Jesus had a "trouble and strife"

Initiate

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 6:41 pm » by Boatman

Shhhhh Don't tell the Dyed in the wool Christians they will Hang, Draw, and quarter you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 pm » by Icarus1

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 6:53 pm » by Bleever

Boatman wrote:Shhhhh Don't tell the Dyed in the wool Christians they will Hang, Draw, and quarter you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am that Christian you speak of, however, I think you got your religions mixed up. I respect anyone's opinion when it comes to my faith. I will not stand in judgement of anyone.

Just wanted to respectfully let you know that there are Christians who feel the exact same way as I do. That being said, I understand where you are coming from b/c there are some bat shit crazy fundamentalists that would have a hard time with this thread.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 6:58 pm » by Icarus1

heres a little song for all the fundys out there , of whatever faith,

Upload to Disclose.tv

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Initiate

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 6:59 pm » by Boatman

Didn't mean to offend Beleever. I used to be a Christian but i grew up. I don't believe in any Deity now only Nature, and it's wonderments. :flop:

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 pm » by Bleever

Boatman wrote:Didn't mean to offend Beleever. I used to be a Christian but i grew up. I don't believe in any Deity now only Nature, and it's wonderments. :flop:

Good for you Boatman,...sounds like you found your way and it will no doubt lead to happiness...cheers mate!

I worship the creator not the creation, but all is good!!

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 pm » by Jet17

Just more crap (probably hoaxed or not tangible to Jesus at all) to make people believe that Jesus actually existed.

Lets not forget that outside of the non historical document known as the bible. that Jesus isn't mentioned outside of it in any historically factual way.
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 7:37 pm » by Bleever

Jet17 wrote:Just more crap (probably hoaxed or not tangible to Jesus at all) to make people believe that Jesus actually existed.

Lets not forget that outside of the non historical document known as the bible. that Jesus isn't mentioned outside of it in any historically factual way.

Hey Jet, not to derail this thread, but how have you been. Its been a crazy campaign year. Any idea how it will shake out?

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 pm » by Poooooot

Jet17 wrote:Lets not forget that outside of the non historical document known as the bible. that Jesus isn't mentioned outside of it in any historically factual way.

Actually, that's not entirely true...

Titus Flavius Josephus (a first century historian) wrote of him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus
The overwhelming majority of modern scholars consider the reference in Book 20, Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" to be authentic and to have the highest level of authenticity among the references of Josephus to Christianity. Almost all modern scholars consider the reference in Book 18, Chapter 5, 2 of the Antiquities to the imprisonment and death of John the Baptist to also be authentic.

As did the Roman Empire senator (and historian) Gaius Cornelius Tacitus...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus
In his Annals, in book 15, chapter 44, written c. 116 AD, there is a passage which refers to Christ, to Pontius Pilate, and to a mass execution of the Christians after a six-day fire that burned much of Rome in July 64 AD by Nero.

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.

This narration has long attracted scholarly interest because it is a rare non-Christian reference to the origin of Christianity, the execution of Christ described in the Canonical gospels, and the persecution of Christians in 1st-century Rome. Almost all scholars consider these references to the Christians to be authentic.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 pm » by *WillEase*

Bleever wrote:It's all speculation, there is no proof.

That being said, I live by faith that the bible is God's word and I use it, follow it systematically. Jesus refers to the church as his bride, perhaps this is what is meant on that tiny little piece of papyrus?

This will come down to what you choose to believe.

Exactly my point. :flop:
PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

PreviousNext