Jimmy Carter Sued for $5 Million for Criticism of Israel

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 05, 2011 4:57 am » by Harbin

Jesus Christ these fucking jews have NO shame...

Jimmy Carter Sued for $5 Million for Criticism of Israel
Book's Criticism 'Violates NY Consumer Protection Law' Insists Lawyer
by Jason Ditz, February 03, 2011
Email This | Print This | Share This | Antiwar Forum

In a move that calls back to the attempt by Texas cattlemen to sue Oprah Winfrey for “defamation of beef.” an Israeli lawyer has filed a class-action lawsuit against former President Jimmy Carter, seeking $5 million in damages because his book “Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid” allegedly defamed Israel.

Attorney Nitsana Darshan-Leitner insisted that Carter’s book violated New York State’s Consumer Protection Laws by asserting things, largely that Israel was not inherently reasonable and Syria was not inherently unreasonable, that “even a child” knows is untrue.

The suit went on to condemn Carter, saying he had an “agenda of anti-Israel propaganda” and condemned publisher Simon and Shuster for advertising the book as a work on non-fiction. The legal complaint insists Carter has the right to publish a book “to put forward his virulent anti-Israel bias” but insisted that such a book could only be sold as a work of fiction.

Lawsuits against authors alleging “defamation” of the government or a key ally, though common in some Mideast dictatorships, have never been particulary common nor successful in the United States. Likewise, it does not appear that New York’s Consumer Protection Law explicitly forbids criticism of Israel in a work of non-fiction, though if true this would surely make for an interesting Constitutional challenge to such a law.

Simon and Schuster spokesman Adam Rothberg condemned the lawsuit as a “chillling attack on free speech” and promised that the company would oppose it in court. Former President Carter has yet to comment.

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/02/03/jimmy-carter-sued-for-5-million-for-criticism-of-israel/
Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostSat Feb 05, 2011 5:04 am » by Lombozo

That's a lot of peanut butter.
Warning: I post solely for my own amusement.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Feb 05, 2011 5:10 am » by Boondox681

what would these fuckin' people be without the holocaust.?
and then they wonder why they're hated.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 05, 2011 5:24 am » by zinzana

bottom line jimmy is all about selling books and jew hating bullshit propoganda sale pretty damn good

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 05, 2011 12:06 pm » by Harbin

That's just :bullshit: ziny.
Where's the injury ?
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 05, 2011 12:17 pm » by Svaha

Truth hurts, I never heard of the book before this pathetic attempt to move truth to fiction.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 pm » by Tntbw

This is just another example of how the Jewish race wants to be considered untouchable for their actions. I've always been of the opinion that the old testament of the Bible was written for no other reason than to "prove" that the Jews are the chosen people. There must be a good reason why they have been kicked out of every major civilization throughout known history. I'm sure they would cry about anti-Semitism, but in reality, they are just too damn demanding in their search for relevance. The Jews are not better than any other race, nor do they deserve special treatment.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 3:18 pm » by zinzana

svaha wrote:Truth hurts, I never heard of the book before this pathetic attempt to move truth to fiction.

i hope that jimmy's pockets will hurt too just as bad as hes lies and fiction hurt alot of people in israel an around the world

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 3:21 pm » by Mediasorcerer

zinzana wrote:Image

bottom line jimmy is all about selling books and jew hating bullshit propoganda sale pretty damn good

bottom line is,you hate it when people tell the truth about your nation,thats why you always defend your nations actions,but we know better,it dont work,hahaha,

everyone knows,you cant hide it,the world is waking up,good luck trying to stop it,and yeh,we know,were all muslims for agreeing or saying anything that points out whats really going on,fact is most of us arent muslims,but thats the only thing left for you to throw at us,yeh,yeh yeh,your the anti semite,not us.thats the big joke on you,cos they are your cousins,not mine.lol.

inshallah liar,
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Initiate

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 pm » by Bandanko

I watched that Loius Theroux program about Ulta-Nationalist Jews the other day.

This one Hebrew they were talking to said, and I quote. "Well we either come here to Israel or to the Ovens in Auschwitz." Now correct me if i am wrong, but it is 2011 and not 1941 and the ovens at Auchwitz haven't run for over 50 years! what ovens was her talking about?

I Went there with the missus and kids last year. I had to explain to the kids (5 and 7) what had gone off here... not a pleasant conversation.

PS you all ought to check out a book (if you haven't already) by a guy called Benjamin Freidmen, its called "The Hidden Tyranny" It explains EXACTLY why the "chosen people of Zion" were persecuted in the way they were...

I also had a chilling thought... maybe the PtB had enough foresight to know that they would need public support on their side (for when they start kicking the shit out of rights for Arabs and other non Jews) when they needed it. Obviously having your "race persecuted" would be a GREAT way to drum up public support. AND mainly Khazars died in the Holocaust...

ps Hitler = a massive fucker and quite possibly the biggest cunt on the planet. jsut so you know where i stand when it comes to Nazi's....

Next