Jesus...Was he a very proficient Magician

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 12:39 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Was Jesus a Magician?

The first priests were probably magicians. And, they were also the first scientists. Tribal shamans claimed supernatural powers, to help their chiefs control the people and enhance their own power. To maintain credibility, these claims were buttressed by marvelous feats. So we can imagine that they, like magicians of today, incorporated a good deal of natural science to fool their unsophisticated audience.

Imagine an ancient priest discovering a bit of black powder that, when tossed in a fire, explodes in a flash of light. Would he rush off a paper to the Neanderthal Review about this new discovery? Or would he secretly incorporate the discovery into some ceremony, saving it for a strategic time when rebellion was brewing or when warriors needed the extra courage that comes with the assurance that the power of the universe is on your side?

The Book of Daniel tells about the Temple of Bel (or Baal, or Marduk) in Babylon, during the occupation by the Persian king Cyrus. The priests of Bel insisted that, each night, a great feast be laid before the feet of Bel's idol in the temple - or else Cyrus would face dire consequences. The temple was sealed, and as proof of the reality of Bel, the next morning all the food would be gone.

This was also the time of the exile of the Jews in Babylon, and their own priest, Daniel, knew a trick or two himself. So he surreptitiously sprinkled a fine dust of ashes on the floor of the temple, just before it was sealed for the night. The next morning, footprints revealed the trodden paths between the idol and secret openings in the temple walls, through which the priests removed the food each night for a feast at the expense of King Cyrus. Needless to say, that was the end of that generation of priests of Bel.

In the first century, Pliny the Elder wrote about a sect of Jews who practiced magic. Moses was probably their greatest magician. Moses and Aaron had gained fame by tricks performed for the Pharaoh. The staff that became a snake when Aaron cast it on the ground was probably a known species of Egyptian cobra that can be made stiff and motionless by pressure in back of the head. The trick has been repeated by modern Egyptian wizards.

After being ejected from Egypt, perhaps as the result of his deceits, Moses called upon miracle after miracle to keep the people together during their wanderings in the desert. When he entered the Tabernacle, a tent that was pitched each night outside camp for Moses to use to speak with God, smoke and sparks would greet his entry. Black powder again?

Closer to our age, we can examine the known historical facts about the origins of modern religions. Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, the fastest-growing religion in America, started in New York state as a "necromancer" and treasure hunter. He made a living using a divining rod and "seer stone" to search for buried Indian treasures, Spanish gold, and silver mines that rumors said could be found deep underground. He was once convicted of being an "impostor." He apparently had little success at his little business - until he discovered the Book of Mormon.

A century ago, Madame Helena Blavatzky, the founder of Theosophy, was discovered using various deceptions for her claimed "miracles." This did not mark the end of theosophy. Believers of all faiths are notoriously blind to alternate explanations for the wondrous events associated with their prophets.

Other religious leaders, from Saint Paul and Mohammed to Ellen G. White had visions very suggestive of epileptic attack. Hippocrates (c. 460-370 B.C.E.) had called epilepsy the "sacred disease," while recognizing it for what it is - a brain disorder.

Which brings me to the most influential religions figure in history, Jesus. No one even knows if Jesus really existed, since the New Testament is our only near-contemporary source, and it is filled with contradictions - besides being a far-from-objective source. Reliable histories of that period say that magic and superstition where widespread, and charlatans preyed on the fears of ignorant people.

The Bible reports that Jesus was accused of practicing magic, and that his following resulted from his ability to perform miracles. The second century Roman philosopher Celus is quoted in the writings of the early Christian apologist Origen as saying that Jesus learned the arts of magic on Egypt, and then returned to his own country with these acquired skills.

We will probably never know. But applying law of parsimony, which demands that rational people assume the simplest hypothesis in explaining events, it seems very likely that Jesus, if he exited, was a talented magician.

Vic Stenger...

Based on "The Transcendental Temptation" by Paul Kurtz

In this widely acclaimed and highly controversial book, Paul Kurtz examines the reasons why people accept supernatural and paranormal belief systems in spite of substantial evidence to the contrary. According to the author, it is because there is within the human species a deeply rooted tendency toward magical thinking - the "transcendental temptation" - which undermines critical judgment and paves the way for willful beliefs. He explores in detail the three major monotheistic religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - finding striking psychological and sociological parallels between these religions, the spiritualism of the 19th century, and the paranormal belief systems of today. There are sections on mysticism, belief in the afterlife, the existence of God, reincarnation, astrology, and ufology. Kurtz also explains the nature of skepticism as an antidote to belief in the transcendental.
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 12:42 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 1:04 am » by 99socks

The entire Old Testament is riddled with Hebrew priests acting as magicians. Once you know what you are reading (urim and thummin etc.) and really start paying attention, it becomes obvious; lots, divination, and ordeals abound. The thing about it is- magic was reserved for the Levite class. Once people stop filtering the Jews as a group that was "different" from others around them and just take them at face value, they are NO different from any other group living in Canaan.

If anyone has studied Kabbalah they know this, too.

Jesus of course was a magician- all of the Essenes were. I am always blown by naive people who want to claim him as a "Jew." Jesus was NOT in any way, shape or form, an average Jew who had to wait for the Priests to do something for him. He was a leader of the Essenes, and probably one of the greatest magicians alive at the time.

People like Simon Magus stirred up a stink because of their intentions, and because they were not of the priestly cast. Otherwise, commanding demons, healing people, and performing all sorts of "tricks" are totally within the realm of the norm for the Jewish and Christian communities at the time- just like in Rome. And Greece. And Egypt...

Super Moderator

PostThu May 01, 2014 1:51 am » by The57ironman

...HOLD ON A MINUTE..

