List Internet scams to watch out for. Add a scam.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am » by Toxic32

I nearly got caught out by this scam asking me to confirm personal details among other other things. It looked like the proper UPS web site. It was only the fact that I wasn't expecting a parcel from over sea's that i smelt a rat. If you know of any scam that we should lookout for post it here for reference.

UPS Customer Service airfreight-service@ups-us.com via eris.telkomsa.net
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:09 pm » by mykingdomforthetruth

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Initiate

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 pm » by mykingdomforthetruth

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.

Initiate

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 pm » by mykingdomforthetruth

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 2:24 pm » by Toxic32

Made me laugh. :alien51:
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 5:32 pm » by Richc

Earlier in the year i was car shopping on the internet ( UKs top car site AutoTrader )

I found the exact car i wanted and it was only half the price of all others.
To good to be true so i emailed the owner.

He said that the car was in Spain as he moved out there. UK plates and right hand side drive.

He had paid a shipping company to hold the car until he sold it.

I would have to pay the shipping company then they would ship the car and drive it to my door..

I laughed so hard i nearly ingested my own dick...

After a number of emails with the nobber on the other end i passed all the information to the UK fraud people and it was confirmed as being a new scam.

The car advert strangely dissapeared and has not been seen again. ( by me anyway ).

Never did hear what the outcome was. Probably nothing as usual.

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 pm » by Rizze

I would suggest getting this, as an extra precaution, it is low on resources and sits in your taskbar protecting all the time, if you try make a transaction on a bogus site this will alert you.
Free as well.

Endpoint Security Software for PC and Mac

Trusteer Rapport provides client-based protection for employees and customers against advanced threats. With tens of millions of protected endpoints worldwide, Trusteer Rapport creates a global cybercrime intelligence network that enables Trusteer malware experts to achieve sustainable cybercrime prevention.

Trusteer Rapport for Online Banking
Protects end-user endpoints against financial malware and phishing attacks. By preventing attacks such as Man-in-the-Browser and Man-in-the-Middle, it secures credentials and personal information and stops financial fraud and account takeover. And, it keeps endpoints malware-free by blocking malware installation and removing existing infections.

Trusteer Rapport for Enterprise
Protects employees’ endpoints, managed and unmanaged, against advanced malware and spear phishing attacks. By preventing keylogging, screen capturing and application tampering it secures credentials and sensitive data from theft by Cybercriminals.

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 am » by Evildweeb

OH BOY........the Nigerians have switched tactics............

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

:banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing:
:dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana:
:dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana:

Check THIS one out..........lol

FBI AGENT MR FRANK MOSS
> Anti-Terrorist And Monetary Crimes Division
> FBI Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
> Federal Bureau Of Investigation
> J. Edgar Hoover Building 935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
> NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
>
> Attn: Beneficiary,
>
> This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an Investigation with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you legally won the sum of $10.5 Million USD from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via a Certified Cashier's Check. Normally, it will take up to 5 business days for an International Check to be cashed by your local bank. We have successfully notified this company on your behalf funds are to be drawn out of the bank in Nigeria to the United States Of America so as to enable you cash the check instantly without any delay, henceforth the stated amount of $10.5 Million USD has been deposited with Bank Of America. We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified !
th!
> e entire transaction to be Safe an
>
> (1) Deposit Fee's ( Fee's paid by the company for the deposit into an American Bank which is)......$100
> (2) Cashier's Check Conversion Fee ( Fee for converting the Wire Transfer payment into aCertified Cashier's Check ).$50
> (3) Shipping Fee's ( This is the charge for shipping the Cashier's Check to your home address and this fee includes Insurance)......$100
>
> The total amount for everything is $250.00 (Two Hunderd and Fifty US Dollars). We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $250.00 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been deposited at Bank Of America and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you the winner, therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the Agent in-charge of this transaction via Western Union Money Transfer Or Money Gram. In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent ( Mr Michael Larry) via e-mail.
>
> Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:
>
> Email: miclarry01@rocketmail.com
> Directors Name: Mr. Michael Larry
> Phone Number: +234-704-515-1983
>
>
> And you have to Re-confirm your full details to him..Because the Certificate will be deliver to you hardcopy by FedEx because the Bank will need the Orignal copy of the certificate before it can be release to you as the real beneficiary..
>
> Receiver's Name :............................. .................
> Address:...................... .............................. ...........
> Tel/:......................... .............................. ...............
>
>
> Should in case you need any more informations in regards to this notification, feel free to get back to us so that we can brief you more as we are here to guide you during and after this project has been completely perfected and you have received your contract fund as stated.Thank you very much for your anticipated co-operation in advance as we earnestly await your urgent response to this matter.
>
> BEST REGARDS
> Mr Frank Moss
> Anti-Terrorist And Monetary Crimes Division
> FBI Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
> Federal Bureau Of Investigation
> J. Edgar Hoover Building 935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
> NW Washington, D.C.20535-0001, USA
> Email: fbi.fraudalert.008@hotmail.com

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 5:53 am » by mediasorcery

Richc wrote:Earlier in the year i was car shopping on the internet ( UKs top car site AutoTrader )

I found the exact car i wanted and it was only half the price of all others.
To good to be true so i emailed the owner.

He said that the car was in Spain as he moved out there. UK plates and right hand side drive.

He had paid a shipping company to hold the car until he sold it.

I would have to pay the shipping company then they would ship the car and drive it to my door..

I laughed so hard i nearly ingested my own dick...

After a number of emails with the nobber on the other end i passed all the information to the UK fraud people and it was confirmed as being a new scam.

The car advert strangely dissapeared and has not been seen again. ( by me anyway ).

Never did hear what the outcome was. Probably nothing as usual.

RIK

a guy tried that one on me when i was looking for cars a while back, half price, same thing, car in storage etc.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.