King Tut's Treasures Lost Once Again as Looters take it All

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostSun Jan 30, 2011 8:16 pm » by Savwafair2012

looters destroy 2,000-year-old mummies in bid to steal King Tut's treasures

The army was on guard at Egypt’s most popular tourist sites last night after two 2,000-year-old mummies in the country’s national museum were destroyed by looters attempting to steal the treasures of King Tutankhamun.

Soldiers were positioned at the Pyramids and Cairo’s Egyptian Museum – the holding place for Tutankhamun’s priceless golden mask and other artifacts – on the fifth day of anti-government demonstrations in the country’s capital.

Nine men broke into the Egyptian Museum in the early hours of yesterday, taking advantage of damage caused to the building’s security by a fire in the neighbouring headquarters of the ruling National Democratic Party.

They were caught by police and a crowd of civilians while carrying out the skulls of two mummies and two statues estimated to be more than 2,000 years old.

One statue, believed to be of Tutankhamun, was broken into two pieces by the thieves, although officials said they hoped to be able to repair it.

Zahi Hawass, chairman of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, said: ‘They tried to attack and rob from the showcases of King Tut, but they failed. These people are criminals, they are not true Egyptians. The nine men were caught carrying skulls and two statues, one of which was broken. But the army are now guarding the museum and all the museums are now safe.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sures.html
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostSun Jan 30, 2011 8:18 pm » by Alienator

Oh ohhh I think King Tut is very pissed off and rotating in his grave.

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 4:46 am » by Whiteknight2000

Let me see.

Your title is very misleading.

"King Tut's Treasures Lost Once Again as Looters take it All"
Have you read the whole article????

They didn't take away everything. They only managed to get away with a couple of broken statues and mummy heads. It was an attempt that failed.

The Real title should be

"looters destroy 2,000-year-old mummies in bid to steal King Tut's treasures"

Why a change in title?

Master Conspirator

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 4:52 am » by Boondox681

yes,very misleading.
confirmed:
2 mummy heads stolen.
tuts golden mask and all of the tomb safe.
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 5:51 am » by zinzana

the loonies beheaded the mummies....can you believe that shit

Initiate

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 am » by Whiteknight2000

Have you all noticed that there are 275 views on this topic? And there are very few posts on here?

I think most of the people that come on here just read, and a few percent of the population post on here.

Something to think about.

Writer

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 am » by Xxladxx

why are you always writing misleading titles? every effin' time. ...btw, it's their heritage, their history...if they want to destroy it, that's up to them...i seriously doubt there's anything any of us can or should be doing about it...if you don't like it, become an egyptian, then there might actually be some validity behind your anger toward this.

Writer

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 am » by Xxladxx

zaff4444 wrote:
zinzana wrote:the loonies beheaded the mummies....can you believe that shit

:lol:
btw "king"tut tut treasures belong to egypt and egypt belongs to its egyptian population,so why the fuck you sheeples interfering?

i couldn't agree more

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 12:08 pm » by Edgarrothstein

Do you honestly think these are the real mummies?
I bet Zahi hid the real stuff somewhere. As happens with the most of the precious artifacts in museums all over the world.

Although from the symbolical POV, it doesn't matter whether these artifacts are real or not...looters were obviously thinking they are real.

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 2:58 pm » by Proto

edgarrothstein wrote:

Do you honestly think these are the real mummies?
I bet Zahi hid the real stuff somewhere. As happens with the most of the precious artifacts in museums all over the world.

Although from the symbolical POV, it doesn't matter whether these artifacts are real or not...looters were obviously thinking they are real.

But you have to admit that these looters had some fucked up set of priorities ,

think about it ,they are inside Egypt national museum, surrounded by gold
statues and other priceless treasures of all sizes and shapes .

and what these geniuses do ? they chose to take off with 2 mummies heads...
definitively WTF!? moment here .

Next