate, but I hate it when Aussies swallow and regurgitate the illogical and dishonest NRA line, as if it has any relevance to our country or gun culture.


peace, and I've also enjoyed the argument. :cheers:




Thanks middleman, We should end debate their I suppose.

I can't see them prying the guns out off the swiss peoples hands. Pedos are scared of girls with
their own pink 22's, I'm sure yours isn't pink orcourse. hehe.

Image

Hey middleman, I know lot's of professional criminals work for our government, mabey they have guns too. kidding, they don't need them. Have a nice day. :cheers:
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook