Julian Assange's battles threaten to overshadow WikiLeaks' w

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm » by Abyssdnb

Julian Assange's battles threaten to overshadow WikiLeaks' work

IN LONDON A gaggle of journalists recently gathered at a London press club, eagerly awaiting Julian Assange. After embarrassing the U.S. government with a cache of secret cables, he was about to stand beside a Swiss whistleblower whose data could expose the inner workings of tax havens and the dodgers who love them.

But before Assange arrived, the moderator issued a plea to the media: Please refrain from any questions "about Swedish girls."

The incident at London's Frontline Club illustrated how the 39-year-old Australian has struggled in recent weeks to keep the emphasis on WikiLeaks and its explosive disclosures even as he fights a personal battle against sexual assault allegations in Sweden. That battle will bring Assange to a London courtroom Monday for the start of an extradition hearing that will crystallize the WikiLeaks dichotomy.

On one side, there is WikiLeaks the organization, whose expanding mission is being credited with everything from striking fear in the hearts of tax evaders to helping fan the flames of protest in the Arab world. On the other is Assange himself, its controversial leader whose personal character is threatening to overshadow the organization's work.

Even as he remains partly confined to the gilded cage of a friend's Georgian mansion for the duration of his legal battle, Assange is more combative than ever, his complex relationship with the media becoming increasingly stormy. Assange's bond has soured with two of the news organizations with which he once allied himself, the New York Times and the Guardian. Last week, two journalists from the Guardian published a book that at times depicts Assange as callous and single-minded. His embittered former No. 2, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, is also going to press this month with his own tell-all book.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03766.html
Image "Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it."

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 06, 2011 7:23 pm » by Redwoodrick

I have to say Assange started out as my hero...but about now I think he is acting like a bit of a turd.He should release the damn info rather than feeding us little crumbs every now and then.Why is he milking it so?If he is really for disclosure he would release everything.
I am getting tired of hearing about someone who is sitting on untold wealth of knowledge and not really sharing it.Wonder if he is a Freemason lol?
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 pm » by Helios

Patience he is probably llimited to what he can actually do, the government and media are crowding him, He is one person with one organisation he is doing the best he can do and the worst thing we can do is start branding him, support him because his work he has done is brilliant and is to be respected, hes done more than we ever have to fuck the government up:) I hope he is fine, but TPTB will do what they want to anyway.

Julian Assange is a legend and i dont just switch sides,
This is just my opinion not forcing anything on you guys:)
Let me take the waves out of the ocean
Let me take the stars down from the sky
Let me take the faith from your foundation
Let me take the wrong to make it right
Let me take away the dark like I’ve been here all night
Ending before I begin

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 pm » by Richc

lahlaos wrote:Patience he is probably llimited to what he can actually do, the government and media are crowding him,

So then release the lot and have it over and done with.

The media and the US Government would then be neck deep in shit and would take them ages to get to crips with it all.

What can they do once he releases the lot.? Kill him.? They could do that at anytime now before we get the info out. Lets get it out before they do..

Or....

Wikileaks is completely just a story to take our attention away from something even bigger.? :ohno:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 06, 2011 8:35 pm » by Helios

Mr Assange is playing a very clever game, he is not stupid, and is trying to protect himself until all this is over. He will continue releasing fuck all until this is all over, he has life things to deal with it really is that simple, if he hands over everything they will JUST kill him, plus he needs it for the ongoing business but it will get deeper and darker the longer wikileaks goes on for more people will aid him, if all of a sudden he had nothing left, Wikileaks ends, his sources stop and julian assange ends. Its a process and i do not doubt the mans intelligence.
Let me take the wrong to make it right
Let me take away the dark like I’ve been here all night
Ending before I begin

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 06, 2011 8:37 pm » by Helios

EVERYTHING is coming together. in perfect motion