Kony 2012 Support Video

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 2:36 am » by Jet17

I have an opinion, and I believe you are spreading pieces without reading them.

nothing you posted refutes my post, it only asks a question from an advocacy group that does business with Invisible Children, that is pretty reliable isn't it? we are supposed to get a third party opinion, an independent one at that, from a group that works for them.

never-mind the other check groups that this group doesn't comply with, the BBB and charity fact checkers.

You can post whatever you like, but people will respond to it.

I am not forcing you to comply.
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 5:41 am » by Iwanci

One important and overlooked fact.

There is no need to wager a war as such, any action will likely be a police action, not a war. If my memory serves me correctly Kony troops number around 66,000, mostly young, hardly a war.

Is it worth fighting to help liberate suffering people?

Sorry folks.. an ASTOUNDING YES from me...

So what if the story has been embellished and or exaggerated? So what if the organisation will make money from it? Who cares? We throw and waste money every day on less worth causes. Give them all the money they want if it helps save lives. Life as you know it ceases the moment you turn your back on your fellow man.

There is no and will never be any greater motivator for human interference than that of the plight of a fellow human being. Everything else is irrelevant.

Hope and pray that you or I never have to be confronted by a similar issue, and that if we did the world would not sit by arguing but would simply help out.

We now have approx 40 million people who have been exposed to the realities of evil that still takes place in a world that we have shaped through the shedding of countless lives during wars that were fought to stop the very situation we are now confronting.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 5:50 am » by Jet17

So what if people are getting rich by skewing facts?

I don't think I need to answer that one.

we have 40 million people who knew stuff like this happened, and were lied to about the complexities of it, yes. this stuff didn't happen over night.

stripping it down you are asking for an invasion into a civil war, in a country that is not ours, to interfere in a countries upbringing and ways of life?

Are you going to go over to Africa and fight this man yourself?

Forgive me for being passionate about not commiting acts of violence to stop violence.

Am I the only one who see's violence to end violence as counter-productive? especially when people are falling for mis-information on the subject? let alone that we would even be going after the right people?

Are we going to go in there and trust that the other side who is just as bad are just going to shed their violent ways and be a peaceable people?

surely you must have more sense than that. it's called education, you can't fight stupidity, with bombs, you must teach people humanity first, and not through means of violence and setting up a nation with a lesser of 2 evils after your boogey man has been captured.
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 09, 2012 6:01 am » by Iwanci

No Jet I am not going to Africa to fight this man, just like I didn’t go and chase Osama nor Gadaffi, nor anyone else... as you, I am an armchair revolutionary. However, let me be clear, if there was a threat to a child and it was within my reach, YES count on me to get involved at ANY cost, even my own life.

Hmmm... so let me think of the last time we stopped mass acts of violence without committing mass acts of violence... sorry but can’t think of any mate.

People getting rich by skewing facts is perfectly fine by me if it prevents the loss of innocent life, its only money. A life is irreplaceable.
Not an invasion into civil war mate, just the provision of resources to enable their own government to deal with the situation, that’s all I see that needs to be done.

Violence committed to stem ongoing violence is the only reason you and I are able to enjoy the freedoms we may be taking for granted my friend, lest we not forget those who gave their lives for our freedoms, they didn’t go in with balloons and cake, they went in with guns and bombs and the sole intention to kill.

Yes you can fight stupidity with bombs, we do it all the time. Take a look at where we are in the world, what are the conflicts about? Ideologies and resources mainly. Ideologies can easily be seen as stupidity when we don’t agree with them... religious beliefs being a case in point, how many wars did we fight over religion (stupidity) exactly?

I am NOT pro war, actually against any form of violence, but there is a fine line that I would gladly cross, and children and innocent people sit atop that line. Sorry if you don’t agree with that mate, you don’t have to because I am not trying to convince you, I am simply stating my view as you are stating yours, and you make some very valid points at that!
:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Previous