Life...what is it?

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 8:38 pm » by Allreadydead

We're all alive.....are we?

We are living, that's a fact, and boy!, is that difficult!

We go through life with our eyes closed most of the time, we are alive but not living, we are born and live in our own little world, it consists of family and friends, the people we meet, everyday we have to live.

Our lives are ruled by things we know or believe, by actions and thoughts that we think are true,by simply living amongst fellow humans we see that our reality is shaped by their actions or our own.

Our own life can be a mess or constructed to suit ourselves, sometimes we have no control over what happens to us, or we are the architechs of our own destiny, and we fuck up - big time.

But the question remains, are we in control of our lives?

The botttom line of this thread is that: What is life as we (as an individual) understand it to be?

Life can be the hardest thing to cope with and as a human with the blessing (or curse) of rational thought it can be the question we all need to answer.

We know that life ends (religion aside) and what does it mean?

We all live and I ask: For what purpose?

I've smoked a few spliffs and drunk a few beers and that's my excuse for posting this thread, please answer kindly, but again I ask What is YOUR life about, really about? How would you answer the question: "Life....What is it?"

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 9:40 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Hey, praying boneman, many greetings...

Smoke pot, and you feel light, but you come back and wonder again.
Take some shots, and you get tired, but you come back and start asking again.
Screw a lady, and maybe you come in phantastic outrage, but you cool down and wonder again.
Study wisdom, and you may feel phantastic, but your perception changes and your in the wheel again.
Pray, and your whatever part doesn't disturb you anymore, but you come back to the point of pain.
Do what thou want, and couple parts of you will reyoice, bu you will forget after a while and start whirling again.
Poor boneman! Maybe, who knows...
Lucky boneman, maybe you are part of a game...
Are you real or do you dream?
Are you that what you perceive?
Boneman, maybe you belong also to a gamble of illusion? Maybe, who knows...

Listen, man: I don't know and nobody knows for sure.

This evening now I say: Life is something that happens and I seem to have part of it.
Will see tomorrow.
Sometimes you feel fucked but not me.
And sometimes it's vice versa.
Forget somehow even the concept of free will.
To my perception not I make decisions but something.
Something happens, something is happening around the clock.
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 9:45 pm » by Mozi!!a

whatch the skyes at night. ((and say what ta hell am i doing here)). and like you meen it

trust me you get a feeling that you cannot describe :D

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 9:48 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

... can you take that - though you feel and think and whatever you claim having resposibility nonetheless letting go of it and experiencing that not you act but something is happening?
Know what I mean?
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 9:58 pm » by Mozi!!a

tertiusgaudens wrote:... can you take that - though you feel and think and whatever you claim having resposibility nonetheless letting go of it and experiencing that not you act but something is happening?
Know what I mean?

know what you mean.

and definitely something is happening
man the feeling can be some time more more powerful then we can imagion
we just aren't giving the feelings enough credit
:D

PostFri May 28, 2010 11:33 pm » by Moeingflow

I could tell many of my own perceptions, but instead i would like tell tell u about i men i know. he suffer under the tourett syndrom since his childhood and some other bad thing happend to him. he told me long time after we met us first time, that he had some visions from which he think was god. and this was pretty much about that life is just a game, that has alreadybeen played. this guy dindt even know the words new age movement or any conspiracy. he was into non of these things im sure.

whatever i think this was worth sharing

maybe life is just a rulebook for the real game :scary:

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 11:43 pm » by E6722maj

whatever

Initiate

PostSat May 29, 2010 12:07 am » by Mahsooyee

Philosophers, writers, poets and artists have pondered this question time and time again. My concept will be a little strange to some: As mortals the closest thing we can come to death is sleep and no human can know exactly the moment when sleep befalls them. Hence, to awaken is akin to a personal resurrection which presents a moment in time where one has been given the chance to change anything that they wish within their life or within the lives of others if they would only chose to do so. Instead of donning this new garment (new life) many step back into the old garment (old life) that they wore before going to sleep...not grasping that they have awakened to a higher phase of existence but will assume what has become familiar to them...preferring their personal comfort zone as it is already perceived as either good or bad and only seek what is familiar to them and redone the same shackles from the previous day instead of realizing they are unfettered, totally renewed in body, mind and spirit!

jetxvii

PostSat May 29, 2010 12:28 am » by jetxvii

consciousness man, consciousness...

this video gives you a pretty good Idea of what I mean:

"Conscious observation" to be more precise..

at least I think that is how this life and the next life (death) are associated, I have no idea if you die after you die though?

Conspirator

PostSat May 29, 2010 1:18 am » by E6722maj

this is sort of relevant. if you've never read the 'riverworld' series of books by Philp Jose Farmer, they consider a cool possible afterlife scenario. especially the first book of the series, 'to your scattered bodies go' an awesome read :flop: :alien:
whatever

Next