Live Giant Squid Filmed in the Pacific for the First Time

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 am » by *WillEase*

Architeuthis show to approximate scale next to the Shinkai 6500, a famous 31-feet-long Japanese manned research submersible.

This amazing sea creature is an Architeuthis. Or a Kraken, as the ancient vikings used to call it. We knew the kraken wasn't a mythical creature. Giant squids like this have been captured in the past, usually near the sea's surface, but this is the first time one has been filmed alive in the wild, majestically swimming at 2,066 feet underwater.

Its silver skin glimmering in the dark under the submersible's lights, looking suspiciously at the sub with its giant black eyes, the sea monster was amazing, according to Tsunemi Kubodera, the mission leader:

It was shining and so beautiful. I was so thrilled when I saw it first hand, but I was confident we would because we rigorously researched the areas we might find it, based on past data. Researchers around the world have tried to film giant squid in their natural habitats, but all attempts were in vain before.

The giant squid was found in the depths of the Pacific Ocean by a team of three Japanese scientists crammed inside a research submarine for 400 hours and 100 missions. The team located the monster 9.3 miles (15 kilometres) east of Chichi Island, a small archipelago about 150 miles (241.4 kilometers) north of Iwo Jima.

Kubodera was able to find another giant calamari in the past, but that was not an Architeuthis but a Taningia danae. The Taningia—a red beast with eight arms—is quite a bit smaller than the Architeuthis. There's another monster that hasn't been filmed yet, even bigger than the Architeuthis: the Mesonychoteuthis.

The video, filmed in high definition, will be showed by the Discovery Channel soon, in the final episode of Curiosity.

http://dsc.discovery.com/show-news/gian ... -time.html
PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 am » by Toxic32

How did you find that. Fuck I wish I had your time to discover things. :flop:
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 2:55 am » by Bleever

nice, i was just reading that on a popular msm site. nice one.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 3:21 am » by Megame23

very cool, looking forward to seeing the video
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 4:58 am » by *WillEase*

Bleever wrote:nice, i was just reading that on a popular msm site. nice one.

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 am » by Troll2rocks

THREAD LOCKED!!!!
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 am » by Malogg

Squid pie ,squid rings ,squid soup

Lol enough fkn squid to feed Africa

Upload to Disclose.tv

ole video 2010 or so ^^^

Upload to Disclose.tv

Oh Kingdom of Scotland - To be FREE again - Beastminsters smarmy and stinks of SH1TE HAFKNHAHA HA FKN HA...Salmonds a bawbag and Darlings a fkn sissy...Oh to be FREE again...

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 am » by Iwanci

nice post :flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 12:12 am » by *WillEase*

Our friend Jonnypartys at The Scuttlefish found this video of the Architeuthis, the living kraken filmed by Tsunemi Kubodera and his team after 400 hours in a research sub. It's only a few seconds, but you can see the beast both peacefully floating and attacking the submarine.

The monster was kind of pissed off, but I don't blame it. According to Kubodera, they live "a solitary existence, swimming about all alone in the deep sea. It doesn't live in a group, so when I saw it, well, it looked to me like it was rather lonely."

Single tear.

Upload to Disclose.tv