land of the free (SWAT deployed in Ferguson)

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 am » by E6722maj

"taking to the streets again Monday night, locals were met with tear gas and rubber bullets.

Protests against police brutality turned contentious early Monday evening, leading to a standoff between several dozen local residents and dozens of officers in full riot gear just blocks from where Brown was gunned down.

In an attempt to disperse the crowd, officers made their way down West Florissant, a main street in Ferguson. When some residents, chanting “Don’t shoot, my hands are up,” refused to leave, officers began deploying tear gas."

also the area is a no-fly zone. this is to keep the news choppers away.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post ... -on-crowd/

whatever

Master Conspirator

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:44 am » by *WillEase*

Published on Aug 12, 2014

Police turned out in force and launched tear gas at protesters in Ferguson, MO Monday evening, responding to another night of unrest following the police shooting of unarmed 18-year-old Michael Brown. The African-American teen was reportedly stopped Saturday for jaywalking, and was then shot multiple times by police. Community anger boiled over on Sunday, with rioting, looting and arson taking place.

Upload to Disclose.tv

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Initiate

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 3:22 am » by Hr2burn

Mind blowing that cops can do all sorts of crimes and expect people to be quite and stay in their homes. Even IF they can somehow prove this young man was fighting the police and somehow "deserved" to be shot, that doesn't change people right to protest or right to assemble.
Now I'm nothing...

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 am » by DarkHeart

This was posted by Dutchsinse yesterday, is this the start of the lock down ?

:nwo:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Published on 12 Aug 2014

Most of my viewers know I live in Saint Louis, some may not know I grew up in Ferguson, MO. This madness in North STL really hits home for me.

A full day after the unrest, NOW we see police armed with machine guns, .50 caliber rifles, MRAP armored vehicles, march on the streets of North St. Louis (Ferguson). Tear gas deployed on local residents, not groups of rioters.

August 11th going into the 12th , 2014:

Police pushing regular NON-protesting people, and the media back down West Florissant Ave. using tear gas.

Using loud speakers to tell local residents to stay in their homes, they they're not allowed on the street, or to stand in their yards.

"Go inside your homes" was the order shouted over loud speakers.

While I understand the need for law and order, these are not rioters tonight. These are residents standing outside, as well as media reporting on the event.

Martial law has NOT been declared yet from what I understand, but you'd be hard pressed trying to think you're 'free' at the moment if you live in the area.
Canubis wrote:i recently made some retarded threads and had boon swinging from my nuts

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 11:16 am » by Icarus1

Missouri police 'shoot second man' in city where teenager was killed

Man is said to be in critical condition in hospital after fresh demonstrations over police shooting of Michael Brown, 18

A second man has been shot by police in the Missouri city where an unarmed black 18-year-old was shot dead last weekend, according to multiple reports.

Police officials told local reporters that the man was shot in Ferguson by a St Louis County officer after pointing a handgun at him soon after 1am on Wednesday, following fresh demonstrations over the death on Saturday of Michael Brown.

The officer was responding to reports of shots being fired and men wearing ski masks carrying shotguns. The man was in critical condition in hospital, a police spokesman told the St Louis Post-Dispatch, Fox 2 and KMOV, and his gun was recovered at the scene.

A woman was separately being treated in hospital after being shot in the head during a drive-by shooting in the city. The incidents followed the peaceful end earlier to a tense standoff between protesters and police, prompting hopes of avoiding a third night of violence.

A raucous convoy of about 250 young demonstrators, marching along a main route into downtown Ferguson, was halted about 30 yards from a wall of police assembled at the entrance to the street where Brown was killed by a still-unidentified officer on Saturday.

Officers in military-style uniforms, some carrying high-powered rifles and wearing balaclavas, formed a line at least two men deep and blocking the entire width of Florrisant Street, the main drag where angry protests over Brown's killing had flared for the previous two nights.

Pitched behind two large armoured trucks, they repeatedly warned the demonstrators through a Tannoy system to "get out of the road or face arrest" – the same warning delivered on Monday night before officers fired teargas, rubber bullets and wooden baton rounds into the crowds.

But for 40 minutes, the protesters defied the threat. Some hung out of car windows, while others raised their arms aloft and repeated what has become their defining slogan: "Hands up, don't shoot." A police helicopter swooped around the dark sky above, shining a bright spotlight on the faces of the almost entirely African American crowd.

