Know Thyself

Initiate

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 8:12 pm » by compassion

"Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” Carl Jung

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 8:28 pm » by Toxic32

A bit of explanatory text would help. Is this what you believe and why? Tell the rest of us give us an insight into your thinking and your reason for posting this thread? :flop:
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 9:06 pm » by compassion

Oh sorry.

His name is Bernhard Guenther. I am not sure what you would call him guru, philosopher, just some bloke who makes good observations and tries to raise awareness, if you like? :)

I think it is fairly self explanatory. I posted it as I thought other people might enjoy watching it. I didn't imagine what I thought really mattered that much tbh more what you thought (the people who watch it) I was interested in? :)

Some people believe that what goes on in the world in as much a reflection of what goes on in the 'self' I am not sure that I would fully agree, but there is as much a sickness of consciousness in many respects as there is a sickness in society/the world, born out of acts of corruption, greed and manipulation of it's people.

I think to deny this in yourself only perpetuates the misery, in a personal sense, in the same way a denial of the realities of the people who run our world, allows that to perpetuate a different kind of misery? But maybe by not healing both, we cannot heal globally really either as, even if not a projection of a broken collective consciousness they are still inextricably linked?

I often look at the world and feel anger and frustration and hopelessness, but perhaps I am looking at it all wrong and by starting with my own darkness is ultimately the thing that will have the most effect?

Other than that I think he makes some interesting points about us being asleep to what goes on and consumed by ego and material things, worship of false idols and a belief in a system controlled by psychopaths.

But really I posted it cause I liked it and wondered what you lot thought :) xx
"Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” Carl Jung

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 9:59 pm » by DarkHeart

compassion wrote:Oh sorry.

His name is Bernhard Guenther. I am not sure what you would call him guru, philosopher, just some bloke who makes good observations and tries to raise awareness, if you like? :)

I think it is fairly self explanatory. I posted it as I thought other people might enjoy watching it. I didn't imagine what I thought really mattered that much tbh more what you thought (the people who watch it) I was interested in? :)

Some people believe that what goes on in the world in as much a reflection of what goes on in the 'self' I am not sure that I would fully agree, but there is as much a sickness of consciousness in many respects as there is a sickness in society/the world, born out of acts of corruption, greed and manipulation of it's people.

I think to deny this in yourself only perpetuates the misery, in a personal sense, in the same way a denial of the realities of the people who run our world, allows that to perpetuate a different kind of misery? But maybe by not healing both, we cannot heal globally really either as, even if not a projection of a broken collective consciousness they are still inextricably linked?

I often look at the world and feel anger and frustration and hopelessness, but perhaps I am looking at it all wrong and by starting with my own darkness is ultimately the thing that will have the most effect?

Other than that I think he makes some interesting points about us being asleep to what goes on and consumed by ego and material things, worship of false idols and a belief in a system controlled by psychopaths.

But really I posted it cause I liked it and wondered what you lot thought :) xx

That's a really great post :flop:

This bit seems key to me;

They work damn hard at tipping peeps into anger & frustration, this is done for a reason.

The more you hate them & get angry the more strength you are giving to them by validating their paradigm, perpetuating the karma that keeps them there & worse of all binds you to them by a bond of hatred.

We have to cultivate an aware detachment & look to change ourselves, this will leave them without an environment to thrive in if enough of us do so.

:cheers:
*WillEase* wrote:I was typing too fast to realize the error butt weasel.

Initiate

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 3:59 pm » by compassion

Thanks Darkheart. This is my first thread :nails: I am glad someone answered <3

I suppose you are right aggression and hate is still that, no matter where it is directed.

My bro says to look at it like energy that you send out and that ripples out like a wave. That if you stay civil and passive in site of that aggression or wrong doing, and those who side with that, they feel better about themselves that they will pass on, sending out a ripple of 'good' energy. It is hard tho, as how do you not feel anger at injustice?

I also think it is hard to be pure an an impure world. I fail a lot; not always buying products that are ethically sourced, money wasted on shit I don't need etc. With the world controlled and driven by this, it is difficult not to find yourself engaging in that at some level. With that in mind, I hold little hope for our species/world.

Maybe the best thing to do is to align your emotions with empathy towards the suffering and people who are caught up in that, and not anger directed at the aggressors?

Your point also bring in the measurement problem; where by an atom is spread out all over the place and only comes together, when it is observed. Therefore arguably, by giving those things your attention, instead of love to the other, only helps to create it?

You make a really good point darkheart, and have given me something to think on with :cheers:

Thank you very much

Initiate

PostThu Jun 12, 2014 9:52 am » by Giovanni

compassion :flop: :cheers:
Customers Are Like Whores