kids as young as two

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 am » by Freespeach

has anybody else on dtv noticed children as young as 2 3 even for years old given access to there parents i phones to play games on

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:44 am » by Daemonfoe

soooo.... what's the issue here? kids are going to get cell phone brain damage? Cell signals aren't being sent unless a phone call is active or the internet is being accessed (information is downloading/uploading).
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 am » by Freespeach

its a deliberate dumbing down of the kids when i was growing up i had the outdoors play now kids as young as 2 are using mobile phones and losing there shit when parents dont give them these devices the reason for this post is to see if anyone else has started to notice this latest trend with these young kids

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:53 am » by Freespeach

and also all I phones connect to the internet when using a iphone app/game etc

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 am » by Daemonfoe

Video games have been around for over 40 years now. Cell phone games are nothing new. Hand held game devices have also been around for a long time now.

Yes, some games connect to the internet, but they are not sending data the whole time, and are not next to the child's head in those 2 seconds that it does access the net.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 am » by Freespeach

lets just claim this a a dead post then

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 am » by Freespeach

also while i have you on this post do u have any post worth me looking at im a new member so u might have some stuff that could be useful to me this is a serious question and im not yanking your chain.

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 am » by Unaphiliated

iPhone cellular, bluetooth and wifi radios are always on, unless you deliberately disable them. They don't emit dangerous levels of radio energy for adults, but young children whose bodies and brains are still growing at high rates probably shouldn't be exposed to radio emmisions from cell phones for extended periods of time until some scientific studies are done. To be safe, put the unit in "aeroplane mode", which disables the radios.
As for children's ability to operate the technology, Apple devices are quite simple, and being a touch device, work well during early development of childrens brains.
http://www.tyc.state.tx.us/prevention/braindev.html
Studies show that between the age of birth and three years old, children should be touched and hugged often, as the neurons in areas of the brain need this to develop normally. Giving them touch games might be very good for brain development.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 am » by Daemonfoe

unaphiliated wrote:iPhone cellular, bluetooth and wifi radios are always on, unless you deliberately disable them. They don't emit dangerous levels of radio energy for adults, but young children whose bodies and brains are still growing at high rates probably shouldn't be exposed to radio emmisions from cell phones for extended periods of time until some scientific studies are done. To be safe, put the unit in "aeroplane mode", which disables the radios.
As for children's ability to operate the technology, Apple devices are quite simple, and being a touch device, work well during early development of childrens brains.
http://www.tyc.state.tx.us/prevention/braindev.html
Studies show that between the age of birth and three years old, children should be touched and hugged often, as the neurons in areas of the brain need this to develop normally. Giving them touch games might be very good for brain development.

Hmm, if that's true, people should start looking into androids. All of that crap is turned off, and you can have a control bar on your home to toggle all of it.

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:43 am » by Freespeach

daemonfoe while i have you on this post do u have any post worth me looking at im a new member so u might have some stuff that could be useful to me this is a serious question and im not yanking your chain.

Next