Just Had a Strange Realization...

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:39 pm » by Richc

I was just watching a BBC Horizon program called: Seeing Stars..

Whilst it was on i went into a daydream and my vision went out of focus.

Then a image hit me like an epiphany.. I had chills down my spine..

I am posting it here straight away incase i forget any of it... Stick with it... :flop:

I have just seen a good explanation for the Big Bang and God.!

This was my chain of thought in this daydream.

People say our solar system looks like an Atom with the Sun in the middle being the Nucleus and the Planets being the Electrons.

I thought if this is true then when i look through an electron microscope and view the Atom there could be a civilisation looking out at me from inside the Atom ( solar system ).

So this might make me God. And as God i am observing them.

Next i thought, scientists are saying that Atoms are spread everywhere randomly until we observe them.
When we do the Atom orders itself into what we see. ( the Atom )

So if i observe an area of space i create the Atom and infact create the solar system.
Again this makes me the creator, God.

My train of thought now looked at the Big Bang.

Scientists are saying that the classic view of the Big Bang is nothing followed by an explosion of matter that spreads out from the centre.
They say now that actually the Universe apeared everywhere at the same time.

This explains why we are here before the light from the Big Bang has even reached us.
We apeared here at the same time the Big Bang happened everywhere. Just like all the grass in a field grew out of the soil at the same time. Not from the centre.

Then i thought, what then if our Universe was just nothingness and somebody pointed an electron microscope at this area of nothingness and observed it.

As they observed it all the Atoms ordered themselves all over the Universe we see now.
The observation by this person ( God ) created the entire Universe all over at the same time.

Our Solar System is just one Atom in the entire observed Universe by God on the other side of the electron microscope.

Now the scary bit...

Once God turns off the microscope and stops observing us, all the Atoms will fly apart once again and the Universe will come to an end.

Due to scale this might take Billions of years or maybe seconds.? :nails:

So basically what im saying is that the Big Bang came from an act of God observing an area of nothingness and created our Universe purely from that observation.
The Universe will exist as long as God continues to observe it.

And everytime we point our telescopes out into space we could be looking directly at God and not realising it.

Our God might only exist because it is being observed through a microscope also. 8-)
So on and on it goes, outwards in inwards as long as the observation is taking place.

Im sure we can expand on this theory if we think hard enough about it. :cheers:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 pm » by E6722maj

Richc wrote: when i look through an electron microscope and view the Atom there could be a civilisation looking out at me from inside the Atom ( solar system ).

i've often thought the same thing. fascinating stuff :cheers:

whatever

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 10:25 pm » by Daemonfoe

Richc wrote:I was just watching a BBC Horizon program called: Seeing Stars..

Whilst it was on i went into a daydream and my vision went out of focus.

Then a image hit me like an epiphany.. I had chills down my spine..

I am posting it here straight away incase i forget any of it... Stick with it... :flop:

I have just seen a good explanation for the Big Bang and God.!

This was my chain of thought in this daydream.

People say our solar system looks like an Atom with the Sun in the middle being the Nucleus and the Planets being the Electrons.

I thought if this is true then when i look through an electron microscope and view the Atom there could be a civilisation looking out at me from inside the Atom ( solar system ).

So this might make me God. And as God i am observing them.

Next i thought, scientists are saying that Atoms are spread everywhere randomly until we observe them.
When we do the Atom orders itself into what we see. ( the Atom )

So if i observe an area of space i create the Atom and infact create the solar system.
Again this makes me the creator, God.

My train of thought now looked at the Big Bang.

Scientists are saying that the classic view of the Big Bang is nothing followed by an explosion of matter that spreads out from the centre.
They say now that actually the Universe apeared everywhere at the same time.

This explains why we are here before the light from the Big Bang has even reached us.
We apeared here at the same time the Big Bang happened everywhere. Just like all the grass in a field grew out of the soil at the same time. Not from the centre.

Then i thought, what then if our Universe was just nothingness and somebody pointed an electron microscope at this area of nothingness and observed it.

As they observed it all the Atoms ordered themselves all over the Universe we see now.
The observation by this person ( God ) created the entire Universe all over at the same time.

Our Solar System is just one Atom in the entire observed Universe by God on the other side of the electron microscope.

Now the scary bit...

Once God turns off the microscope and stops observing us, all the Atoms will fly apart once again and the Universe will come to an end.

Due to scale this might take Billions of years or maybe seconds.? :nails:

So basically what im saying is that the Big Bang came from an act of God observing an area of nothingness and created our Universe purely from that observation.
The Universe will exist as long as God continues to observe it.

And everytime we point our telescopes out into space we could be looking directly at God and not realising it.

Our God might only exist because it is being observed through a microscope also. 8-)
So on and on it goes, outwards in inwards as long as the observation is taking place.

Im sure we can expand on this theory if we think hard enough about it. :cheers:

RIK

That's a paradox.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 am » by Mydogma

E6722maj wrote:
Richc wrote: when i look through an electron microscope and view the Atom there could be a civilisation looking out at me from inside the Atom ( solar system ).

i've often thought the same thing. fascinating stuff :cheers:

I think they made a kids show on that with the elephant..orr that was a dust particle...so if I use one of those micron microscopes and look within my finger I may see god...well I guess in the most basics of ways I would..hmmm to ponder..or chatt with my finger..
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 8:09 am » by Evildweeb

The micro/macro universe has been an ongoing story for a long long time.

Issac Asimov even covered this theory in one of his short stories (go figure).

Nice post, good topic. :flop:

:cheers:

Beer acquisition continues up to the point of some form of saturation and is driven on a course directed by the path of least resistance to the fridge

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 am » by One-23

Richc wrote:.So basically what im saying is that the Big Bang came from an act of God observing an area of nothingness and created our Universe purely from that observation.
The Universe will exist as long as God continues to observe it.RIK

Top post Richc

This has been my train of thought even since I dumped the idea of a Religious "God"

The Quantum world is a very strange place indeed :headscratch:
The double slit experiment outlines your realization beautifully
Purely by observing matter the quantum world changes into the familiar:flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

And a great Doc for your viewing pleasure

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 1:22 pm » by Nilm33

The Universe is digital.

There is no God.
There is only the Simulacrum.

I made this video a while back. I think you'll like it.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Writer

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 pm » by Allan53

Interesting notion, few misconceptions though. I've numbered them, not to be patronising or anything, but because it helps me keep things straight in my own head.

1. The nucleus with electrons wizzing around the outside is a popular, although outdated, idea of the atom. The most common idea now among physicists is the nucleus surrounded by a probability cloud of energy, which can in some cases be best represented as discrete quanta or 'particles', ie electrons. So your metaphor is imperfect from the start.

2. Atoms being spread randomly until we observe them? Haven't heard that idea, could you quote a source (for my own learning, I promise!).

3. The expanding model of the universe, which requires a central point for the big bang, means that it can't have just appeared everywhere at once. Well, technically, it would, I guess, since the universe by definition would include everywhere, but still. If I understand you correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong!), you mean it appeared everywhere in its current "place" (yes, movement etc, you get what I mean)?