................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Initiate

PostThu May 01, 2014 1:56 am » by kentr b

personally,i think jc was more of a phycologist ,than magician
i think the magic/miracle aspect came from those that couldnt grasp the phycology
the moneychangers
they were real good writers,but lacked the compasion to act in humble ways to thier fellow man
like hypothetically,walking on water is how,understanding water was written by someone who didnt understand water
walking with god is how it was written by someone who didnt understand how god talks
but thats just my opinion
god said this or god said that, doesnt cut it for me anymore
not the written versions anyways
those versions have been hijacked by magicians,lol
:sunny:

Initiate

PostThu May 01, 2014 2:39 am » by SonOfGodEternalFlame

John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

magic is of darkness
please my friend don't be confused because God holds true power that new age ascended masters,
conscious evolutionist and occultist will never ever ever achieve it. Death has been defeated accept it
and light will shine through the darkness. :idea:

Conspirator

PostThu May 01, 2014 8:29 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Chaindrive wrote:Image

therefore.................... who gives a shit.?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I would class myself as 'unhealthily' Anti-Abrahamic Religion ( in belief, not iconology and history ) However any person who believes that the whole of the Bible is fictitious is a fool IMO. I would class that opinion as a blind opinion and not that of a person capable of research or sifting fiction from fact..Even works such as the Odyssey an Iliad are being proven to have been based on corrupted historical fact .

You, however, strike me as a person more than capable of the above positives, so I am guessing, you are just Trolling...

:o not

Initiate

PostThu May 01, 2014 4:14 pm » by kentr b

SonOfGodEternalFlame wrote:John 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

magic is of darkness
please my friend don't be confused because God holds true power that new age ascended masters,
conscious evolutionist and occultist will never ever ever achieve it. Death has been defeated accept it
and light will shine through the darkness. :idea:

every man/woman....a light
obviously,its the labels that stop them from shining
check this out my friend,a manual how god speaks to folks

THE VISION OF ENOCH

THE MOST ANCIENT REVELATION

God Speaks to Man

I speak to you.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I spoke to you
When you were born.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I spoke to you
At your first sight.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I spoke to you
At your first word.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I spoke to you
At your first thought.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I spoke to you
At your first love.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I spoke to you
At your first song.
Be still
Know I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the grass of the meadows.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the trees of the forests.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the valleys and the hills.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the Holy Mountains.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the rain and the snow.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the waves of the sea.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the dew of the morning.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the peace of the evening.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the splendor of the sun.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the brilliant stars.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the storm and the clouds.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I speak to you
Through the thunder and lightning.
Be still
Know
I am
God

I speak to you
Through the mysterious rainbow.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I will speak to you
When you are alone.
Be still
Know
I am
God

I will speak to you
Through the Wisdom of the Ancients.
Be still
Know
I am
God

I will speak to you
At the end of time.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I will speak to you
When you have seen my Angels.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

I will speak to you
Throughout Eternity.
Be still
Know
I am
God

I speak to you.
Be still
Know
I am
God.

thats an amazing insight for me
not one mention of church or bibles
not one label
then theres jc sayin something like....the letter is dead
somethin about the new testament is in spirit
bible quotes have lost thier salt

and dont forget john describing god....as love

in the enoch vision, it says, god spoke to each of us at our first love
my first love was my mothers tit,lol
im pretty sure our mothers are our first love

imo,the light is in your capacity to love
no love,no light
a little love,a little light
a lot of love,a lot of light

i got a funny story,sort of
the other day,i was having a convo with one of my work mates
he's christian and also a deacon at his church
the topic was homelessness
i said, that im baffled that in the town i live in,that we have a homeless problem
there are 12 churches in my town and that the doors are locked every night and all week,exept sunday
well,i didnt expect to offend anyone,but i guess i did
his comeback was that,you cant turn these churches into homeless shelters
he said there is kids that attend and that they shouldnt be exposed to the life styles of the homeless
empty bottles,condoms and needles sort of thing
like i said,he was offended and i got his arms up so i didnt press the point,lol
now i have an angle to bring it up in a different way ( another day,lol )

the flaw in his reasoning ,imo,is that he is painting the homeless in a very narrow landscape
not all homelessness is drug and alcohol related
for whatever reason,he thinks so
this troubles my mind,cause i know some of the other reasons for homelessness
most of them are monetary in nature
when i moved back to this town in 95,i expirienced homelessness with my two kids for 3 months because of a zero vacancy reason
was making good coin and living in tents,lol
only moved out cause a bear with cubs had raided our campsite,lol
i was able to rent a place for the winter,it was a counslers house at a summer camp
it was run by the catholic church
this house was the one that had the camp showers, in the lower floor and we were staying on the upper floor
one night when the lights were low,i could see this light coming from the floor under the sink in the bathroom
when i went in the bathroom to investigate,it was an oversized hole in the floor for the drain from the sink
it was right over the girls shower
nestled against the backside of the pipe was a little piece of mirror and a good view of the girls showers
the camp is for kids,so do the math

smoke and mirrors
the light seems covered in dark
the letter is dead
we put our children in the hands of dead letters

its not magic,its a severe case of naivity

:cheers:

Super Moderator

PostThu May 01, 2014 4:23 pm » by The57ironman

kentr b wrote:the camp is for kids,so do the math

smoke and mirrors
the light seems covered in dark
the letter is dead
we put our children in the hands of dead letters

its not magic,its a severe case of naivity

:cheers:

ugh...

:cheers: bro
................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostThu May 01, 2014 4:34 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Plain and simple, Jesus and his disciples were the "First Tent Show". "Lay down your crutches and walk"

Next