Keep your Mind

Initiate

PostSat Aug 31, 2013 5:04 am » by SolStone

An excerpt from Bruce Lee's Commentaries on the Martial Way.

The aphorism "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" contains the secret of life. James Allen further added, "A man is literally what he thinks." This might be a shocking statement, but everything is a state of mind. I ran across some very interesting passages in a magazine and I'm writing them down to let you read it.

I am the captain of my mind
I've always been buffeted by circumstances because I thought of myself as a human being of outside condition. Now I realize that I am the power that commands the feeling of my mind and from which circumstances grow...

Defeat is a state of mind
Defeat is also a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simpy tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth...

The garden of the mind
The mind is like a fertile garden, it will grow anything you wish to plant-beautiful flowers or weeds. And so it is with successful, healthy thoughts or with negative ones that will, like weeds, strangle and crowd the others. Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence...

Intense desires creates opportunities
We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents...

Don't become discouraged
Here I ask you, are you going to make your obstacles stepping stones to your dream, or stumbling blocks - because unknowingly you let negativeness, worries, fear, etc. take over?

Its not the obstacle - but your reaction to it!
Believe me that in every big thing or achievement there are always obstacles, big or small and the reaction one shows to such obstacles is what counts, not the obstacle itself. There is no such thing as defeat until you admit so yourself - but not until then!

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 31, 2013 6:05 am » by Temps13

Thats interesting I'd not heard of those "commentaries on the martial way"
There are weak minds & there are strong minds..
Certainly its interesting how much synchronicity the mind can seem to generate reality
Well its quiet again tonight on DTV..think I'll trundle off & listen to Coast to Coast in a moment

I admire those yogis or ascetics or whatever the correct term is for those people who do absolutely NOTHING..(like the guy in the pit in "Life of Brian")..
They seek to see through the illusion of the material world..it seems daily life is designed to keep us in a certain state of consciousness..not too high!
I heard about Buddhists who stare into their own eyes in a mirror & continually ask themselves "Who am I?" over & over..
Yoga was a system for raising consciousness
Some drugs raise consciousness..
Recall that story from a year or two ago -the yogi who was tested by the military-he allegedly went two weeks with no food or water..existing only on Prana,from breathing..(this would be handy if you were gonna try the do nothing route)..I cant understand how it works though..
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Initiate

PostSat Aug 31, 2013 7:04 am » by SolStone

Temps13 wrote:Thats interesting I'd not heard of those "commentaries on the martial way"
There are weak minds & there are strong minds..
Certainly its interesting how much synchronicity the mind can seem to generate reality
Well its quiet again tonight on DTV..think I'll trundle off & listen to Coast to Coast in a moment

I admire those yogis or ascetics or whatever the correct term is for those people who do absolutely NOTHING..(like the guy in the pit in "Life of Brian")..
They seek to see through the illusion of the material world..it seems daily life is designed to keep us in a certain state of consciousness..not too high!
I heard about Buddhists who stare into their own eyes in a mirror & continually ask themselves "Who am I?" over & over..
Yoga was a system for raising consciousness
Some drugs raise consciousness..
Recall that story from a year or two ago -the yogi who was tested by the military-he allegedly went two weeks with no food or water..existing only on Prana,from breathing..(this would be handy if you were gonna try the do nothing route)..I cant understand how it works though..

Asceticism is certainly the path some choose.

When I was younger, it was my way I suppose. Led me into some very wonderful teachings and to teachers I would never have met otherwise. Today, fasting is something I place in perspective, no matter what form it may take.

Physically speaking, every body is different. However, many ascetics argue that there are only a few minerals your body cannot produce within itself. These minerals can be found in the oxygen you breathe, solar absorption, as well as contact of bodily nodes with the earth.

I would advise first bringing one's physical self in balance before attempting to deprive oneself of one's old habits completely. For instance, some persons have deficiencies they must be aware of, things they need more than others; wisdom (prudence, temperance) and knowledge of oneself is important.

A personal example: My body's hydration level is 14% higher than a healthy person's hydration's levels, and approximately 17% higher than the average person's hydration level. As such, water intake is not as consequential given the time periods I set for myself in the undertaking of any ascetic practice (fasting generally).

However, Temps my brother, I feel the importance of this thread should be on the mental preoccupations of the Self, and the effect on reality that is carried throughout the wave length via electrical pulses.

Today was a wonderful day for Humanity and it is going to continue I have no doubt. Nothing is beyond us, and today for the first time in a long time, we were rewarded with small victories. We must keep our Minds focused and upon that which we desire, and off that which we do not. My optimism knows no bounds, and my call is for others to echo their heart's desires as well. Now is the time to put our Minds to the creation of our future, and allow old habits to find new homes.

As you lay your heads down for repose this evening, I would ask you all set your Minds to exactly what we desire to happen tomorrow; repeat your desire until you fall into unconsciousness. Good night everyone, may your dreams be jewels and tomorrow be exactly as you imagine.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 31, 2013 3:09 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Nice Post Solstone :flop:

I was just contemplating on the loo, right before reading your post, getting a deeper understanding of our worries. I often repeat to myself (lol in a way also a type of worry, but to bring balance) That to achieve something we have to let it go in thought after we KNOW that we want to experience it.

