Kick videos off for being lame?

jetxvii

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 am » by jetxvii

I Love this site, however it has been occurring to me that there are a few videos if not a handful of videos that fall into a category that doesn't seem fit to be displayed on this site. I had an Idea that I thought I would see what people thought about it.

1. Would it be possible to have a voting system to kick videos off?
2. and would you like to have a voting system to boot videos deemed unnecessary?

Listen I'm not trying to be a Communist or anything but ask yourself you have to have seen a few videos that totally didn't belong here... like the one with the guy singing about "whatever happens I will be free" while playing a guitar with meager ability at best, and vocals to make you want to rip your ear drums out...

If you feel I'm being a total asshole about this and thinking its to much effort or not worth it let me know what you think. I am all ears. :shooting:

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 8:41 am » by Wolfbane7272

naw i dont think we need a voting system too much of that shit on other sites .. the cool thing about this site is even if its trivial and irrelivent its good for a laugh and people are people they percieve things in different ways .. cheers

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 pm » by Blacky

can you put up the vids that you are on about??
would be good to see them and what they are!
if they arent relevant to the site then Dtv will delete them off or put them into the Disinfo channel!
So dont watch the disinfo Channel!
Think you can flag the vids as well!!!
:cheers:

Initiate

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 12:31 pm » by Fatrock386

jetxvii wrote:I Love this site, however it has been occurring to me that there are a few videos if not a handful of videos that fall into a category that doesn't seem fit to be displayed on this site. I had an Idea that I thought I would see what people thought about it.

1. Would it be possible to have a voting system to kick videos off?
2. and would you like to have a voting system to boot videos deemed unnecessary?

Listen I'm not trying to be a Communist or anything but ask yourself you have to have seen a few videos that totally didn't belong here... like the one with the guy singing about "whatever happens I will be free" while playing a guitar with meager ability at best, and vocals to make you want to rip your ear drums out...

If you feel I'm being a total asshole about this and thinking its to much effort or not worth it let me know what you think. I am all ears. :shooting:
thats lame now you must go. :lol:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin,1759

Initiate

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 12:42 pm » by Avimoas

There is an excellent management here and they delete a lot of rubbish from the site, don't worry

:shooting:

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 1:14 pm » by Hansom

One mans meat is another mans poison.

I applaud you sense of fairness with the idea a democratic voting system.
However just like the (and I use the word loosely) democracy we have in the non-cyber world, it is open to corruption.
For example I could sit here all day voting off Alex Jones videos because I may think he's a dimwit.
Or if I have an issue with a particular member that I just don't like I could spend all my efforts voting off their postings.

Just for the record I don't think Alex Jones is a dimwit nor do I have any issues with any members of DTV.

You could suggest one vote per member, but again too easy to manipulate with the same person having multiple accounts, spoofed IPs etc.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 1:23 pm » by -Marduk-

hansom wrote:Just for the record I don't think Alex Jones is a dimwit nor do I have any issues with any members of DTV.

Alex Jones is a Super SaiyanImage

Upload to Disclose.tv

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 1:24 pm » by Blacky

hansom wrote:One mans meat is another mans poison.

I applaud you sense of fairness with the idea a democratic voting system.
However just like the (and I use the word loosely) democracy we have in the non-cyber world, it is open to corruption.
For example I could sit here all day voting off Alex Jones videos because I may think he's a dimwit.
Or if I have an issue with a particular member that I just don't like I could spend all my efforts voting off their postings.

Just for the record I don't think Alex Jones is a dimwit nor do I have any issues with any members of DTV.

You could suggest one vote per member, but again too easy to manipulate with the same person having multiple accounts, spoofed IPs etc.

Here Here good point!
there are a few people who go around giving vids poor ratings and they havent even watched them!!
you know who you are! darkstuff!!!
if we had this type of system then they would just go around deleting vids for no reason!
it takes ages to put vids on dtv and as an uploader myself this would be very annoying if people could just get them deleted!

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 1:25 pm » by Blacky

marduk2012 wrote:
hansom wrote:Just for the record I don't think Alex Jones is a dimwit nor do I have any issues with any members of DTV.

Upload to Disclose.tv

That is the best alex jones vid i have ever seen! :flop:
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 05, 2009 2:18 pm » by Mep630

marduk2012 wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

This guy might be the best post-er on DTV, lol.
:flop:

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

Next