"Heavenly father, help us as we continue on this journey of justice," Rasheen Aldridge, a 20-year-old self-appointed leader of the group, told them through a megaphone. "The people behind us, they will do what they will do. Only you can judge us; only you can protect us."

As the police declined to follow through with arrests, furious members of the crowd screamed obscenities at officers and urged them to "shoot those rubber bullets". But after 40 minutes in which it seemed that a repeat of Monday night's clashes would happen at any moment, the protesters abruptly melted away.

Patricia Bynes, a Democratic committeewoman for Ferguson, who was observing the standoff nervously, said she hoped its resolution signalled an end to the violent clashes. "But there is definitely still an antagonism there," said Bynes.

In the early hours of Wednesday it was reported that a small skirmish had resulted in police again using teargas and a young woman being struck in the head with a projectile. Spookwrites, an Instagram user who had previously been covering the protests, posted a photograph of herself wearing a neck brace and showing cuts on her face.

"We have a right to assemble, a right to freedom," said Paul Muhammad. "But here we are facing what looks like a military imposing martial law. It is not acceptable."

The protesters had marched from a church more than a mile away, where earlier in the evening the Rev Al Sharpton, the veteran civil rights leader and TV host, appeared alongside Brown's parents to appeal for calm after two nights in which about 50 people were arrested.

Ferguson police refused on Tuesday to release the name of the officer who shot Brown in sharply disputed circumstances. While police say that Brown assaulted the officer during a struggle, witnesses said he was shot while trying to run away after being grabbed by the officer when he and a friend would not leave the road and walk on the pavement.

For the previous three hours, the officers held their line while being approached by several people who gestured at them or aired complaints. One man, who refused to stop walking, promptly found his chest emblazoned with the red dot of a laser sight from an officer's gun.

Lawanda Wallace, 40, got closer than anyone else to the stone-faced officers and accused them of racism. "It's just the same as 40 years ago," said Wallace. "When white people do it, it's an honest uprising; when black folks do it, it's rioting and looting."

A series of cars, some of whose drivers seemed to be taunting the officers, also approached the police line. One man drove towards them at such speed, and stopped so short of hitting officers, that several people watching gasped and screamed in anticipation of a crash or a shooting to prevent one.

As the man turned his car around and drove away, he poked his head out of his driver-side window and smiled. "I don't know what's up with them," he said of the police.

The Ferguson city police officer who shot Brown has not been named publicly, but has been placed on paid leave while the shooting is investigated by the separate St Louis county police department. The FBI is also looking into whether the incident caused civil rights violations.

In a statement on Tuesday, Barack Obama described Brown's death as "heartbreaking". Noting the FBI investigation, the president appealed for calm. "I know the events of the past few days have prompted strong passions, but as details unfold, I urge everyone in Ferguson, Missouri, and across the country to remember this young man through reflection and understanding. We should comfort each other and talk with one another in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds."

The official response to Brown's death has been rejected as insultingly inadequate by many African American residents of Ferguson, a city of about 21,000 people where 67% of the population is black, yet 94% of the police force – and prominent figures in local government, such as the mayor – are white

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/a ... ger-killed

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 11:24 am » by Noentry

It's not like Americans were not warned about this militarization of America.

Truthers have been banging on about this for decades.

Most Americans have fallen for the mantra of loss of rights for security.

Well America there it is. Hope you like what you have helped to create.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 10:42 am » by Icarus1

Ferguson police arrest reporters amid rage over Michael Brown shooting

Washington Post and Huffington Post journalists detained amid continuing fraught situation on streets

Share 1652
inShare5
Email

Jon Swaine in Ferguson and Guardian staff
theguardian.com, Thursday 14 August 2014 03.36 BST
Jump to comments (266)

Protesters raise their hands in front of armed police in Ferguson. Protesters raise their hands in front of armed police in Ferguson. Photograph: JB Forbes/AP

Two reporters were arrested and teargas was fired at demonstrators in Ferguson, Missouri, on Wednesday, five nights after an unarmed black teenager was shot dead by an officer from the town’s predominantly white police force.

The Washington Post condemned the detention of its journalist, Wesley Lowery, as “illegal” and an “assault on the freedom of the press to cover the news”. The Huffington Post attacked the arrest of its reporter, Ryan J Reilly, as “militant aggression”. Reilly said that the “police resembled soldiers more than officers”.

Groups of protesters, demonstrating over the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown, were confronted by armed police in riot and military gear.

A protester kicks a smoke grenade deployed by police back in the direction of police. A protester kicks a smoke grenade deployed by police back in the direction of police. Photograph: Jeff Roberson/AP

Pictures taken by photographers and TV camera crews showed police snipers overlooking protesters.
A police officer watches over demonstrators protesting the killing of teenager Michael Brown on 13 August in Ferguson, Missouri. A police officer watches over demonstrators protesting the killing of teenager Michael Brown on 13 August in Ferguson, Missouri. Photograph: Scott Olson/Getty Images
A member of the St Louis County Police Department points his weapon in the direction of a group of protesters. A member of the St Louis County Police Department points his weapon in the direction of a group of protesters. Photograph: Jeff Roberson/AP

The Guardian’s Jon Swaine witnessed the arrest of two reporters.

Jon writes:

The two reporters were taken in cuffs from a McDonald’s in downtown Ferguson and placed in an unmarked white police van.

“They’re reporters,” shouted one member of the public, who had also been in the restaurant. Another customer confirmed seeing the pair at work inside. Lowery and Reilly both tweeted about being asked to leave the restaurant moments before they were seen being arrested.

Asked why he was being detained, the first reporter shouted: “For videotaping them.” When I approached a police line in an effort to confirm the reporters’ identities, I was threatened with arrest and told to retreat.

The arrests came as a line of police in riot gear swept eastward along West Florissant street, the main drag in downtown Ferguson where demonstrations have flared for the past three nights. Residents were forced out of the street as they tried to return to their homes.

Jon posted this picture of the arrests

Jon Swaine ✔ @jonswaine
Follow

Photo of reporter I believe to be @ryanjreilly being cuffed and put in a police van minutes ago in #Ferguson
1:14 AM - 14 Aug 2014

@WesleyLowery
Follow

Officers decided we weren't leaving McDonalds quickly enough, shouldn't have been taping them.
1:40 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Wesley Lowery ✔ @WesleyLowery
Follow

Officers slammed me into a fountain soda machine because I was confused about which door they were asking me to walk out of

Follow

Was waiting to be taken away, large black man SCREAMING for help in back of police truck
1:44 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Follow

They refused his several calls for paramedics
1:44 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Follow

"I'm dying. I'm dying. Please call help he screamed." They mocked him
1:45 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Follow

Got no explaination at any point why in custody other than "trespassing" - at a mcdonalds where we were customers
1:58 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Follow

I'm emotional, but need to note: Ryan and I are fine. Have seen people in Ferguson hurt by gas/rubber bullets. This wasn't that
2:00 AM - 14 Aug 2014

After the pair were arrested, Matt Pearce of the Los Angeles Times called the Ferguson police chief, Thomas Jackson.

Matt Pearce ✔ @mattdpearce
Follow

I just called Ferguson police chief to ask about @WesleyLowery and @ryanjreilly, told him what I knew. His response: "Oh, God."
1:30 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Pearce went on to point out that Jackson had been interviewed earlier in the day by both reporters. From Lowery’s subsequent account, it appears that Jackson intervened and ordered their release.

Follow

"The chief thought he was doing you a favor" - police officer tells me about release. With no charges, no police report
2:04 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Follow

It's as if the arrest and the assaults never took place. Just opened the doors and let is out as if we'd let it go
2:04 AM - 14 Aug 2014

Follow

Really upset, and have conflicting emotions - but can't shake anger that (part) of story about my stupid detention and not about ferguson
2:25 AM - 14 Aug 2014

marty baron executive editor of the washington post condemned the arrest

In a statement issued Wednesday night, Martin D Baron, executive editor of The Washington Post, said “there was absolutely no justification for his arrest” and said the organization was appalled by the conduct of the officers involved.

Lowery was illegally instructed to stop taking video and followed police instructions, Baron said, after which he was slammed into a machine and handcuffed.

“That behavior was wholly unwarranted and an assault on the freedom of the press to cover the news,” Baron said. “The physical risk to Wesley himself is obvious and outrageous.”

Earlier, the Guardian’s Jon Swaine posted pictures and video of heavily armed police pushing protesters back down the streets, and an image he believed to be of the two reporters being arrested.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/a ... n-shooting

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 11:00 am » by DarkHeart

Canubis wrote:i recently made some retarded threads and had boon swinging from my nuts

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 am » by -Marduk-

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Initiate

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 11:34 am » by Flipper

-Marduk- wrote:Image

:cheers:

Next