When i have set a goal, a desire i'd like to experience. But overlay is with a slightly similar but alternate desire I will find myself in mixed up, confusing situations later on in life cause I managed to manifest 3 different outcomes on the same desire. This happened to me many times.

The fear of 'not doing it right' brings the mind to a multitude of possible outcomes. Lack of focus. I learned when i let go of if its 'right' or not. It just becomes a experience, a concept that can either bring me joy or pain. It works or it doesn't work. Therefore it cannot defeat me.

This type of consciousness where you 'know' and let go. Until you experience and can change What you know. Where you allow to contemplate and FINISH a thought till it fully resonates, till it brings balance between your fears and desires. Inspirations. That type of consciousness is a wonderful gift. A bliss.

:cheers:

Initiate

PostSun Sep 01, 2013 12:57 am » by SolStone

Serious,
I agree. :hugging:

My purpose in this thread is to help so-called neutral individuals realize the cognitive dissonance in their beliefs and their behaviors.

When one exists in the stillness, they are an observer, not carried on the waves unconsciously, but truly conscious (neutral). The moment anyone:

think
speak
act

they have become a participant. They are no longer a neutral observer but an active participant in the creation of reality.

I can walk, work, and perform activities while remaining an observer and neutral, yes.

The moment I

think
speak
act

I have crossed the line and am sending electrical pulses along the wave length and am engaging in the dualistic and polar-activity of creation.

Any mental activity (and what follows) whatsoever is a participation - there is no neutrality present during their activity.

My desire is for others to understand and accept their responsibility for the electrical pulses being sent out while they are active.

Sister, I look around me and the one thing I don't see is love. Love falls along a polarity as well.

People keep saying they want balanced, but the news I am presenting is simple:
nothing in the world is balanced right now. We are operating and supporting the negative polarity by accepting that nothing can be done about the present condition. We are self-creating the terrible environment in which we desire to see more positive interactions.

To return balance a serious injection of positive polarity is needed; until then, how can the unconscious persons in this world even have a chance at a balanced decision in anything?

I operate from the stillness as much as possible, to maintain my holistic development; at this point on the earth, I feel it is time to balance the equation with as much positivity as I can produce, because there is absolutely nothing in balance on the earth at this time.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 am » by Temps13

Yeah,bump,that was a good post,I went to sleep thinking about it..
There was a story a while back I read somewhere about this guy had a sensitive piece of equipment & it would'nt work near churches full of people praying..anyone remember that?
Its a little vague sorry..I wondered if the fact they often put churches on the point ley lines cross would somehow amplify the prayers
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 pm » by Seriouscitizen

SolStone wrote:Serious,
I agree. :hugging:

My purpose in this thread is to help so-called neutral individuals realize the cognitive dissonance in their beliefs and their behaviors.

When one exists in the stillness, they are an observer, not carried on the waves unconsciously, but truly conscious (neutral). The moment anyone:

think
speak
act

they have become a participant. They are no longer a neutral observer but an active participant in the creation of reality.

I can walk, work, and perform activities while remaining an observer and neutral, yes.

The moment I

think
speak
act

I have crossed the line and am sending electrical pulses along the wave length and am engaging in the dualistic and polar-activity of creation.

Any mental activity (and what follows) whatsoever is a participation - there is no neutrality present during their activity.

My desire is for others to understand and accept their responsibility for the electrical pulses being sent out while they are active.

Sister, I look around me and the one thing I don't see is love. Love falls along a polarity as well.

People keep saying they want balanced, but the news I am presenting is simple:
nothing in the world is balanced right now. We are operating and supporting the negative polarity by accepting that nothing can be done about the present condition. We are self-creating the terrible environment in which we desire to see more positive interactions.

To return balance a serious injection of positive polarity is needed; until then, how can the unconscious persons in this world even have a chance at a balanced decision in anything?

I operate from the stillness as much as possible, to maintain my holistic development; at this point on the earth, I feel it is time to balance the equation with as much positivity as I can produce, because there is absolutely nothing in balance on the earth at this time.

I reckon that is the way. The injection of love that is. If it is possible to stop myself from leaking by addictions to unconscious patterns I can create a sustainable abundance in energy that will allow me to give, give and give. The balance is when we see that one moment of despair is followed by a moment of safety and inspiration. There is never one side of the coin. But the conditions we created by our perceptions give us the illusion of lack of choice.

When the universe is thought and thought generates pathways of energy, dynamics, interaction. The way to move forward is to accept thought and move 'forward' by experimenting which thought works or does not work for 'us'. How I see it before we are trying to do anything by creating it with our minds we try to discover how it is we think and therefore move backwards instead of forwards. How can a mind that created a mind tries to dissect anything that is mere 'mind' ? That is what i sometimes wonder..

Think speak act, .. It seems to me that some people are in a loop of act, speak, think think think, think about what we think, speak speak speak think think and act. If possible all simultaneously? What a chaos, just like this post of mine :P Meanwhile others think act but never say a word 'so to speak' lol and make sure to control to order. Funny how things work. Personally i'd rather know why we should work..
I guess that would be to experience love ;)

Best to you :hugging: