Jesus(74) was crucified on April 7, 30 AD (7/4/30)

Initiate

PostTue Nov 23, 2010 3:53 am » by Bradwatson

I have ben doing some 'lazy research' on the true date of Jesus' crucifixion for many years. On the BibleWheel.com/forum today, I came across Friday April 7, 30 AD and it aligning with the first day of the eight-day-festival of Passover (8 letters). Members of this forum who have read my posts know that I have an obsession with the recurring numerical pattern of GOD=7_4. April 7 = 4/7 or 7/4 outside the US. 'Coincidence'? I googled Jesus crucifixion date and got the following article from TIME Magazine...

TIME Magazine
Religion: Bible Lit
Monday, Jan. 13, 1941

>The date of the Crucifixion can now be fixed as April 7, 30 A.D.

These were typical pronouncements last week at the 76th meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature and Exegesis, at the Union Theological Seminary in Manhattan. Familiarly known as Bib Lit, it includes America's foremost Protestant, Jewish and Catholic authorities on the Bible, and gives them what the American Association for the Advancement of Science (see p. 44) gives scientists: an annual opportunity to forgather and exchange notes on progress in Biblical research.

Most controversial paper at the meeting was read by Dr. Albert Ten Eyck Olmstead, professor of Oriental history at the University of Chicago. A decade ago he began writing a history of the Near East, found such disagreement among scholars over the origins of Christianity that he "was compelled to devote precious years to the investigation of the New Testament for myself." Historian Olmstead's findings made most of his Bib Lit colleagues sputter. They think the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke) give the truest picture of Christ's life, assign a much later date to St. John's Gospel. Dr. Olmstead said roundly that it was the earliest, written only a few years after the Crucifixion, and by far the most reliable of the four. It is the only one with a coherent chronology, he declared, and the only one which reveals a sound legal understanding of the various trials of Christ.

Biblical criticism is indeed in for overhauling if Dr. Olmstead's thesis is accepted. He has worked out a schedule of exact dates for all Christ's ministry, based on the recent discovery of astronomical tablets for the Babylonian calendar (which the Jews used after their return from their Babylonian captivity). Most authorities say Jesus was 33 when He died; Dr. Olmstead thinks He was nearly 50. He cuts down the accepted period between Baptism and Crucifixion from nearly four years to less than two, fixing the former date late in 28 A.D. and the latter on April 7, 30 A.D., the only day about that time when Passover came late in the week...

Time.com on Digg
- Brad Watson, Miami, FL
author of 'There Are No Coincidences - there is synchronism'
discoverer of 'plan-it theory': GOD=7_4 or FOD=6_4

Initiate

PostTue Nov 23, 2010 6:44 am » by Caaron

I read or heard Mary conceived Jesus on July 7th. not Dec. 25th. as were led to believe.
"let food be your medicine and let medicine be your food."

Initiate

PostTue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 am » by Septeloid

caaron wrote:I read or heard Mary conceived Jesus on July 7th. not Dec. 25th. as were led to believe.

I think you mean born on July 7th not, conceived.

Anyway, as with a lot of Christian Festivals and Feast Days, the early Church adopted Pagan beliefs to make the Christian ideology more palatable to them.

The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. It was observed near the winter solstice.
''A man with nothing left becomes fully empowered, and he is the most unassailable weapon.''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZ8B8u4CUo

Initiate

PostTue Nov 23, 2010 7:57 am » by Caaron

septeloid wrote:
caaron wrote:I read or heard Mary conceived Jesus on July 7th. not Dec. 25th. as were led to believe.

I think you mean born on July 7th not, conceived.

Anyway, as with a lot of Christian Festivals and Feast Days, the early Church adopted Pagan beliefs to make the Christian ideology more palatable to them.

The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. It was observed near the winter solstice.
Thank you that's what I meant.
:)

Initiate

PostTue Nov 23, 2010 8:00 am » by Strider2

Given Christ's teachings (or perhaps more accurately - his attempt at teachings) wouldn't those be just a tad more important than just what his birthday was, or the exact date of his death etc. etc. Should you cross yourself down-up-left-right, or is it up-down-right-left and won't you go to hell if you did it wrong?

It just seems to me that people get all caught up in details and minutiae and then totally miss the point of his message. The biggest lie has to be that "oooh he died for our sins" - excuse me people - how does someone dieing 2000 years ago absolve you of shit you did 2000 years later? (I *just know* someone has an explanation for that too :roll: )

There is a difference between spirituality and religion, and they most certainly should not be confused with each-other.

Initiate

PostWed Nov 24, 2010 11:20 pm » by Bradwatson

septeloid wrote:As with a lot of Christian Festivals and Feast Days, the early Church adopted Pagan beliefs to make the Christian ideology more palatable to them. The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. It was observed near the winter solstice.

Septeloid,

Thanks for that reply. A couple of things, though...

The early Roman Church proclaimed December 25, not the Eastern Orthodox Church. 440 AD? Have you got any resource or link? Satunalia Festival is quite correct, but that was not the celebration of the sun god Mithras - they got connected. Dec. 21 was the winter solstice and the Egyptians adopted the 365 day solar calendar and the Babylonian 360 day calendar, so they observed the five-day-difference as a holiday74. The Romans did the same. The early Roman & Eastern Church didn't know the real birthday of Jesus74, so can we blame them for chosing Dec. 25?! :wink:

- Brad Watson, Miami, FL

Initiate

PostWed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 pm » by Ladysphinx

Jesus was also born in April, in the six month Mary was told she shall conceive, she was pregnant a month later and carried full term. The six month is June. Count 9 months form then, it's April. She gave birth when the herds men was in the field. December is in the winter and the to cold for the herdsmen to be in the field. The other thing is that Jesus was born in the time when the sheep lambed which is in April. Also When Jesus began to be about thirty years of age he started preaching that was also in April. Anything important in God calendar happen in April. December was the birth of the sun God, celebrating Xmas is worshiping the sun God.
I Don't suffer from insanity, I love every moment of it

Initiate

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 6:18 am » by Caaron

ladysphinx wrote:Jesus was also born in April, in the six month Mary was told she shall conceive, she was pregnant a month later and carried full term. The six month is June. Count 9 months form then, it's April. She gave birth when the herds men was in the field. December is in the winter and the to cold for the herdsmen to be in the field. The other thing is that Jesus was born in the time when the sheep lambed which is in April. Also When Jesus began to be about thirty years of age he started preaching that was also in April. Anything important in God calendar happen in April. December was the birth of the sun God, celebrating Xmas is worshiping the sun God.

Then maybe I heard correct, he was conceived on July 7th. As stated in my original thread. Sorry septeloid, but thanks.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 6:29 am » by Roadkill

Is this why April first is April Fools Day?
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Initiate

PostThu Nov 25, 2010 6:36 am » by Septeloid

caaron wrote:
ladysphinx wrote:Jesus was also born in April, in the six month Mary was told she shall conceive, she was pregnant a month later and carried full term. The six month is June. Count 9 months form then, it's April. She gave birth when the herds men was in the field. December is in the winter and the to cold for the herdsmen to be in the field. The other thing is that Jesus was born in the time when the sheep lambed which is in April. Also When Jesus began to be about thirty years of age he started preaching that was also in April. Anything important in God calendar happen in April. December was the birth of the sun God, celebrating Xmas is worshiping the sun God.

Then maybe I heard correct, he was conceived on July 7th. As stated in my original thread. Sorry septeloid, but thanks.

I was just correcting what I perceived as a misinterpretation by your good self of the 25th December as being the celebrated birth of Jesus, not the conception. :flop:
''A man with nothing left becomes fully empowered, and he is the most unassailable weapon.''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZ8B8u4CUo

Next